• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel Locations you want to visit

I used to work for a company that sent me to work in Frankfurt for several months. I had a company car Mercedes and a Eurrail pass and I'd go all over Europe on weekends. I have 0 interest in visiting any cities, but I'd like to go scuba diving anyplace on a reef with crystal clear, warm water at least 1 more time.

Norðurljósavegur, Iceland

blue-Lagoon-post-2.jpg

South Korea, Australia, Japan, Norway, New Zealand, Russia...I REALLY want to learn Korean and Russian, but to become relatively fluent, you have to live in the countries awhile. (I learned German in 6 months by living in Hamburg (Eppendorf) and I still have that accent)

My wife's arse.

But she's going through the menopause so all I get is "get off me, I'm fuckin boiling..." :rolleyes:

Jordan and Australia are definitely at the top of my list of places to visit. My wife has relations in both countries who I'd like to meet and who would let us stay with them free of charge. Wandering the streets of Amman and Melbourne, visiting Petra and Uluru, floating in the Dead Sea and South Pacific... all sounds good to me.

More realistically in the short term, I want to take a trip to Mexico. A whole branch of my dad's side has lived there since the early 1900s, mostly in Mexico City, but I've only ever met one of them who was my grandfather's age. Some of my cousins have run a taqueria there for 50+ years, kind of a famous late-night place (with a cool name about owls).

I went to Istanbul about 10 years ago and had a great time. But I realized that it was largely due to the fact that I went with a native Turkish speaker, who grew up in the city and still had parents there still living there. It made me more interested in going to places where I had some kind of connection, though that limits things.