• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Lorazepam compared to Alprazolam

Recreant793

Greenlighter
Well first and foremost hello and thanks for reading my first post on this site. I've read these forums for years and finally joined today.

So to get right down to it, I just picked up my prescription for Lorazepam about an hour ago ( Quantity-60, Watson, 1mg )

I just began getting prescribed benzos about 4 months ago but have been a long time user. My favorite of which is Xanax due to the quick onset and the potency. I am currently attempting to get prescribed Alprazolam, but am slowly climbing my way up the ladder due to the fear of getting blacklisted for asking specifically for this medication. I was prescribed Clonazepam at first but I've never really found them to do much for me, which I find odd because many people I know absolutely love them. I have only gotten a Lorazepam prescription once before, and that was last month. I didn't find them to pack the punch I was looking for even at doses of 10-15mg. I figured it was either the manufacturer of those pills wasn't reliable, or I was just expecting too much.

So my question is, is there any recreational value to Lorazepam? I've read about benzo equivalence charts and always interpreted it as if you take this much of "X", it will feel just like this much of "Y". And I might be incorrect about that. Sorry if I'm confusing anybody, I know my question is a bit scattered. But any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

lorazepam wont do shit good you fucking cunt

Don't worry about this troll, I just reported his comment. He just came off a temporary ban, and did not learn his lesson, I also quoted him for posterity in case he tries to delete it.

Welcome to bluelight in answer to your question they seem to work for about 50% of people and not for the rest. I personally love them, but I have found that they are really useful for people that have very severe anxiety. Try using it sublingual or on an empty stomach. I usually take about 1 or 2 mg. They last for a good 2 to 3 hours making them one of my favorite next to xanax. However, they have to work for you. Like I said some people just don't get anything from them.

Well first and foremost hello and thanks for reading my first post on this site. I've read these forums for years and finally joined today.

So to get right down to it, I just picked up my prescription for Lorazepam about an hour ago ( Quantity-60, Watson, 1mg )

I just began getting prescribed benzos about 4 months ago but have been a long time user. My favorite of which is Xanax due to the quick onset and the potency. I am currently attempting to get prescribed Alprazolam, but am slowly climbing my way up the ladder due to the fear of getting blacklisted for asking specifically for this medication. I was prescribed Clonazepam at first but I've never really found them to do much for me, which I find odd because many people I know absolutely love them. I have only gotten a Lorazepam prescription once before, and that was last month. I didn't find them to pack the punch I was looking for even at doses of 10-15mg. I figured it was either the manufacturer of those pills wasn't reliable, or I was just expecting too much.

So my question is, is there any recreational value to Lorazepam? I've read about benzo equivalence charts and always interpreted it as if you take this much of "X", it will feel just like this much of "Y". And I might be incorrect about that. Sorry if I'm confusing anybody, I know my question is a bit scattered. But any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

dont mind the troll
ativan has no rec value unlike diazepam for example with its euphoria
10 to 15 mg is quite a huge dose and if that didnt help move on to something else bud hell i would feel super drunk off of 1mg speech slurred, double vision lol
in the end xanax is on a level of its own not much compares to it except alprazolam XR

I'm sorry you had to read the above post Recreant. It does not reflect BL's opinion in any way. Not mine not Blue Light's.

First of all, please be welcome to Blue Light! :)
I'm glad you joined BL and hopefully you'll soon get more appropriate responses for your post.

From my personal experience with benzodiazepines, I think you could use it in small doses and see how you react.
Since you have a doctor who's prescribed them, my suggestion is to initially take as orientated and see how it goes from there.

If you use benzos and you don't have too much tolerance you'll feel relaxed and perhaps you don't need extra amounts.

Last edited:
Hey no harm no foul :)

But yes I have read that certain benzos just don't effect certain people and it truly confuses me, lol. I think I will try to see my doctor about exploring other options for what he can prescribe me. Like I mentioned earlier he has so far prescribed me Clonazepam and obviously Lorazepam, so I wonder how far off I am from getting prescribed Alprazolam.

But yes I have read that certain benzos just don't effect certain people and it truly confuses me, lol. I think I will try to see my doctor about exploring other options for what he can prescribe me. Like I mentioned earlier he has so far prescribed me Clonazepam and obviously Lorazepam, so I wonder how far off I am from getting prescribed Alprazolam.

situations vary i was on buspar which is complete junk and when i asked for another option alprazolam was the first benzo i got
best thing to do is to talk to the doc as they say there is no one pill for all
if for whatever reason lorazepam doesnt work you are entitled to try something else

That can also be part of the problem, you are comparing these things to xanax which is really like the crack of benzos: very heavy, strong euphoria, sedative, anxiolytic, etc...

This is how I look at it In Harry Potter there was that guy Voldemort and he was very evil and made people do really stupid shit (xanax). Anyways we also know that he used horcruxes that he seperated from his body (anxiety, seizure threshold, sedative, muscle relaxant, etc...) so every other benzo (on the US market) does one or two things very well that xanax does. Xanax does it all just doesn't last long.

Lorazepam is the anxiolytic horcrux. I notice it works insanely well when I am having a panic attack which is like weekly. And it does that amazingly well without making me so fucked up I can't do anything else.

