• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Long term cardiovascular changes from years of stim use?

yoyoman

Bluelighter
I have used a wide variety of stims over the years. 20 years ago started with adderall, Dexedrine, spent a few years on daily 2-fma. I’ve had some breaks inbetween of several years but even used mdphp for a couple years daily as a dex replacement. Also meth on and off.

I notice now whenever I do any stim, even pharma Dexedrine, my heart pounds more especially after eating. Meth seems particularly bad now. Can’t eat a meal beforehand or will have hours of uncomfortable heart pounding.

Years ago, I could eat and stim and not really notice it. So I’m wondering if the stims caught up with me and did some damage to heart or cardio system. Or maybe I’m just out of shape?

The older I get the more the side effects increase with way less of a mental focus benefit.

But if I take a low dose of a benzo with meth or other things it will somehow totally kill the cardio side effects.

I have a heart/cardio stress test coming up next month wondering if anyone else has had any confirmed cardio damage from stims? I was going to ask them if there’s a way to test or scan everything to check. Maybe clogged arteries would cause such extreme side effects after stims?

From what ive seen amphetamines arent as bad n the heart as coke but thats not saying very much. most drug users i know have fucked up hearts from coke but then again alot of them also abuse alcohol along with it which makes it alot worse. But i do know of older meth users so if you actually got your heart checked out like i did for a coke seizure you should be fine. Im the only 1 in my family without heart problems actuslly lol

L-Citrilline (found in watermelon) is a POTENT vasodilator and increasing nitric oxide
L-Arginine (same as above but less effective bioavailability & absorption)
Taurine 1,000mg X 3 daily (heart health and cardiovascular benefits)
Garlic (Allicin) Potent vasodilator and cardiovascular & heart benefits
Fish Oil / omega 3 (cardiovascular and heart health)
Magnesium Bisglycinate 200mg before night time

Lots of water and mild cardiovascular excercise…..just a 30min brisk walk around the block

These things actually work and help

You can get a Clonidine 0.1mg script for an emergency situation if you get heart chest pain or anxiety/ high blood pressure