• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Long term high tolerance Heroin User - Subs seem to not work?

CantQuiteEverQuit

Greenlighter
Okay, so I know this is a pretty popular topic already. However I'm having a specific issue with Suboxone detox. It always seems to work ok in treatment, but at home, I never feel its working. The subs never kick in. I have been using for a good 4 years this binge....was sober in-between for stretches of 1 month, 1 year, 7 years was the longest. Anyhow...Is the subs not working all mental? I'm a seasoned dope IV user and I know all about subs, been in and out of treatment to get sober 10+ times, done my research. I know to wait until withdraw sets in to take the sub and I know that taking more and more subs is fruitless because of the plateau suboxone reaches in the body (can't fill full receptors), but it's just not working for me and I really am ready to quit now, and I'm scared I'll just get so sick again and it won't help relieve the pain and I'll just say F it.

A small amount of background is that I've been using H IV for about 4 years this time, doing about 8-9 bags in 1 shot, and doing about 6-7 shots in 1 day..its about 1 brick of heroin a day...(50 bags)..give or take a few bags. My habit is big and honestly I don't even get that high even off these amounts...I'm ready to quit...I work 2 jobs, my life is getting better and shooting IV heroin...well it doesn't fit me anymore...I met someone and I love him. He doesn't know I'm using now, but he knows my past...but that's not the point. I'm scared. Can anyone help me with reason this may not be working for me? Am I doing something wrong? I wait til withdrawing, take a whole 8mg sub strip, dissolve it under my tongue and try and relax for an hour and nothing...I'm sweating still...throwing up..cant sit still..not sleeping at all..shitting my brains out...I mean sick sick sick. It can't be precipitated withdraw because I truly wait until I'm about 20-22 hours off (from last use) and feeling pretty bad. I need help. I have 10 (8mg) sub strips...about 6 to 8 Xanax bars (2mg each) 2 (10mg) percs and a handful of k-pins.. I want to get off it with as little withdraw as possible because, like for most H users I'm sure, getting dope-sick for me is a huge trigger to just keep on using H. Please help..

- CantQuiteEverQuit