• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Libido problem solved with GHB?

Steven325

Bluelighter
First of all I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, apologies in advance.

A friend of mine has a heavily reduced libido after using an anti depressant for a while, named Paxil

He suffers from Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction – PSSD, and has barely any feeling.

He used it for about a year, not a very high dosage. While on medication he had issues but this seems to be normal. A few days after quitting he suffered from extreme premature ejaculation, after that any feeling just went away.

He stopped over a year ago with the medication but problems persist.

Now the weird thing is, and we really can't find any info anywhere since it's pretty rare, when using GHB the problems go away, he has full feeling and gets horny like a normal person. This makes me think it's a psychological problem, or GHB is a magic solution for this specific problem. We both don't have much knowledge however, and doctors don't really help much as they don't know a lot about GHB or drugs in general.

Some help/info would be greatly appreciated!

GHB stimulates libido like nothing else ive tried thats for sure..does your buddy just have low sex drive or erectile dysfunction?Ghb will definitely boost sex drive but not sure about ED..i dont think anyone knows how or why Ghb is such a potent aphrodisiac but it truly is..i doubt u would get much help from a doctor about the use of ghb, just scare tactics..

i dont know much about post SSRI sex dysfunction but ghb will only be a temporary aid, not a cure..might want to have your friend consult a urologist or have his testosterone levels checked.. sex drive and ability can be a very complicated matter..

I do not know of any specific cause for GHB to be useful for targeting your friend's condition, however it is well known to:

Increase erectile capacity,
Increase tactile sensations,
Decrease anxiety and inhibitions

• Many believe it works a lot like alcohol by binding to the GABA-b receptor. Unlike Alcohol, GHB also binds to its own specific receptor site called the "GHB receptor"
  • This leads it to have a inhibiting effect on dopamine, however it also has a releasing effect (which is a bit more complicated)
  • It has depressant effects which lead to lowering of blood pressure and vasodilation.

if you ever wanted to take an AD, kind of like an SNRI (it's a tetracyclic). remeron. it sucked for me but it made me so god damn fucking horny.

i was/am going through a break up, all the shit it gave me, the amount it drove my sex drive up WAS INSANE. there were times where i thought getting my girlfriend back would be good for my sex drive, lmao.

never tried ghb.

Does this happen with alcohol too? Maybe it's "performance anxiety".