Lana Del Rey

first impressions?

i haven’t had a chance to listen to it without other people in the room. currently, my favorite song that was not released as a single is “How to disappear.” the heavy compressor gives it a touch of bizarre. lana’s vocals are phenomenal even when she’s not belting out the lyrics.

Last edited:
the release of mxpr and Norman Fucking Rockwell line up nicely. the metallic production notes along with her soothing voice pair well with this plastic drug.

She’s goddamned beautiful isn’t she?
That voice 😍😍😍

I listen to Ride and Born to die on repeat still today.

I don't know what took me so long to discover her, but I'm glad I did. Her music is so ethereal that it takes me to a whole other world.

I think that I first heard of her because she was one of the people who worked on the 2015 documentary "Hi, How Are You?" about the late great Daniel Johnston.

The fact that I think she's absolutely gorgeous doesn't hurt either ;)

Happy Listening!!!
Dreamflyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Honeymoon is underrted. Very high standard deviation on quality (imo) but like 40% of the tracks are anthems.

She just fetishizes abuse in a way that is completely transferrable to addiction. Talked to a post doc about her and he said "she has a black heart."

I really dug Honeymoon for its production. I have listened to Norman Fucking R*ckwell once and honestly crave the lounge maximalism. Can anybody sell me on that album?