Lorazepam has never done much for my anxiety nor has it ever got me high they are pretty useless i would never pay for them only take if they are offered or i can get some from someone elses script

That can also be part of the problem, you are comparing these things to xanax which is really like the crack of benzos: very heavy, strong euphoria, sedative, anxiolytic, etc...

This is how I look at it In Harry Potter there was that guy Voldemort and he was very evil and made people do really stupid shit (xanax). Anyways we also know that he used horcruxes that he seperated from his body (anxiety, seizure threshold, sedative, muscle relaxant, etc...) so every other benzo (on the US market) does one or two things very well that xanax does. Xanax does it all just doesn't last long.

Lorazepam is the anxiolytic horcrux. I notice it works insanely well when I am having a panic attack which is like weekly. And it does that amazingly well without making me so fucked up I can't do anything else.

Totally! I understand completely and I'm sure you're right. I have found Diazepam to be very similar as well, and I enjoy taking them.

Totally! I understand completely and I'm sure you're right. I have found Diazepam to be very similar as well, and I enjoy taking them.

Me too, I actually am RXd it, but if I want to feel true euphoria I have to take a rather large dose, like 30-60 mg. I don't, I only take 7.5 mg a day as I am tapering off for good and switch to just Ativan. I think my PTSD has gotten to the point where I can stop taking daily dosages and just start taking rescue doses when I have a panic attack. The Ativan puts me out too, like xanax. But like I said I think you have to be in a state of extreme duress to really feel it.

I'm not big on benzos but I was given an injection of Ativan in the ER for opiate wds and the nurses were like you better have some one drive you home,it ended up not doing shit.The script they gave me didn't do better(this was 15 years ago,sure they won't give Ativan now for wds).
My wife has a script of xannys and I take .5 mgs from time to time and they hit me much better but don't want to get up in the morning afterwards. If I take more then .5 I become a total dick and have no memory of what I've done.

I love Ativan personally, in therapeutic doses and recreational doses. Tho a lot of people don't like it. I guess everyone is different because I hate Vallium it is very weak to me unless I get into triple digit doses.

I am a daily Benzo user. I need it for sleep because my anxiety keeps me awake at night. I take temazepam 30mg, and xanax .5mg.

Benzos can give you a high, and you can feel euphoria from them, but in the end the downside is pretty terrible. If you consistently take large doses of benzos you will always need that strength and that amount to feel that way, and I know of no doctor that will prescribe those kind of doses.

If you truly have anxiety, or muscle spasms, or insomnia, use them as directed. You can always go back to your doctor and talk about if/how well they are working for you.

People that abuse these drugs make them harder for people that need them to get them. If your goal is to abuse them, you may have better luck on an online pharmacy, or taking a trip to Juarez. That way you get as many as you want to get high on, and you keep patient doctor relations good and keep yourself from getting blacklisted.

Most people would agree that Lorazepam is slightly less stronger than Alprazolam, however it lasts more. When I took recreational dosages of Ativan and Xanax, I noticed that Ativan lasted roughly 2 hours more.

I have tried alprazolam and lorazpeam roughly 10 times, starting first with lorazepam and then alprazolam. I would be curious to re-try lorazepam to see if I have built a tolerance to it, since I feel pretty normal with 1mg or even 1.5mg of Xanax, while 2.5mg of Lorazepam had me pretty fucked up.

Sorry but you have bigger problems than " when will I be upped to Xanax? "
If you are taking 20mg. which is 33% of your prescription in one go????

Maybe you should wanna know " when should I check into rehab? "

STAY SAFE , PEACE

Sorry but you have bigger problems than " when will I be upped to Xanax? "
If you are taking 20mg. which is 33% of your prescription in one go????

Maybe you should wanna know " when should I check into rehab? "

STAY SAFE , PEACE
He didn't ask for advice on his addiction or how to get clean. Preaching isn't really something we do on here for questions like This.

He didn't ask for advice on his addiction or how to get clean. Preaching isn't really something we do on here for questions like This.

Actually that is something we do here. He is not preaching he is simply stating the obvious. No doctor writes that amount of benzo for anybody. At least not in this country, not anymore. So if it is his tolerance that is the issue and he is taking 20 mg at a time, then WD could be deadly as in Grand Mal Seizure. As this is a harm reduction community your statement could not be any more wrong.

That is indeed why I said what I said.

I cannot stop the OP from abusing these. The abuse potential is astronomical. However, I do wish that folks that want to abuse these can find them through clandestine routes because doctors are becoming more wary of prescribing these. People that genuinely need them have a harder time getting them.

If I do not take benzos to sleep I am awake constantly and the nightmares are extremely terrible. I don't want to see the same thing that happened for pain patients happen to insomniacs, people with PTSD, and people with generalized anxiety or panic disorder. In addition to having horrible insomnia, I have OCD. When I get extremely wound up and have a hard time with it, I can take .5mg of xanax to stop myself from having intense thoughts that lead to compulsions. I would hate to have that taken away because this class of drugs has allowed me to recapture some semblance of a normal life.

I also have to say that if the OP needs that dosage to feel something than maybe they should seek some sort of treatment. If you use that dosage constantly you will end up in the worst withdrawal you can ever experience.

Last edited: