• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Legit Vivitrol questions, HALP

Juturna37

Greenlighter
Hi im currently on Vivitrol, been for 32 days. It "should" be almost worn out by now but i am a Heroin addict and wanted to make sure. It doesn't seem even almost out. This is my first Vivitrol shot ive ever had so i don't think that the Naltrexone should be built up like as if i was taking the naltrexone pills everyday or if i have had multiple shots. I wanted to ask if by anyone else's experience can tell me how much time you had to wait for the Vivitrol to be out of your system, i know how long its supposed to be out is 28 days. ive lurked forums again and again to find some credible answers from people with experience but nothing seems satisfactory. Another question is that if i were to hypothetically keep using while "on" vivitrol to see if the effects of it were wearing off, could i get dope sick even though the vivitrol is still working blocking my opiod receptors?

please help if you have the information at your displosal

Thank you

Please halp

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to bluelight. i'm going to move your thread.

homeless -> basic drug discussion

If this is your first one and its been 32 days you should be able to feel most if not all of the opiate effects. I have been on the shot for over a year and over the holiday I didn't get my scheduled shot, so by the time I got it again it had been almost 40 days and still didn't really feel much. Though on day 26 of my first few shots I could feel most of the effects during the end of the third week... You should be able to get the effects you want!

How can you say "it doesn't seem even almost out", when you're having heroin cravings? That means that the naltrexone is probably entirely out of your system, since you're having cravings. Plus, naltrexone's half-life is around 48 hours. The vivitrol shot (from my understanding) - is a controlled release of naltrexone into your system for 30 days. I think you will be fine... Wait another 5 days if you feel off about it though, go with your gut on this one - as we all know, ODing with H while on vivitrol is VERY easy to do.

vivitrol can block anywhere from 22 days to 32, and perhaps even longer... it all depends on your personal chemistry.
Still though, you definitely should be able to at least FEEL your dose at day 32 no matter what, I'd say you'd most likely feel all of it.

It does beg the question of why you are on vivitrol at all... but I'll leave that one alone not knowing your circumstances.
Still though, maybe being on it isn't such a bad idea? Ya' know?

Just sayin

Me too!

Hi im currently on Vivitrol, been for 32 days. It "should" be almost worn out by now but i am a Heroin addict and wanted to make sure. It doesn't seem even almost out. This is my first Vivitrol shot ive ever had so i don't think that the Naltrexone should be built up like as if i was taking the naltrexone pills everyday or if i have had multiple shots. I wanted to ask if by anyone else's experience can tell me how much time you had to wait for the Vivitrol to be out of your system, i know how long its supposed to be out is 28 days. ive lurked forums again and again to find some credible answers from people with experience but nothing seems satisfactory. Another question is that if i were to hypothetically keep using while "on" vivitrol to see if the effects of it were wearing off, could i get dope sick even though the vivitrol is still working blocking my opiod receptors?

please help if you have the information at your displosal

Thank you

Please halp
I have been on vivitrol for 33 days and am not able to get any relief from the pain pills I have to take for as torn rotator cuff that I will be having surgery on very soon, so I think it stays in your system a lot longer than indicated!

I had a vivitrol shot 33 days ago and still have absolutely no effect from the pain meds I need to take for my torn rotator cuff that I will be having surgery on very soon! I feel your pain, frustrated here!

When does Vivitrol Wear off?

I know that these posts are old and I can't find anything current. I have been on Vivitrol for 35 days (first shot) with no intention of getting another one. It has NOT worn off! I'm starting to wonder if it ever will. I was in the ER and there was absolutely nothing they could give me for pain. I have seen a few people comment that there is an alternative narcotic that they can use in the ER but that is just not true. Doctors will NOT try to over ride the shot so you are pretty much out of luck. They sent me home with percocet and there is no pain relief whatsoever.

I was given Vivitrol for Alcohol abuse and I have to say that I haven't had any major cravings nor have I tried to drink on it so not sure if it blocks any alcohol effects. I was ready to quit alcohol and I think that is the only reason I haven't had any cravings.

Good Luck to all those on this journey of recovery!
mimi