• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Liver damage?

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Does heroin cause any kind of liver damage?

I used to do snort 10 > 20mg once week but after a few months I believe it was beginning to affect my liver. My alcohol tolerance dropped off a cliff. Two beers would make me nauseated and sick and I'd throw up. Xanax would wire me up instead of calm me. Small doses of GHB was just making me dizzy and sick. I wasn't mixing the H with any of these drugs either. After stopping all H this problem slowly went away. Is this normal for H to mess with how other drugs affect you or is this a symptom of liver damage? Can't find any info on heroin directly causing liver problems apart from when using dirty needles.

Last edited:
Heroin isn't particularly hard on the liver. Generally speaking damage to the liver from heroin abuse is seen in those who inject it, and in those cases its not so much the drug itself but the issues associated with IV drug use in general.

Nope ; pure opiates (unlike alcohol) are not cell toxins. They do not adversely affect any of your organs.

This could be seen in the so-called 'classic morphinists' who, despite often decades of continuous use, displayed no particular physical afflictions other than those congruent with their age and general state of health.
If you're experiencing liver problems it's due to something your drug is cut / contaminated with ; or some other health issue.