• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide (Imodium) Megathread v. 2

When i used to take it, I always drank between 500ml and 1 litre of pure white grapefruit juice (cimetidine is prescription only in the uk and so harder to get) and it potentiated the lope well enough to cancel out even fent withdrawls but i never tried it without the WGJ so dont know exactly how much that contributed

I find the less lope I use, that more effective it is? Weird. I usually snort only 2mg to 12mg here and there and it works totally, kind of like a warm glow and a positive mood, sometimes if need be i'l potentiate it with a beer or two. Is this safe to take everyday?

I find the less lope I use, that more effective it is? Weird. I usually snort only 2mg to 12mg here and there and it works totally, kind of like a warm glow and a positive mood, sometimes if need be i'l potentiate it with a beer or two. Is this safe to take everyday?

Opioid + alcohol is never safe as both cause respiratory depression
And loperamide is cardiotoxic in high doses (iirc it causes QT-prolongation), while you take low doses and it shouldn't be bad for your heart I personally wouldn't take it every day

The people who have suffered heart problems were on doses of 300 mg per day or more for long periods (months to years) and the troubles go away when the user stops. Not to diminish the dangers of Loperamide, but taking 20 or 30 mg, even with alcohol, has not sent anybody to the hospital. Also it is an opiate, and therefore addictive and will cause bad to horrible withdrawals depending on the user.

And one of the biggest troubles with Loperamide is that the pills are never larger than 2 mg with a ton of filler. Take 200 mg of Loperamide and you are getting around 5 grams of other crap that will make you feel dirty on the inside. And who knows what that crap will do to your intestines after prolonged use.

I have personally used 100 mg per day for a week and had no problems other than constipation, even with alcohol, tapering down for the following two weeks. It is important to note that I was taking no other drugs, not even tobacco or pot.

Wow SM Im so happy you got off of it! That dose blew me away! You are a walking miracle my friend.

Happy holidays & good job!

Andi

Bad news for me..... Im getting really good at transitioning from oxy to lope and then tapering down w little wds from either. Its a lot easier to want to quit something that keeps getting worse. Not much into quitting when it keeps getting easier.

Bad news for me..... Im getting really good at transitioning from oxy to lope and then tapering down w little wds from either. Its a lot easier to want to quit something that keeps getting worse. Not much into quitting when it keeps getting easier.

Keep at it for long enough and I promise it will get worse pretty son bro

Loperamide and Morphine together?

Hi everyone! This is my first Post on Bluelight. I am SO thankful that I found this site while searching Google for Imodium/Loperamide advice. Ok... I have been opiate-dependent for at least 30 years. I've been prescribed Percs, Tylenol w Codeine, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Fentanyl patches and currently prescribed Morphine...all for my Fibromyalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease, AVN in both hips (2 hip replacements), Bursitis and all over grouchiness. Thanks to the friggin CDC Guidelines (NOT LAWS!!!), my chickenshit Pain Management Dr has cut me back from MSContin 90 mg 2x day to 60 mg 3x day to 30 mg 3x day to fifteen (!!!!!) MGS 3x day!!!!! I'm thought I was gonna DIE!!! (OR strangle the Dr) I read somewhere about Loperamide helping opiate withdrawal. At 15 MGS, I am pretty much ALWAYS in withdrawal! I'm afraid to take a high dosage of Lope, so I have been taking approx. 8 mg, with my measly 15 MGS morphine. My question is:. Am I wasting the morphine by taking Lope? Or do they work in conjunction with each other? I definitely feel better when I combine the two. Any suggestions? PS.. I am trying, unsuccessfully at the moment, to have the Intrathecal Pump which gives you your pain meds automatically without taking pills. Cleveland Clinic might be known for their world class health care but their customer service sucks! I've been given FOUR appts w WRONG DRS! I'm going to try another hospital system in the Greater Cleveland area after New Year's Day. I probably should post this in a Pain Pump thread...is there one?????

Imaging your brain as a parking lot. Oxy drives a little bmw. Morphine drives a little c-class mercedes. Fentanyl has a zippy Honda.
Loperamide drives a 1975 Chevy station wagon thats about 2 feet wider and 8 feet longer than any space in the lot. Every day it parks there it dents the crap out of whoever it parks next to and by the third day hes bringing his friends the giant SUV, 4x4 truck, and every other imaginable giant bucket of rust you can think of to park in the lot. By day three the quick little sports cars are driving through, but not stopping because there are no good spaces left and they are sick of driving through all of the oily puddles. (But at least on day 3 the lot is full and youre not in withdrawl anymore)

Loperamide fills the receptors well enough to stop withdrawls, but it has a very long half life and it totally blocks the effects of other opiates like morphine or oxycodone. These effects can last for up to 8 weeks. This makes it awesome for helping to quit opiates, but terrible to potentiate opiates.

Try plugging your mscontin. The bioavailability is higher when administered rectally. Just know that if you have taken Loperamide for more than a day or two it will likely take several days to leave your body completely.

