• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide and withdrawals ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using lope to get me until I can fill my hydro script Sunday. I have a type of chronic arthritis (ankylosing spondylitis), diagnosed at age 11, so I have damage from the inflammation as well as the extreme arthritis pain--that's why I am finally getting pain management help now at age 24. I was using 30 to 40mg of hydro per day, so I'm trying to take only like 8 to 12mg of lope at a time. I am still feeling somewhat shitty, but I don't want to take too much and cause problems with my digestive tract.

I just started training for a job that I'm already loving, and I want to avoid being sick in class. I think I will up my dose before my class in two days--16 to 18mg--it's only 6 hours, so I hope I'll be all good.

I'm very interested to see and feel how this all turns out, but my goal is not to have to do this again by taking my script properly. My spine will eventually fuse from my condition so I cannot fuck up pain management. I've only been getting help since November, so the lope should work real well for my small habit.

I'm using lope to get me until I can fill my hydro script Sunday. I have a type of chronic arthritis (ankylosing spondylitis), diagnosed at age 11, so I have damage from the inflammation as well as the extreme arthritis pain--that's why I am finally getting pain management help now at age 24. I was using 30 to 40mg of hydro per day, so I'm trying to take only like 8 to 12mg of lope at a time. I am still feeling somewhat shitty, but I don't want to take too much and cause problems with my digestive tract.

I just started training for a job that I'm already loving, and I want to avoid being sick in class. I think I will up my dose before my class in two days--16 to 18mg--it's only 6 hours, so I hope I'll be all good.

I'm very interested to see and feel how this all turns out, but my goal is not to have to do this again by taking my script properly. My spine will eventually fuse from my condition so I cannot fuck up pain management. I've only been getting help since November, so the lope should work real well for my small habit.

hey lucy, yeah the lope was a miracle for me at high dosages. I just had a severe kratom reaction amd paying the price . Careful if you try kratom. Some ppl can handle, some like myself absolutely can't.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had a problem, but I took some that I had from when I was using it--did not work at all. I was almost shocked that it didn't help at all. I'm glad to hear you're doing alright, that's gotta be scary. I hope you feel fully recovered soon!! Milk thistle is really great for rejuvenating the liver--it's even used for some mushroom poisoning cases. I'd ask your doctor if you can/could take it, even taking it afterward to help your liver deal with stresses and stuff. Might be worth looking into.

The lope got me through my first class and my first day of training in the store. But today I got all cocky, and thought: I'm only w/ding from a small amount, this shouldn't be a big dea. I don't need to take lope. BIG MISTAKE. I got the yawning, cold sweats, over-heating, skin crawling, all while sitting there. I had to leave class and run into the store (I'm training to be a pharmacy tech, haha) and bought some candy to keep myself from passing out. I guess my blood sugar got really whacked out, or something. The worst part was my arthritis which is already flaring. Luckily, I got my script filled today. I'm feeling really lucky I used the lope, and stupid for thinking that I didn't need it.

Moral of the store: Lope is your friend, he's here to help.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't had a problem, but I took some that I had from when I was using it--did not work at all. I was almost shocked that it didn't help at all. I'm glad to hear you're doing alright, that's gotta be scary. I hope you feel fully recovered soon!! Milk thistle is really great for rejuvenating the liver--it's even used for some mushroom poisoning cases. I'd ask your doctor if you can/could take it, even taking it afterward to help your liver deal with stresses and stuff. Might be worth looking into.

The lope got me through my first class and my first day of training in the store. But today I got all cocky, and thought: I'm only w/ding from a small amount, this shouldn't be a big dea. I don't need to take lope. BIG MISTAKE. I got the yawning, cold sweats, over-heating, skin crawling, all while sitting there. I had to leave class and run into the store (I'm training to be a pharmacy tech, haha) and bought some candy to keep myself from passing out. I guess my blood sugar got really whacked out, or something. The worst part was my arthritis which is already flaring. Luckily, I got my script filled today. I'm feeling really lucky I used the lope, and stupid for thinking that I didn't need it.

Moral of the store: Lope is your friend, he's here to help.

Good to hear you got your script! Good luck with everything. I'm still recovering. Still sweat at night. But better than a few days ago. The itch is the worst.

