• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Low opiate tolerance, but heroin doesnt get me high?

theebaheeen

Greenlighter
I guess ill just get straight into it

I have a fairly low tolerance of around 30mg oxycodone to get me pretty fucked up, oI use recreationally once a week at the very most, and its been like that for over a year. I have smoked santa cruz black tar heroin before, and needless to say it fucked me pretty good. That was about 5 months ago, since then I have been just railing 5mg oxymorphone or 30mg oxycodone here or there. My tolerance never went up.

Well recently me and my friend picked up what was supposed to be .7 g of fire ass tar for a premium price. It was hard and glassy, looked good, but it ended up being .4 on the scale :|, so we split it up .2 - .2.

We proceeded to smoke it, and I noticed I didn't get the immediate high that I got with the tar I got in santa cruz. I mean seriously, 3-4 hits of that sc stuff and I was gone. My friend (who has an oxy tolerance of around 120mg) put the .2 up his nose with water, and I smoked a little more then half of it. I got buzzed, but no where close to where 30mg oxycodone will get me. My friend who has the high tolerance told me he was mildly high, so I assume he was probably where I was in terms of highness.

The next day, me and my friend go cop some a gram of tenderloin tar in search of a proper opiate high, since the one from the last night was pretty pathetic. We cop some tar that was far more soft/gooey, but it still had hardness to it. That day I smoke .1, and still dont really get high, I then put another .1 up my nose with water, and I got the same high I got the last night.

Wow, now im pissed. I still have .2 of the tenderloin tar, and the little ball of the "fire" tar left, so the next day I decide to give it another go. I mean Cmon people, I want to nod Y'know?

I put the little ball of "fire" in a syringe and squirt it into my nose, keeping my head lifted so it absorbs as much as it can in my nasal cavity. I start to feel a slight buzz after about 5 minutes, so I smoke .1 of the tenderloin tar which doesn't do shit (although it smokes well), and put the other .1 up my nose. After smoking cannabis I sit back and evaluate my high.

It is still no where close to 30mg oxycodone.

Do I just not get high off heroin anymore for some reason? Or is it just shitty tar Ive been getting? I mean I hear that using heroin is cheaper then pills but in my experience its not worth it unless you iv it like my friend did with the tl tar. (I dont like needles lol)

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

low quality heroin.

also smoking has a lower BA than snorting or "waterlineing"

and if a 30 roxi still fucks you up why would you fuck with heroin in the first place ?

low quality heroin.

and if a 30 roxi still fucks you up why would you fuck with heroin in the first place ?

cost. a 30 roxy here costs the same if not more than a bag of dope. and dope used to be good, but everything I've gotten recently wasnt worth the glassine in came in. when a 4mg hydromorphone gets you off better than 3 bags, something is seriously wrong with the heroin.

OP, you got shitty heroin. Dont know if it is true, but from what I heard there was some big ass drought in Afghanistan that wiped out poppies, and heroin quality has suffered accordingly.

If the crap that is passed off as heroin now was done that way a decade ago, there would be a shitload of dead dealers.

eta: As applies to dope, the word I hate hearing more than anything is "fire". Usually synonymous with "you got burned". If you see someone who does 2-3 bags just to feel normal go slam the hell out with the same dose, then it might be "fire". Most times its an extremely overused adjective to sell crap dope.

Last edited:
low quality heroin.

To put it simply, cost.

That, and I have always portrayed heroin since first researching opiates as just another opiate; Diacetylmorphine (although I think tar is 6-mam but w/e). To me, the high is no better then oxycodone and oxymorphone, I kinda just see the social stigma as a result of the media hype.

But then again it is black tar; I mean the name kinda just sums it up for you, inhaling a smoke of crude unrefined glob of TAR with god knows what cut in it cannot be good for you, or your lungs for that matter...

I shoulda gone with the china white opportunity I had.... FUCK

Just enjoy your cheap Oxycodone highs while you still can OP. Most people go to Heroin not for the feeling but solely for the cost. Oxy is a better high than Heroin for me personally. You always get exactly what you pay for and never have to worry about shitty quality.

If the cost is already such a big factor and you only use 1 Roxi, then I advise you get the hell away from opiates now.

You are most definately right about just sticking to the pharms, i dont even really like opiates thaaat much to even be fucking with h, its all because of the social stigma. Most of my peers know that i occasionally indulge in the opiate high (oxycodone/morphone w/e), but if the wrong person was to find out about me using heroin, id be fucked beyond belief.

But the cost really hasnt been a huge factor for me to be honest, im just pretty jewish when it comes to spending money lol.

Also, i never really found heroin to be much better then oxy ime either, i just kinda like the instant high from smoking, pretty neat.

Last edited:
I stick to pharms, it's actually cheaper for me, we really cant go into price discussion but for the price of one bag of heroin, I could get like a week and a half's worth of methadone.

@OP, sounds like weak/bunk heroin. If I were you, I'd stick to pharmaceuticals, I like knowing exactly what I put into my body and at what dose.

I mean, tar is a lot better than people who have never tried it, think it is. But it's the whole "how strong will this batch be" crap that gets to me. Honestly though, it's easier to judge quality of tar than powdered H, I would imagine.

@OP, sounds like weak/bunk heroin. If I were you, I'd stick to pharmaceuticals, I like knowing exactly what I put into my body and at what dose.

I mean, tar is a lot better than people who have never tried it, think it is. But it's the whole "how strong will this batch be" crap that gets to me. Honestly though, it's easier to judge quality of tar than powdered H, I would imagine.

Good point, im really not trying to get caught up in that game; that actually sounds annoying as fuck.