Never posted here but wanted to share my love experience. I was on suboxone for years and years. Not to stave off other opiates but to avoid the month of hell that occurs when you stop. I finally did recently went through hell 2 weeks into it still flulike and sneezing 7 times in a row. Came across this loperamide idea on the web figured why not. At first you think this is a miracle cure but don't be fooled it's only to bridge between opiates I believe I took enough to take away symptoms which for me was about 30 pills. I did this for about 5 days and was right as rain but then I stopped and 2 days later it was exactly like the beginning of sub withdrawal love of God I had just not only delayed it but reminded a bit of you can do this in moderation for 2 or 3 days max it works but any longer you may as well be on suboxone

Yeah, this shit is no quick detox cure. It is a transitional opiate like methadone or suboxone. Getting off Loperamide is no different than quitting heroin or oxy. The only difference is that you cant get high off it without endangering your heart. I have quit opiates, benzos, alcohol, and now Loperamide. The wds from lope are the longest lasting of them all, and just as painful as opiates.

Hthr1991. Beware lope wds last forever. Up to 8 weeks some have said for the acute wds. My experience switching one opiate for another is that you need to stabilize on the new opiate(bupe) until you are past the acute wds for the old one(lope). Otherwise you feel double crappy wding from lope and bupe together during your taper. Maybe stay on bupe for 8 weeks, then start tapering.
Do remember bupe is also a partial antagonist as well as a partial agonist so clear all full agonists like the loperamide out off your system,or risk prescipitated withdrawals ..about as fun as it sounds;) good luck

Yes I realized on day 3 of wd what I had done with the lope. Then I had to make the choice after megadosing for a week whether to stick out wds or taper lope. I decided to not touch the shit and its day 7 now and body temp issues have subsided and slept for first time last night. Fucking a I can only imagine if I had done that for months bupe or anything else really has nothing on that shit as far as sticking around. I was off the sub for a couple weeks before this lope experience but right before it I started taking assloads of tianeptine every night for 5 days had no experience with it but holy shit stay away from that stuff if you abuse opiates tricylic antidepressant my arse! they sell it across the street from me under dietary supplement at gas station I kid you not 700mg of that shit is as strong as China white it just takes 40 mins to start I was in severe wds after a few days of this shit couldn't make it 5 hours thats when I turned to the lope I have learned these lessons too many good damn times

Quick question, is 6 2mg tablets okay to take daily? It says not to exceed this, but is okay in the long run?

I have taken 120 mg per day for a week, then tapered down to 40 mg over the following 2 weeks. Zero problems except constipation. The real troubles with lope are with your heart beating wrong, and hospitalizations for that came from 300+ mg/day doses. Some as much as 1000 mg dosing to get high.
The biggest problem I have had felt like it came from whatever filler they use to make the pills green. It feels like I drank a gallon soda and ate 5 pounds of choli cheese fries.

How long before taking Loperamide should I wait after using Pantoprazole And Capsules of Pepper I got before taking it? I plan to use it just to help fill the receptors A bit in My body before using my Opioids. I Am not trying to get High on it so what would be A good dose I normally just taking Like 8-12MG of it is that to little or too much for my intended use?

What other ways to make it have more of an effect like using Cimetidine with it but what Inhibits it exactly is it simply just CYP3A4 And CYP2D6 if that's the case using some stronger then cimetidine for Inhibition would work better. Unless nobody knows the exact CYP Inhibitors that are involved in it's metabolism hence Cimetidine use due to it's wide range of CYP Inhibition?

Thomas29- If you have other opioids dont take Loperamide. It will significantly reduce the effects of other opioids.

I just ended almost 3 weeks on Loperamide(ended because I got my oxy script filled :) ). I had tapered from about 150 mg per day on the first couple of days on top of about 300 mg per day of oxy. Two full days overlapping lope and oxy seems to be the magic number to avoid wds completely. The last day I was down to 48 mg lope.
The first week is depressing, mainly because I miss oxy so much. The last 5 or 6 days were just normal life (with no pain relief)
The Loperamide absolutely works for oxy withdrawls. It works for me just the same as shat I have read subs working for others.

I heard a morning disc jockey on the radio in Los Angeles last week reporting that people are using 100x the recommended dose of anti diarrhea medication to get high and to get over opiate wd. The end is near. Stock up now before its locked up next to Sudafed. All because LESS THAN 100 people have died in the last century from abusing Loperamide. Soon we will have to walk down the aisle of $20 gallon-sized bottles of vodka, to wait in line next to a wall of cigarettes and chewing tobacco, in order to show an I.D. for an 8 count blister pack of Immodium.
Its too bad I cant sell regulated medicine on EBay. I could stock up for cheap right now and then resell Loperamide later on EBay and get fing rich. They let you sell OTC meds no problem, but not regulated stuff like Sudafed.
I have a big stash, but Im gonna get more. This stuff is working like a dream helping me deal with opiate wds and then tapering off. I dont even consider that I will even go through wds anymore-because I dont go through wds anymore. I have the pattern down to a science now. Not fun, but not hard. The way I suffered before when I ran out of oxy was horrible. Those bastards at the FDA can kiss my ass.