• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Long time tramadol break, Alcohol binge, now tramadol don't work anymore

zenzan

Greenlighter
So basically I was taking around 200mg of tramadol about 1-2 times a week, and effects would last me unusually long like I'd take em and still feel em the next day. so life happened and I had some important exams in another country and whatnot so I decided to stop taking any drugs and clean up (by that time I was taking 3-5 times a week). No withdrawal, but some complaints like being unable to sleep (took valium 1-2 x 10mg) worked like a charm, the opioid shits (loperamide 2 x 2mg once every 2 weeks) and I got better. Good, no more withdrawals!

So, for 4 months I didn't touch any drugs except alcohol (which was new to me, as it's illegal in my country), which I would only drink around 2-3 scotches but I did drink almost daily.
Now exams are done (I passed..YESS) but since I'm back in my home country and alcohol is illegal, so I decided to try tramadol again and thought 100mg would get me stoned now as I have 4 months of a tolerance break (When I started even 50mg would make me high and nod a Lot)

Now, 4 months later, I took 200mg (I got greedy) and felt nothing. Like zilch, nada absolutely nothing. So I took a day off and tried 250mg and there were some effects but no nodding, no general warmth, and none of the glorious sense of well-being and amazing euphoria or anything, just enjoyed my usual smokes more. So the next day I took 400mg (stupid that I was) and 5mg valium only as I knew about the seizure risk but didn't wanna ruin the tramadol high by mixing valium drowsiness and well, it worked. I was nodding, and everything was like I remembered when I used to take 200mg 4 months ago. so yesterday I tried 400mg without valium thinking it was the valium but I got the same high that I used to have with 200mg.

Did alcohol ruin my liver so damn much that I cannot enjoy tramadol at a decent enough dosage anymore? I didn't even drink alcohol that much too, only couple a drinks to unfold often with friends and have a nice nights sleep.
And no, stopping alcohol had no symptoms as well, nor do I crave any alcohol now too so I've definitely not become an alcoholic.

Should I try and get my liver checked out because taking 350-400mg of tramadol seems really like a bad idea even with the valium which ruins the high anyways.
I'm sorry if anyone seems offended by what about to say but I really really hate alcohol now. I'm guessing it got me liver cirrhosis or perhaps depleted or gotten rid of the enzymes needed to turn tramadol into its better self M1 O-desmethylatedtramadol.