Loperamide works, totally. It is even better if you take Cimetidine (brand name Tagamet, 800-1000mg 1 hour before dosing the Loperamide)

But remember, Loperamide is an opioid!! So if you take the same amount for a week and not feel withdrawals it's because you are dosing a close to equivalent of what you would do with your drug of choice.

Now what you HAVE to do is taper with Loperamide to have an actual successful detox from opiates all together. For me, personally, what I did was:

(My habit was a gram of BOMB black tar heroin a day, IV)

18~24 hours from my last dose I would take 5 Cimetidine (1000mg) then an hour later 40 Loperamide (80mgs)
Day two: 800mg Cimetidine - 1 hour later - 35 Loperamide (70mgs) plus 1mg xanax*
Day three: 600mg Cimetidine - 1 hour later - 30 Loperamide (60mg) plus 1mg xanax
Day four: 400mg Cimetidine - 1 hour later - 28 Loperamide (56mg) plus .5mg xanax and 600mg Gabapentin
Day five: 200mg Cimetidine - 1 hour later - 25 Loperamide (50mg) plus .5mg xanax and 300mg Gabapentin
Day six: 200mg Cimetidine - 1 hour later - 23 Loperamide (46mg) plus 20mg valium
Day seven: 600mg Cimetidine - 1 hour later - 20 Loperamide (40mg) plus 10mg valium
Etc etc

After the seventh day I just dropped 1 pill a day after the 20 pill mark, keeping my dose of cimetidine between 400-800mg and then tapering those too at the end otherwise you'll have wicked bad acid reflux at the end. Take your comfort meds if you have them as you see fit to help you, I didn't have A LOT so I couldn't dose them as much as I wanted but I smoke weed too and that helped. I was roughly 90% (it got a little more uncomfortable the last couple days taking 5 or less pills but nothing too bad) the whole time and even worked at a restaurant as a food runner so that shows how well it is.

Just the key thing with Loperamide is TAPER. TAPER. and TAPER! You can also become addicted to Loperamide as I did the second time I tried to kick using Loperamide... I would dose my Loperamide in the morning thinking I would have to detox but then something would come up and I would end up scoring. So I ultimately ended up SKY ROCKETING my tolerance and when I wanted to stop the Loperamide and switch back to H, well, I ended up having to shoot .5 grams at a time to just feel okay!! Fucking sucks...

*If you do not have benzos or another NON-opiate comfort med, maybe think about a slower taper dropping 1 - 2 pills a day instead of a jump of 5 like I did, I was lucky enough to have benzos so I did feel SLIGHT discomfort (I felt 90%, I still had some cold sweats/chills and yawn/teary eyes) by dropping so much at a time, but if you do only drop 1 -2 a day you will be, basically, symptom free.

so u people take up to 40 pills at once??? how is that even possible taking 20-40 pills do u just sit there and swallow pill after pill? i can't even imagine how damaging this stuff probably is to the body and doubt this lope shit even works

Loperamide is an opiate that doesn't cross the BBB, so it won't get you "high" (although some people seem to use it recreationally, probably are high metabolisers). It's used to stop diarrhea because it connects to those opi receptors in your gut. It makes sense that it works. In my experience, pretty good, but you would probably need a lot for any substantial habit, which is why they are taking so much. Also, taking 20 to 40 pills would not be the craziest thing that any of us have ever done (at least not in my own experience), and in w/d it is a great option!

Good to hear you got your script! Good luck with everything. I'm still recovering. Still sweat at night. But better than a few days ago. The itch is the worst.

Hi. Just read through your entire post about loperamide and wanted to check and see how you are now. I hope you are well. I'm trying lope, on much smaller dosages, and having a semi-rough time of it. Read up on Kratom but won't be trying it after reading what happened to you. I hope to hear back from you and, again, hope all is okay your way. Your posts were very helpful.

Hi. Just read through your entire post about loperamide and wanted to check and see how you are now. I hope you are well. I'm trying lope, on much smaller dosages, and having a semi-rough time of it. Read up on Kratom but won't be trying it after reading what happened to you. I hope to hear back from you and, again, hope all is okay your way. Your posts were very helpful.

He didn't post in a year, so I doubt he'll reply.
This thread is like a year old, so I'm closing this.
There enough other threads about loperamide in .
If youa question, feel free to PM me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.