• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Large margin for error, please help!

BL Fan

Greenlighter
Hello,

I've been a long time anonymous viewer and fan to BL. I've finally found a question I can't seem to answer safely. So I've finally registered.

Background:

I have a low tolerance to opiates. Occasionally using them maybe 1-2 times a year, if that, and at super low doses. The max dose I've used is equivalent to three M365's over the course of four hours or so, Or one Oxycontin 10mg once (boy was that a surprise)

I am an explorer of sorts, and love to try new things. I have a Bunavail 6.3mg/1mg and would like to feel some effects without throwing up due to my almost nil tolerance. I found some information on one of the threads on BL stating a recreational dose for buprenorphine is approx. .25 to 1.0mg MAX.

How can I tell which number out of the 6.3/1 is the number I would like to divide into the .25-1.0mg? Additionally due to the bio-availablity, Bunavail (it's a film) is apparently twice as strong as Suboxone? If that is the case, how should I divide this strip. I fear quarters will be too strong, and perhaps even sixteenths as well.

If my question wasn't clear enough. How much of a 6.3mg/1mg Bunavail strip would be equivalent to a recreational dose for someone with a low opiate tolerance? I'm not trying to fly to the moon and get sick, but simply bask in it's glow. :D

Please help this adventurer.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, and thank you for your time and help. :)

Last edited:
I'll move this to BDD, because that's typically where dosage questions are supposed to go. Keep in mind that it'll be much much better to dose too low than too high. If you take too little, you can always take more another time, but if you take too much, there's really no going back

http://prescription-drug.addictionblog.org/is-bunavail-like-suboxone/

Just one easy Google search found this. If you can't do that on your own you should not experiment with bupe. It is very potent, has caused 2 year old to die of an overdose on an 8mg suboxone, and the form you have is supposed to be stronger than the strongest suboxone and probably can't be divided evenly and should not even be considered to use in any other manner especially iv.

@tacodude

I too came across that page but must have overlooked it. Thank you for the information.

So a 6.3mg/1mg Bunavail would double up to be approx 12.6mg/2mg Suboxone. So if i'm doing the math properly and would like to start a safe trip with a .25mg dose I would need to somehow take a fiftyth of this medication?

If someone would like to tell me if that is correct or how one would go about figuring out how to get 1/50th of a strip to take it as intended via buccal mucosa. Should I consider upping the dose for the sake of making easier to measure and cut the film? I was shooting for the lowest recreational dose. Maybe I was aiming too low?

I'm only trying to reach a recreational dose of approx .25mg to .75mg ideally. 1mg, would also be acceptable, I just don't want to end up puking like some of the people on Erowid.

Thanks

Last edited:
1mg is way too much with no tolerance IMO.
Please be really careful, and avoid if you're not sure.
Taking too much bupe will fuck you up for 48+ hrs potentially
Not fun..

If i were to cut it into 12 pieces and cut one of those in half so that it would a 1/24th of a strip. That would be approx the equivalent of .52mg (if doubling the Bunavail by two as indicated by the website provided) of regular Suboxone.

Would that still be too much? Something tells me that I'm going to need an exacto-knife and a microscope to dose any lower.