• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam IV and how to mix....

kunmo

Bluelighter
So i want to inject or IV up a bunch of lorazepam i got. I know they are really water soluble but wanted to know how to mix and how much to take....

From the wikipedia page for Lorazepam:

"Pure lorazepam is an almost white powder that is nearly insoluble in water and oil."

"Lorazepam injectable solution is administered either by deep intramuscular injection or by intravenous injection. The injectable solution comes in 1 mL ampoules containing 2 mg or 4 mg lorazepam. The solvents used are polyethylene glycol 400 and propylene glycol. As a preservative, the injectable solution contains benzyl alcohol.[38] Toxicity from propylene glycol has been reported in the case of a patient receiving a continuous lorazepam infusion.[39] Intravenous injections should be given slowly and patients closely monitored for side effects, such as respiratory depression, hypotension, or loss of airway control."

Well, you can, but you have to dissolve them in something other than water (forget what) and anyway benzos have very good bioavailability orally so why bother?

Well, you can, but you have to dissolve them in something other than water (forget what) and anyway benzos have very good bioavailability orally so why bother?

well, benzos somewhat dissolve in alcohol, but that is a dangerous combo and will BURN LIKE THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF HELL!:! so bottom line is don't shoot benzos(exept midolazam:D).

lorazepam comes in an IV solution (ampules) unless you have them dont inject it. you can just mix the pills with water. you would need propylene glycol or everclear, ideally both. the trick is keeping the solution diluted enough as to maintain solubility without destroying your veins from the etoh. all in all, not fucking worth it.