EMD Lets Talk Trance - The New and Official Trance Discussions Thread

Afrojack, trance? am I missing something :s

Anyway I've only been listening to trance for the past 3 years or so. But I'm finding all the new trance is boring and stale, don't get me wrong there are some killer tracks and artists coming up. (Arty...jesus where the fuck did he come from? he's using FL studio ffs!) I do find that new trance is slowing down alot more, 132bpm and such. I miss the old school 140bpm!..even though I never experienced it :p maybe it's jsut the lack of MDMA? haha

Some favorite tracks of mine.

Old school.
Quench - Dreams
BBE - Seven Days and One Week
Armin Van Buuren - Blue Fear
Tiesto - Traffic
Veracocha - Carte Blanche
Freefall feat. Jan Johnston - Skydive
System F feat. Armin Van Buuren - Exhale
Kai Trancid - Trance and Acid
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme

Fav Producers and DJ's as of right now would have to be;
Markus Schulz
Armin Van Buuren (you can't deny his excellence in mixing and holding the audience in the palm of his hand)
Sander Van Doorn (I have been dissappointed in his last 2 or so tracks though.)
W&W (OMG totally regretting I didn't see them a few weeks ago...FML)
Cosmic Gate (always <3)
Ferry Corsten

There's so much more but If I start changing the list, I won't stop lol.

Last edited:
This is a new track Ferry Corsten played at edc orlando this past weekend :)

Nadia Ali, Starkillers & Alex Kenji - Pressure (Alesso Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU88c0f5-h0

yeahh!!! it sounded pretty sick live :)

Cerf, Mitiska & Jaren - Another World (Shogun Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z8zTD83K9w
lyrics <3333333
Turn down the radio, turn down the radio Lets let this silence tell us where to go Listen with heart and soul, listen heart and soul Like I should have done so many years ago I live in a stereo, live in a stereo Now that I journey with an open soul And all of the letting go, all of the letting go Is necessary for my healing heart to grow Oh oh what a feeling I’m alive and wild and About to fly through the ceiling To another world to another world

Last edited:
Podcasts:
Trance Around The World with Above & Beyond
International Departures with Myon & Shane 54
The Gareth Emery Podcasts
Air Up There with Tritonal

Producers:
4 Strings
Above & Beyond
Activa
Adam K & Soha
Aly & Fila
Andy Moor
Arty
Boom Jinx
Cosmic Gate
Daniel Kandi
Dash Berlin
Duderstadt
Estiva
Ferry Corsten
Filo & Peri
First State
Gareth Emery
Kyau & Albert
Lange
Maor Levi
Mat Zo
Michael Cassette
Mike Koglin
Myon & Shane 54
Nitrous Oxide
OceanLab
Rank 1
Ronski Speed
Sander Van Doorn
Sunny Lax
Super8 & Tab
Tritonal

^ nice list :)...i also listen to international departures a bit to noisy for my taste but still great upcoming djs , they are top 100 . iv been downloading more of the ferry corstens countdown pretty good he always play new tracks
lots of good tracks that have been posted on this thread old school and some new stuff ..

Ive recently started listening to:
Euphonic Sessions with Kyau & Albert
Marcus Schossow - Tone Diary

Im definately into the newer stuff more.

^ you should also check out Filo & Peri Big Room Sound .. they are also pretty good , and if your a sucker for vocal trance SonnyDeejay Vocal Trance he also has super string ... i think podcasts are amazing its the only way to keep updated with the newest tracks and promotions

Can someone please tell me why nobody ever plays old Tiesto classics like Traffic and Flight 643 at events?

Especially Armin at Armin Only...he Dj'd for a very long time and played new and old But he decided not to put those classics in. Never heard them at an event...and I want to!

Can someone please tell me why nobody ever plays old Tiesto classics like Traffic and Flight 643 at events?

Especially Armin at Armin Only...he Dj'd for a very long time and played new and old But he decided not to put those classics in. Never heard them at an event...and I want to!

well tiesto gave up on trance a while ago , he is now more commercial then trance , i have never head armin play ANY tiesto track and iv seen him a few times live . it would have to be tiesto that plays his oldschool tracks and it WOULD be nice for him to go back to his roots and play some damn good music ! tiesto has fazzed away into the world of commercial music

if you wanna hear some good tiesto mixing you can buy the In Search Of Sunrises they are AMAZING and very popular

Jamming The Orange Theme at home =)

Any other classics I probably won't know about that I should?