I hear mscontin 30's can go for a rediculously low price in the TL, maybe ill take a trip up in a week or so. Lol ive only been there once and as fucked up as it may sound, i kinda love the place. No where you go in the city can compare to the vibe the tl lets off. Its like being a little kid in a candy store, except its not that kind of candy.

I agree with those that are saying to stick to pharmaceuticals. You don't want to get hooked on heroin (shitty heroin, at that), trust me.

I think that the nasal BA is the same as smoking.

That, and I have always portrayed heroin since first researching opiates as just another opiate; Diacetylmorphine (although I think tar is 6-mam but w/e). To me, the high is no better then oxycodone and oxymorphone, I kinda just see the social stigma as a result of the media hype.

Some people misunderstand the statement that black tar heroin isn't actually heroin. It is heroin (diacetylmorphine), but yes, it also has 6-MAM as well as 3-MAM. When BTH degrades (over time from moisture) then it slowly becomes 6-MAM, but it is definitely diacetylmorphine at first, along with the other derivatives.

i've noticed this too. the decline in heroin quality has been substantial over the past few years. unfortunately in germany all the semi-synthetic opioids readily available in north america aren't, so at this point it's either bupe or nothing around these parts...

i think you just got shitty H... most H is cut to hell... i remember reading an article about "really strong heroin" causing overdoses.. it was 30 or 35% pure if i remember rightly.. and this is the powder stuff, i've heard tar is extremely low purity.. i thik you have your answer there...

30-35% purity is low. Here in Detroit the average heroin has at least a 60% purity and it is common to get dope that's 70-80% in purity. I've read that in New Jersey and Baltimore you can get purity levels up to 98% (Source: US Justice Department).

Tar will never ever be found at these kinds of purity levels. The highest tar purity levels you'll get is probably 40-50% and that's probably rare. The average is likely around 30% purity.

For the person saying why do you fuck with herion, you don't really have to have a high tolerance of opiates to do H. H is always a cheaper alternative, i kid you not i can get fucked up off 15mg IR oxy. When i do tar i always water line it with a syringe and just a little gives me a nice buzz, i keep dosing till i melt into the couch. Also i would stick to a different ROA, it didn't take a lot of shooting tar in my nose to give me pneumonia. I started wheezing during the nights and my nose was always clogged to shit, then i started getting heart problems. Snorting tar is some nasty nasty shit, and fucks up your sinuses instantly. You've been warned

^ The reason people are saying that is because using heroin when you have such a low opiate tolerance is more dangerous since a strnger batch will cause OD pretty easily. All it takes is that one really potent batch and dosing a little too much of it to cause OD. This can happen to any heroin user though, but you are very susceptible to OD when you have a very low tolerance.

Also i would stick to a different ROA, it didn't take a lot of shooting tar in my nose to give me pneumonia.
Snorting tar is some nasty nasty shit, and fucks up your sinuses instantly.
Smoking tar is some nasty shit and fucks up your lungs instantly....
Shooting tar is some nasty shit and fucks up your veins instantly....

What other ROA would you recommend? Plugging seems to be alright, but since the OP has such a low tolerance to opiates dosing it may be tricky. If they don't know how long it takes to hit them that way and re-dose too soon, it can be dangerous. It's reasons like that that further validate that switching to heroin, especially while you have a low tolerance to opiates, is a bad decision and the potential for harm is high.

Exactly! I am so glad that we have powdered dope (#4) here in Detroit. I've seen tar once in Detroit (I guess you can find it in Detroit if you know the right people, but it is quite rare - I found it once in the southwest side of the D) and of course I was curious to try it so I did and it was totally garbage compared to the regular powder. I had trouble breaking it down at first, but then I split it into a few smaller pieces and cooked it (something I never do with the powder). I shot it up and everything was fine, but man the consistency of that solution was like a goopy soup almost.

^ The reason people are saying that is because using heroin when you have such a low opiate tolerance is more dangerous since a strnger batch will cause OD pretty easily. All it takes is that one really potent batch and dosing a little too much of it to cause OD. This can happen to any heroin user though, but you are very susceptible to OD when you have a very low tolerance.

What other ROA would you recommend? Plugging seems to be alright, but since the OP has such a low tolerance to opiates dosing it may be tricky. If they don't know how long it takes to hit them that way and re-dose too soon, it can be dangerous. It's reasons like that that further validate that switching to heroin, especially while you have a low tolerance to opiates, is a bad decision and the potential for harm is high.

I guess to test the waters I could just smoke a little to see where it gets me, and go from there with other dosing options.

Yea but as you said, smoking is fucking NASSTYY. After smoking the rest of the TL tar, my lungs started to hurt. It was pretty mild, but I couldn't take a deep breath without feeling it down in there. The pain is gone now, but I'm not trying to smoke that much of that shit anymore. Too much bullshit, not enough drug.

I'm down with plugging, I've done it before with oxycodone and it hit me pretty fast and hard. But again, it wouldn't be the first ROA to test the strength; I'm not that dumb.... lol

To be completely honest though, I think I'm done with H, or at least black tar. That shit is so vile and so unpredictable, its just not worth it. The only way I think I would ever use, is if I could successfully perform an alkaloid extraction, which seems unlikely because everyone just ends up with a sticky mess from what I hear.

Now if I had my hands on some china white.... Yum. (gotta be extremely careful with that i realize)

"China white" is actually not a slang name for heroin. It's slang for alpha-Methylfentanyl. But I know what you mean - real good, high quality white powder dope.

Last time I did tar it was shitty too. Whenever I go out to LA, all of my buddies are constantly asking me to bring back east coast dope. If you can't get access to good quality dope, stick with the pharms.