Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legality of Nitrous Oxide

Macee

Bluelighter
Just wondering if there are any restrictions on this molecule.

I know you can buy food grade chargers, so I'd assume N2O is legal. Does that mean a tank of N2O is also completely legal for someone without a prescription? (not sourcing, just wondering on the legality)

Medical nitrous is a schedule 4 drug. Industrial tanks are probably filled with contaminants as they have lesser quality standards to adhere to.

I'd imagine that having a tank of n20 in your possional is a damn site more dangerous that a few boxes - or even cartons of nitrous bulbs.
Many stories of people passing out wilst still stucking on the hose - or even more foolish, emptying a tank into a confined space (such as a car) and dying.
For their conventional "food grade" purpose, nangs are all you need; anaesthetising oneself may seem like good kicks, but you're just as likely to kick the bucket if you push it too far.
As most things go, however, legality and availability vary from place to place.
Be careful though; i think the safety profile of nitrous oxide is overestimated.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide

See legalitys in that link provided above.

I also read to get a tank of nos filled you need to be a regiatered caterer or an authorised dentist. Although some mates of mine had a tank once and they had no link to dentistry or catering. Wonder how they got it. Probably did a dodgy.

Pretty sure you need a license to legally have tanks. I remember the good ol' days where you didn't need a license to have bottles of C02 and then licensing became a requirement. So for something like nitrous which obviously has a greater likelihood of misuse attached to it I would expect some sort of license arrangement. Probably a good thing.

I usually tell Raj at the Kwikimart that we are throwing a party and want to fill a kiddy pool with whipped cream for the strippers to wrestle in.

9/10 times he asks for an invite

If ever one needed to know that you're a bit of a wanker...well, the proof's in the nang machine.

A mate had a grand opening of their surgery with DJ decks and the local mayor hooked up to the nitrous tank

that stripper wrestling in whipped cream joke is olddd, i remember thinking about using that if they asked for an excuse when i was first buying nangs like 3-4 years ago

Yeah you cant buy nitrous tanks without some kind of certification that you have a good reason for having the tank.

I hear years ago at underground raves and before there were such tight regulations for everything and anything people used to buy tanks and sell balloons for a few dollars. That would have been awesome!

I just get bulbs and borrow a dispenser off someone. You can make dispensers too but im not all that confident with tools. If you use it enough its well worth buying a dispenser. Im going to get one asap coz I use psychedelics a fair bit and nitrous is made for Psychs & MDMA. Bulbs are cheap as chips and a whipped cream dispenser is well worth the money if you party enough. Inviting friends back to your house after a big night on the Psychs/MDxx(any other drugs just make a waste of the nos, nos DOES NOT ENHANCE METH!!! lol) often creates amazing memories and makes for a very fun time, sometimes better than the actual night out!