• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Libido and Benzos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainfucked

Bluelighter
I’ve posted a couple times about my low libido. I’ve been like this for 5 years. Tried a few things but have never been free from anxiety for the whole 5 years so I’m thinking if I address the anxiety issue then my other problems might disappear. I have testosterone enanthate 300 coming in the mail im going to try that next for the libido but not much hope for it helping anxiety. I have been prescribed mirtazepine from my doctor but haven’t picked it up yet. I found a few people saying it’s destroyed their sex drive and even after stopping the mirtazepine for months it still didn’t return so it has scared me off a little. I’ve been told to try Benzos before the mirtazepine such as Klonopin or something. What do you bluelighters think? Any replies will be greatly appreciated thank you

Mirtazapine fucks with you in many different ways although from what I remember of it when I had a script, one of its few benefits is that it doesn't kill your libido unlike SSRIs and SNRIs.

As for clonazepam, I am scripted it for anxiety and for me it is a far better medication in terms of effectiveness and side effects. It works better and doesn't make me sleep for 12 hours and feel like a zonked out zombie all day long.

I have found that the more sedating benzos like alprazolam have fucked with my libido while I was on them with a low tolerance though. This isn't a problem now my tolerance is higher, I spent a weekend with my girlfriend recently getting fucked up on ketamine and four different benzos and I performed just fine, but keep your dose low when you start out to avoid the sedation making you too sleepy to be in the mood.

This is just good general advice for therapeutic benzo use anyway. Start with the lowest effective dose that treats your anxiety. No need to use high doses if your anxiety is managed at a low dose. Last thing you want is to develop a tolerance for no reason. I have one because I've been using benzos for almost a decade. And even now, 1-2mg clonazepam is still adequate to treat GAD, although I do find myself needing something more "hard hitting" like alprazolam for comedowns or panic attacks, but even then 0.5-1mg is perfectly fine there too. I only use higher doses on the odd weekend for a bit of fun. Vast majority of the time I stick to therapeutic doses.

Man I just moved your thread ia day ago maybe n the Mental Health sections, you effectivly made the same exact post. I'm gonna close this, please don't do this anymore, if it will be needed we'll move the thread back from Mental Health if you want more responses, but refrain from spamming, thank you! stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.