• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Let's talk lsd and movies!

(I haven't dropped acid in about a half year and probably won't for a while because I'm pretty sure I abused it)

i dont think im down with horrers even when im not tripping lmao, but seriously what makes you think you abused it did you suffer any negative effects or did it just lose its 'magic'? Want to avoid that as much as possibld

for sure, if you like the marvel universe, which is like ours but more entertaining.

I just came to say I really like Blade Runner: The Director's Cut. Favorite film on or off acid, just fantastic :)

I've said this before in similar threads - so i apologise for repeating myself - but i find watching movies too passive an activity to engage in while tripping.
On the peak, anyway.
I like watching light-hearted things as the trip plateaus out a bit and my mind starts feeling exhausted.

Yellow Submarine is a favourite...
Some nice (if a bit sappy/childlike - which isn't always a bad thing when you're loaded on acid - and those harmonies!), trippy animations, full of heady goodness ;)

I'm currently watching Mr Robot stoned. Weed is better for movies/series in my experience.

With acid I avoid any kind of screen, with an exception for really trippy stuff such as:

Pink Floyd live at Pompeii
2001 - Space Odyssey

Or you can go combo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKBGP1Ej6Y

^It's not a great film to be honest. Watched the original Tron the other week and was quite bored by it. It's cheesy though, so if you want a laugh... go ahead?

Big Lebowski = Number 1 for comedy and good vibes.
Mind fuck = Blade Runner
Visual and Mind Fuck = 2001 A Space Odyssey
FunTimes + Weird Vibes = Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas
Dead Man with Johnny Depp = slow but awesome.

I Generally watch movies when coming down but have been in throws and still had fun, you'd do better to actually enjoy your trip with music when really fucked out, but thats just my personal opinion. Music and psychs are pie and ice cream, movies are just a side dish of distracting potatoes when your flyin.

Is it just me or can anyone else just not handle violence on acid? The most violent thing I've ever done on acid (besides fist fighting my best friend and a police officer, long story) was play black ops 3 and I felt really sad when I killed people but somehow enjoyed it a lot. I literally just wanted to explore the maps without killing people. I made it a game to basically watch people without them seeing me and I only killed in self defense Lol. Enter the void fucked me up. But I have to recommend courage the cowardly dog, rick and morty (if you're feeling adventurous), and feel good movies you've seen before.

Since we're already veering into TV...
A friend and I each are 7-8 hits of some unperforated white on white. After spending the peak listening to music and talking and laughing under the night sky, we headed inside and spent the next few hourscwstching the entire series of Jon Benjamin Has A Van.

Holy shit man. That show was made for trippers. I was utterly convinced at the time that it contained many purposeful and valuable lessons about tripping, how to handle bad trips, and how to relate to people living completely different lives from myself in a compassionate way. Oh, and it's hilarious as well.

My friend and I were both completely enraptured by this show. We were both tired at the end but after a few episodes we both felt that it had to be completed all in this one sitting. Sadly it has disappeared from Hulu which is where we streamed it from and apparently does not exist on DVD or blu-ray.

I ate a tab of reportedly 170ug stuff, not sure it is though, about 35 mins ago and decided to go with 2001 A Space Odyssey because it has been recommended to me by a few people. Best go anyway, starting to take hold.

My first real LSD trip we tried to watch the Beatles Magical Mystery Tour but the trip came on very strong and it became more and more difficult to follow along (although that is the case with this movie when you are sober). A recent 2C-E trip we watched the Ken Kesey move, Magic Trip, and as the 2C-E came on it became more and more difficult to pay attention. I attended Episode IV at the theater on Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, that must have been 18 years ago...that was ok. I remember being a little restless and sick...though that tends to happen with those seeds anyway.

All in all, I don't think I really care for watching TV or the movies when tripping. My mind likes to wander too much. I'd rather stare at the sky and let my mind make the movie.

When I first started using acid back in high school I had just got a PS4 when it first was released. At the time the console didn't have many games out. The few games I did have were great when I was tripping. Although I must say I did have some weird blotter acid. I say weird because the trip would only last 4 hours yet had all the traditional effects of the type of LSD I get now, which is way stronger. Anyway so the games I would play during these four hours were Infamous Second Son and Battlefield 4. I found Infamous extremely intriguing while I was tripping the visuals I got playing that were totally wicked! When I would play Battlefield I would feel so immersed that I would feel as if I were really in the actual game. I would be terrified of dying and I would be dodging bullets while sitting on my couch as if they were actually coming for me! By far one of the most enjoyable trips I had were playing those games. As of late I've stumbled on Overwatch and the Battlefield 1 beta while tripping and they made for enjoyable experiences.

Now for movies... I want to say I never been able to enjoy movies while of psyc's but I do recall myself coming home late from a rave and watching The Devil (Diabel) 1972 by Andrzej Zulawski. That film is very far out and I can only recommend watching it if you aren't the easiest to scare.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I tripped shit and watched the Lego movie a few hours and omg that was amazing. Definitely a perfect movie for tripping

Best movie on LSD? Here's my enjoyable flick.

Finding Nemo

I can't watch a movie on a good dose of LSD, dont know why..
I think like 70ug it's just enought for me to get that little spark of what its LSD and get into the movie..
MY fav to watch movies and dont get so confuse its 2c-b..

Movies I had enjoyed are..
* Enter the void.
* 2001 Space oddyse
* Waking life
* Mr Nobody
* The science of sleep

And then this animation films that are spectacular:
* Spirited Away
* The wind rises
* The Cat Returns
* Paprika

And I want to mention something that it's not a movie, but had give me that incredible Light and meaning in a nice trip (this once I saw it on a LSD+K and make it soooooooooo incredible) Pulse from pink floyd.