• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

losing all hope, unemployed, gf left, family wants me out, help please

adhdanon

Greenlighter
Been on adderall since 2011 diagnosed ADHD and just finished law school and bar exam and still cant quit stimulants or adderall although i am doing little better (on vyvanse and small IR booster), was going to go to dexedrine spansules 15 mg twice a day next month alone, to get off lexapro and leave it, or use 0.5 klonopin mg to wean off. Wellbutrin made me snappy although restored that lack of dopamine adderall caused. my doctor sucks and im researching better one before I have to call and switch my PCP, so any advice please I'd appreciate. TY

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I don't know a lot about those drugs you are taking and I just wanted to wish you luck and let you know that you are alone.

If you want to tell more about your situation (gf leaving you, being unemployed and family wanting to get you out) I am willing to read and give you some advice if I can.

I wish you can find a way on your tough situation and remember that there is always hope no matter how hard things might look.

I was on 100 mg adderall xr a day so 5 20 mg pills a day. I'd take it for work and for recreation, I would also take more than 100 mg sometimes 140 mg a day and would always need Xanax or alcohol or anything to counteract it so I could relax again after a crash. I'd go through psychosis and my heart fluttering constantly, I lost my gf and many peoples respect. I lost friends I lost my own self respect. I just had to quit cold turkey , I am young so idk how ur body will respond to cold turkey style I'm just saying that's what I did. I have relapsed many times , I quit cold turkey a year or more ago. I just know better than to go get s script anymore, over the past year I'd get the script but would take 2 maybe and throw them all away or not even take any, I knew where it would lead me man. You gotta go with your gut instincts..

Last edited:
You should always quit using if you experience psychosis.

OP: why do your family want you out? Because you're using?

OP---You sound like an intelligent person so here's my advice from someone who let Adderall ruin their life...

I binged on Adderall for the past 3 years in dosages as high as 500mgs in 24 hours...I eventually got an RX and used it daily in high dosages (90-200mgs) for half of a year...I quit cold turkey and its only 72 hours of hell and then it gets better....by day 10 i felt so much better.

When I quit using methamphetamine, I felt better within the first day.

Quitting stimulants should be easy because the side effects (high BP, anxiety, etc) often become unbearable for the average person, hence why sobriety can feel so amazing, because you're no longer anxious, panicking, etc.

Sounds like the perfect time to go to treatment. Are you ready to stop? I hate to tell you this, but it can always get worse.

Also, the rooms of NA/AA are full of lawyers, I come from a family of them. Get clean now, because the BAR association does not fuck about.