• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazepam starting dosage help

OP, I know you've taken your dose now, but the reason you got two difference responses is largely two fold.

1) Many people metabolize many benzos and many different rates, nobody could ever say with an accuracy how you'd respond. Which is shy you got a variety of answers, based on people metabolizing the drug for themselves, or via other info.

2) People's ideas of 'recreational dose' for benzo's ranges heavily. Some people who don't use them often, want a few mg to chill them out and to lift that stress. Other people will go on binges and consume large amounts to try and get high on it, or for whatever reason. The other group is those that've taken benzo's for a long time so are quite tolerant. All three of these groups would have different ideas as to how much 1mg of Lorazepam would have affected you.

I don't agree with those that say benzos are not recreational, as that's very subjective. A large dose of any benzo will make most users heavily relax and chill out, some may go so far as to lose their motor skills/ speech and will look as if they have been hitting hard liquor all night.

I suffer from anxiety so I do find them 'recreational' to some degree, as when I'm very very tensed and worrying, I can meditate, take a pill and melt my worries away. To be put in such a content state for most people would be considered to be 'recreational'.

I dunno really... some people love 'em, some people hate 'em.

Probably best to start hating 'em as quick as you can, as they're very addictive and often a downward spiral if not kept in check...

This is my own personal experience/opinion...

Lorazepam is useless. I used to take the 1 mg as needed and I'd take several with no effect. I'm now prescribed 1 mg Xanax which are much better for what they are.

That being said, no tolerance I'd start with 0.5 and if you don't feel it take 1 and so on and so forth. better to be cautious -- not sure what your tolerance is.

Yes I've read how addictive benzo's are, but anyways thanks for the info.

This is my own personal experience/opinion...

Lorazepam is useless. I used to take the 1 mg as needed and I'd take several with no effect. I'm now prescribed 1 mg Xanax which are much better for what they are.

If I feel good with 2mg of Lorazepam, do you think that 1mg of Xanax could be a good starting dosage? Or is it too much?

Yes I've read how addictive benzo's are, but anyways thanks for the info.

If I feel good with 2mg of Lorazepam, do you think that 1mg of Xanax could be a good starting dosage? Or is it too much?

i would try .5mg or even .25mg and wait for a bit then add more if needed you can take more not less
the first time i took xanax with zero tolerance i took .5mg and i was on my ass haha
2mg of lorazepam equals roughly 1mg of xanax
lorazepam is more of a gentle ride compared to xanax
xanax is hard hitting and fast unlike lorazepam which isnt hard hitting and a much smoother ride

No it's really not. 3mg MIGHT be on the high end, but 2mg is definitely suitable. .5mg of lorazepam is equal to 0.25mg of xanax. And they are similar with there short half lives and effectiveness to treat panic attacks. Yeah I'll leave you to think about that one.

I agree. .5mg-1mg is the standard prescribed dosage usually for anxiety and insomnia... so for a recreational dose... I say take 1.5 or 2mg. 3 may be on the high end.. but honestly it should still be fine.

I love lorazepam. I've taken thousands of tablets in my life haha. My starting dose was 2mg (but I do have somewhat of a benzo tolerance)..