• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Looking for tips on quitting Oxy

shandee

Greenlighter
I've been on oxys for a little more than a year now, and I probably average about 45-60mgs per day. I can probably play sick for a couple days, but I am wondering if anybody has got any tips or remedies to help the process. I already know about kratom and it does help take the edge off at times. Just looking for more options.
Thanks.

Good for you to be quitting now, before you have a huge tolerance. Certainly makes it easier. I've never used opioids in a way that would amount to a real habit myself, but someone else can probably give you advice. Remember that Kratom can also be addictive if you overdo it.

You can edit your post to change the thread title to a more descriptive one, I guess something strange happened when you were writing it. I could also move this thread to Sober Living if you want. :)

EDIT: Thread title changed.

Last edited:
I'm moving this to Other Drugs because it will get more replies there. -> OD

Outside of other opiates, there's no magic pill. We all must pay the piper at some point in time.

During the acute physical phase of wd, it'll feel like hell, comfort meds like aleve or tylenol will help a little for your body aches. Warm baths are the biggest reprieve, take as many as you wish. Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.

Now after you get through acute wd, you have to walk through the mental mine field that is post acute wd. For this stage you need mental fortitude, and a strong will to abstain. Boredom will be your enemy here. Stay occupied, do the hobbies or things that occupied your time before your addiction. Work out! This gives you something to do, a goal, and releases much needed endorphins!

Good luck, Hopeless 7nos

Im on day 3 of a similar dose but only a 6 month use. Cold Turkey method. Actually went to work today. Yeah it sucks but I've been through it so many times and recently a methadone detox. A taper would probably make it easier but I've never been able to do that. Have you detoxed from opiates before? Do you have a friend or family member aware of your situation?

I made it 8 days and out of pure stupidity started again. I took Lyrica and benzos and was able to make it through work. I will start my next try shortly but don't think it will be as easy as I am starting to feel withdrawl symptoms I have never did before. Was thinking about tapering but it just seems harder and gives me withdrawl anyway so I might as well go CT. My meds are prescribed about 30-50 daily Roxi and morphine.

Today i I felt my first strong withdrawl symptoms as I take my meds the same time everyday and it hit me hours before. Sweating and an overall getting sick type of feeling until I took 15mg of morphine and 15 mg of Roxi and felt like a million dollars.

I knew I had a problem now I am 100% sure I do. Tough part is I am a CPP so I tried Tramadol at high does stacked throught the day. Made me feel great couldnt believe how well it made me feel. It didn't relieve my pain but I felt so good on it. I guess the SSRI properties, but my tolerance kicked in within 4 days of use now it is useless.

Good luck

gabapentin or pregabalin can help a lot in my opinion. small doses of ativan or valium also help (careful with use). you could try tonic water with quinine for RLS. you could look into the thomas method. as others have said though, you played with fire now you must feel the burn. good luck

Lyrica or gabapentin should become your best friend for the next five days. Then dump it like a new friend that just stole something of value out of your house.

Flexeril, gabapentin or lyrica, and clonidine are what you want. You'll need about 5 days worth of each.