• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Large pieces of skin falling out of inside of nose

Relapz

Bluelighter
Well I just blew my nose and a large piece from the side of my right nostril came with it. It is a pretty discouraging sight.. I've been a long time internasal user of cocaine, suboxone and heroin.

Is there anything I can do about this? Should I be concerned? I'm 40 days sober now and it just started happening

Define "long time"

you could be on your way to a perforated septum tbh. Best to get it checked out by an ENT doctor.

Sounds like a piece of your septum. If accompanied by blood or bloody noses, see a doctor immediately. If not, still make an appointment. Congratulations on 40 days clean! It sucks how it seems like once we decide to get sober, the wreckage of our past seems to finally catch up to us to discourage/scare/distract. Keep it up, though.

You probably have burnt your mucus membrane during your use and it is now scabbing over (healing), this can come out like fatty bloody lumps or if you sniff hard you may feel something hit the back of your throat (gross I know).

If it continues seek help.

This can be reduces by using a saline nasal wash or douche after a binge (not for you but for anyone reading).

Define "long time"

you could be on your way to a perforated septum tbh. Best to get it checked out by an ENT doctor.

My guess as well. This sort of thing is pretty typical, unfortunately.

yeah, its basically a portent of things to come if you keep going at this pace
fyi collapsed nostrils and deviated septums suck