EMD Lets Talk Trance - The New and Official Trance Discussions Thread

This thread reminded me of a lot of tracks I've completely forgotten about. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. At lot of the new trance sounds soul-less and generic to me and the gems are becoming increasingly harder to find so I tend to get very frustrated and listen to something else.

I'm posting this track because when I used to live with my mom back in the day I used to have all my dj equipment set up in our dining room. Crates and crates of vinyl all over the house and instead of complaining, mom encouraged me because she knew I loved music. Anyway, when I used to mix she would sit there bobbing her head, doing her crossward puzzles lol. This was her favorite trance track so this always makes me think of her. She passed away 4 years ago and every time I hear this song it makes me straight up cry my eyes out. My mom was a cool/hip lady and she obviously had good taste in music because PVD is one of the Godfathers of trance : )

The song below was the first trance song that got me interested in the genre. At 0:51 when that part came in I was just blown away. It hit even harder at the time because there was a massive lightning storm outside at the time and it made the experience truly special.

Last edited:
Dec 5 - Ferry Corsten, Darude, Alex Kunnari, Tom Fall
Dec 6 - Arty, ATB, Orkidea

Def trying to his this up :)

^ Holy fuck what a tune! Why have I not heard it before?! :D'

Edit: Now I remember it, Tom Fall dropped it at Summer Sound.

Best of trance

What about you list you best trance so we can go at youtube and see if you got some good stuff like I have.

See this page to list content of a directory, it's what I did to do this 2 list here. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=353308

Here What I have found so far :

[HD] Paul van Dyk - For An Angel.mp3
666 - Supa-Dupa-Fly.mp3
Armin - Communication (Original Mix).mp3
BT - Flaming June (Original Video).mp3
Chicane - Saltwater.mp3
Gouryella - Tenshi (Official Video).mp3
Mr. Phillips - 7th Day.mp3
Rank 1 - Airwave (Official video).mp3
Robert Miles - Children.mp3
System F - Out Of The Blue (Original Extended).mp3
Tiesto - Adagio For Strings.mp3
Veracocha - Carte Blanche.mp3

This is from the album TrancePlant, the best of it:
Airwave - Above the sky (original mix) HD.1080p.mp3
Plastic Boy - Twixt (Original Mix).360p.mp3
Push - Universal Nation (Original 12" Mix).720p.mp3
Stephen Parker - D-Mention.360p.mp3
V-ONE_ Dead Cities.480p.mp3

Dont Be Afraid (Club Dub Mix) - Terra Firma

the melody of this song was stuck on repeat in my head for DAYS n i couldnt remember what it was called or where i saved it. dont u hate it when that happens? not like you can google for a melody, lol. finally found it today hiding out in the open in a playlist called 'trance' of all places, typical! @ 1:20ish my body breaks out in goosebumps. i love the lyrics!!!

its been such a long time since i felt this way
its been such a long tiiiiiiime

when i saw you
i did not expect to feel this way
for anyone again

there was something in your eyes that brought me closer to the feeling i remember

do you remember how it feels to feel so highhhhhhhhhhhhh
i got that feeling when i look at you, i see it in your eyes, in your eyyyyees
do you wanna go someplace
do you wanna be somewhere else with me
do you wanna go someplace
far from here
i can take you
i can show you
i can be your inspiration for whatever you need
i can give it to you
just follow me

dont be afraid to love
dont be afraid to feel for me

i cant live my life without you now that i know that you're the one

I need a track ID...female vocal trance from years ago. Can't find (what I think are) the lyrics on google. Something like "found it in the sun" "never looking"

I know not much, but anyone?

Whether I'm rolling, toking, or drinking this song has to be played and it ends up on loop :D

Nothing like seeing the sun rise post rave, this song makes it that much more enjoyable (specifically this remix).

An old one but a classic none the less. Definitely in my top 10 list of best trance releases ever

Did you guys listen to A State of Trance top 20 for 2012? I was surprised at how few of the tracks I even recognised, but I do agree that the number one track is a good one.

NSFW:
20. Markus Schulz feat. Ana Diaz – Nothing Without Me (Original Mix) – 2876 points : 845 votes
19. Simon O’Shine – Your Distant World (Original Mix) – 2940 points : 842 votes
18. Aligator feat. Daniel Kandi & Julie Rugaard – The Perfect Match (Club Mix) – 2986 points : 896 votes
17. Tenishia – Where Do We Begin (Andrew Rayel Remix) – 3250 points : 1071 votes
16. W&W – Moscow (Original Mix) – 3261 points : 1119 votes
15. Armin Van Buuren – We Are Here to Make Some Noise (Extended Mix) – 3318 points : 1189 votes
14. Jorn van Deynhoven – Headliner (Original Mix) – 3424 points : 1045 votes
13. Solarstone & Clare Stagg – The Spell (Solarstone Pure Mix) – 3668 points : 1100 votes
12. Ferry Corsten vs. Armin van Buuren – Brute (Armin’s Illegal Drum Edit) – 3753 points : 1347 votes
11. Paul van Dyk feat. Plumb – I Don’t Deserve You (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix) – 3755 points : 1254 votes
10. Andrew Rayel – 550 Senta (Aether Mix) – 4389 points : 1245 votes
09. W&W – Invasion (Club Mix) – 4617 points : 1643 votes
08. Aly & Fila meet Roger Shah feat. Adrina Thorpe – Perfect Love (Original Mix) – 5822 points : 1679 votes
07. Andrew Rayel – Aeon Of Revenge (Original Mix) – 6028 points : 1797 votes
06. Armin van Buuren feat. Ana Criado – Suddenly Summer (Original Mix) – 6445 points : 2254 votes
05. Andrew Rayel feat. Jano – How Do I Know (Club Mix) – 7382 points : 2229 votes
04. Armin van Buuren pres. Gaia – J’ai Envie De Toi (Original Mix) – 8171 points : 2505 votes
03. Omnia feat. Ira – The Fusion (Original Mix) – 13569 points : 3728 votes
02. Armin Van Buuren feat. Ana Criado – I’ll Listen (Original Mix) – 14480 points : 4523 votes
01. Gareth Emery feat. Christina Novelli – Concrete Angel (Original Mix)

Reverie, Reverie <- love this track

Agree with these:
W&W – Moscow (Original Mix)
Armin Van Buuren – We Are Here to Make Some Noise (Extended Mix)
Ferry Corsten vs. Armin van Buuren – Brute (Armin’s Illegal Drum Edit)
W&W – Invasion (Club Mix)
Aly & Fila meet Roger Shah feat. Adrina Thorpe – Perfect Love (Original Mix)
Andrew Rayel – Aeon Of Revenge (Original Mix)

Feel that these remixes should replace the originals on the list:
Armin van Buuren feat. Ana Criado – Suddenly Summer (Norin & Rad Remix)
Armin van Buuren pres. Gaia – J’ai Envie De Toi (Tom Fall Remix)
Armin Van Buuren feat. Ana Criado – I’ll Listen (John O'Callaghan Dark Mix)
Gareth Emery feat. Christina Novelli – Concrete Angel (Aly & Fila Remix)

All the others Im indifferent about/havent heard before.

End of Year Countdown 2012 - Aly & Fila

End of Year Countdown 2012 - W&W

End of Year Countdown 2012 - Jochen Miller

End of Year Countdown 2012 - Richard Durand