• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

looking for advice on getting of of clonazepam 2mg 6 weeks

I came off 2mg clonazepam after May 1st, I can help you. I came off fast and bared my teeth, because I'd ran out and knew I had to stop.

I had been doing twenty at a time then tapering back to about 2-4mg, every month, doing about 300. It was very silly and they mostly stopped working.

I only had about four tablets left so I took 2mg, split it in half, took 2 x 1mg, split another in half and had 4 x 500mg, and repeated down to about 200 micrograms.

It was a very short and fast taper and you should not do this unless absolutely necessary. But I'd been doing silly doses since covid hit, when I "stocked up". It had to end. And the point is, you can do it.

Just taper slowly, because benzo seizures are disgusting.

Edit: and 6 weeks is a walk in the park, but should not be snubbed either. To stop suddenly would probably = a seizure on day 3 of abstinence. Tapering, this does not happen.
damn yeah i don’t plan on going cold turkey i’m going to taper for 16 days or so, i don’t have much klonopin so substituting in valium with it, i posted the taper schedule above in the comments i think it should be all good

How is your taper going?

Are you at the end of it now, or very close to it?

How is your taper going?

Are you at the end of it now, or very close to it?
hey everything went well thanks for asking but i stretched it out a bit mostly because of issues with sleep, so been on 1.25mg for the last week and before that 2.5mg for a week. do you think its fine to jump? took 2.5mg last night because or insomnia but been consistent otherwise and stuck to the plan

look 6 weeks is nothing!

Try think like that and if your baseline state is so so, meaning it's ok without major anxiety or panic attacks than go with your day and night without any
But if you feel some discomfort
My advice is strange but hear me:
Ativan cause it's half-life is not short and not frickin 50hrs like Valium so it will relax you cause it's been used in hospitals for psychosis and seizures arround the world
it has some sort of different feel and even afterglow!

I just worrry that you stuck with Valium like I did and I was tapering alprazolam with Valium and was a Vaslium slave than I found Ketamine and I CT all of them

i used klonopin around 2mg for 6 weeks and then starting my taper which has lasted now 5 and a half weeks so far, i do have ativan on hand and was wondering the same but would it be fine to just CT the valium for a few days? or would there be risk of seizures. been on a somewhat low dose of 1.25mg for the last week i could try subbing 0.5 ativan but that would be higher than my valium dose and i would be back tracking a little bit i think. yeah ketamine works wonders i also have that on hand but i don’t really like it as much anymore so i probably will avoid the ket