• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide..... Seeing if anyone else have this happen...

Methadone is such a hassle and an act of congress to get. I'd have to spend a day or two at clinic getting tested and paperwork then having to go daily. So most prob get back on suboxone.

Be very careful with going back on suboxone. I would occasionally take like 25 mg of loperamide when dopesick and couldn't get opioids. I didn't take it regularly. One time I tried to do a suboxone detox. It had been 32+ hours since last heroin use. I took like 24-28 ish mg of lope during that time. About 8 hours after the lope I took a piece of sub--and went into awful precipitated wd.

I should have gone either way...the lope was working so shouldn't have done sub but I had work and was so lethargic and worried about being sick. You're right about that loperamide lethargy.

But my point is that you can indeed get precip wd from lope. And with your build up of lope and its super long half life, you would probably have to be off lope for a week before even trying a piece of sub.

Have you tried to taper on the lope? Most people can taper fairly easily on it, as they aren't craving it like heroin or oxy or whatever. Can you try dropping even 2 pills per day? Keep it east so you can do it....or try to go to one time per day. The half life is longer than 12 hours as someone above mentioned so twice a day dosing isn't helping ...

you are headed for serious GI problems. ones that make being sluggish a walk in the park. Surgeons ripping your gut apart is going to be no fun and you may never fully recover no matter what you do, it won't be mental anymore it will be physical and irreversible. Many people warned you so don't be surprised or blame anyone but yourself. Once you ruin the shit factory with meds it can be catastrophic. If I was you I would look to stop ASAP. Honestly, I rather smoke 4 packs a cigs a day than do what your doing for a year.

the dosage was mistaken by me first .i did as you, but i heard of a halflife of 92 hours, so it will be working after 5 days.
Now i start just with 10 pills, and raise with 5 until i feel ok again.(Or my shits stop again)
But that takes at least 4 hours.