• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Long term benzo use - alcohol safe or no?

300THB

Bluelighter
So i have been on Lorazepam every day for the last year 2mg at night was my normal dosage. Then i tried to come off and entered benzo withdrawal. Now im back on 2mg a day and stabilized on that. But i now take the 2mg split into 2 daily dosages of 1mg each time.

I was invited to a stag night out in 4 weeks time but from what i can tell i should not drink any alcohol whatsoever on 2mg Lorazepam a day right?

I have been on some pretty wild drinking sessions when i was taking my 2mg at night but it just doesn't sound a good idea to drink after taking Lorazepam that same day.

So even with a nice tolerance to benzos and dependency what would likely happen if i gone on this night out and drunk alcohol?

I have only ever gone out drinking with cocaine and alcohol when on benzos, and i assume this balances things out quite a bit? but to use just alcohol while taking benzos daily sounds a really bad idea? and im not particularly in the mood to use cocaine as i have been clean for months and i wouldn't consider myself to be 100% stable at the minute lol 8)

I would try to skip your dose the night you go out. Combining cns depressent can cause respiratory depression. Not too mention it will increase lack of memory and blackout chances.

You're thinking that cocaine is somehow more safe adding to the mix is disturbing. Alcohol and cocaine is far more dangerous together than either alone. I hope in the future whatever decisions you make you at least become informed enough to know what youre risking. As far as benzos and alcohol it's not a good idea at all. If you decide to drink then skip the benzos for that day and keep it for the inevitable hangover. You also run the danger of screwing up you benzo tolerance level so you may get some withdrawals even on the 2 mg if you start messing with both substances.

Combining cns depressent can cause respiratory depression. Not too mention it will increase lack of memory and blackout chances.
This
Even though you have a tolerance you shouldn't combine them, maybe 1-2 beers, but that should be it, it's not worth the risk of blacking out, doing something really stupid/endangering yourself and others/waking up in the hospital/in a cell

And combining alcohol, benzos and cocaine is even worth, because you don't feel the depressant effects as much, but cocaine won't help you with respiratory depression etc.