• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Lorazepam, maintaining low tolerance

mhm58

Greenlighter
Hey ppl ! I started taking lorazepam for GAD. I'm thinking, if I only take it on workdays - 3 days a week - 4mg/day, could that keep my tolerance levels at bay?
Also, if on the other days, I'd take 1mg/day, could that ruin the previous plan? Been addicted to benzos before, not gonna happen again : )

What do you think?

Last edited:
as for me tolerance to benzo and specially lorazepam went sky high from taking it only once a month, you can't take it 3 days a week without developing tolerance to it.
but I've seen some ppl taking it daily and got good long term effect, our body are different so it might work for you
if you took it daily with any dosage you will develop depandance you should stay on two times a week plan.
Interesting. What do you think could be the factors? Like early xanax abuse and recreational drugs probably wouldn't help one's case.

Hey ppl ! I started taking lorazepam for GAD. I'm thinking, if I only take it on workdays - 3 days a week - 4mg/day, could that keep my tolerance levels at bay?
Also, if on the other days, I'd take 1mg/day, could that ruin the previous plan? Been addicted to benzos before, not gonna happen again : )

What do you think?
Your plan is doomed :), 3x a week = addiction for anyone ,
If you know what benzo addiction feels like and you are ok with it please continue

as for me tolerance to benzo and specially lorazepam went sky high from taking it only once a month
As I see your signature and combination of meds I can't help to wonder if you are not "mixing apples with eggs". Interactions are a real and pretty unpredictable thing, even if we all had very similar bodies. Tolerance to benzos from taking it once a month? I could believe you as we are all different but I can't see how body would hold such a grudge over 4mg of lorazepam 30 days ago. But then again, I am talking strictly from personal experience. Maybe I am plain dumb but I would be very surprised if somebody got tolerant to lorazepam if using every 30 days. Few times a week is a very different story. Take care.