• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

L S D: Is there anything else like it?

LSD and DMT are categorically different things. One need not choose what is superior unless the choice made is the combination of the two :D

Xorkoth said:
I have been told that DPT can be a lot like LSD. However in reading reports I don't get the impression it is. I haven't tried DPT yet personally.

At low doses its sort of like LSD, in terms of mind games. Up the dose a bit and the resemblance goes...

I found the visuals of DPT to be somewhat close to LSD visuals. Although the latter are almost constantly changing, each trip they are different for me.

Gaian Planes said:
There is nothing like LSD. You need search no further than this wonderous chemical. It is the deepest psychedelic and most powerful psychotropic compound known to man.

^this.
The only one that's even came close was 2C-E. It was still lacking something.
All the other psychedelics are like a collection of the finest musical instruments. LSD is those same instruments in symphony.

Sometimes I wish the duration of LSD was shorter, and that you hit the peak faster. Ideally, in my perfect world (not that LSD isn't perfect already), it would be about 30 minutes after dosing I'd be peaking, 3 hours of glorious plateau and then an hour of come down. 8 hours sometimes is just too damn long, so I won't trip very often.

I've never experienced a drug that is anything like LSD overall...some psychedelics may seem alike, but there is nothing that can compare with the sheer awesomeness of LSD

inotocracy said:
Sometimes I wish the duration of LSD was shorter, and that you hit the peak faster. Ideally, in my perfect world (not that LSD isn't perfect already), it would be about 30 minutes after dosing I'd be peaking, 3 hours of glorious plateau and then an hour of come down. 8 hours sometimes is just too damn long, so I won't trip very often.

yeah, sometimes I find myself thinking, when is this going to end? and then I think, WILL it ever end?? but I don't let it freak me out, with acid you gotta stay cool

inotocracy said:

In a way, thats a good thing. LSD has a kind of anti-addiction function built-in; duration. If you could be up and down in a simple 4 hours, tripping could easily become really commonplace. Thats my issue with things like 2C-D or 4-HO-DiPT; they are brief and don't linger, an one can be tempted to use them more as 'drugs' then "medicines". Theres good and bad in that. More bad I think?

my experience with 2c-e (15mg) was similar to a relatively high level acid trip, both visually and mentally.

swilow said:
In a way, thats a good thing. LSD has a kind of anti-addiction function built-in; duration. If you could be up and down in a simple 4 hours, tripping could easily become really commonplace. Thats my issue with things like 2C-D or 4-HO-DiPT; they are brief and don't linger, an one can be tempted to use them more as 'drugs' then "medicines". Theres good and bad in that. More bad I think?

I totally agree, although there may be some good in shorter acting psychedelics, the overall idea is more of a bad one. Most people, myself included, never want to drop acid several days in a row, it would just be too draining and intense...now if acid only lasted 3-4 hours I would be tempted to drop again the next day without worrying about the consequences...

well put swilow

inotocracy said:

Well LSM pretty much fills your requirements, so the next step is you find someone who'll make it (OK the first step in this plan is the biggie!) since most people in that position (having knowledge & some source of lysergic acid) will inevitably plump for LSD production, even though LSM is still 1/3rd the potency of acid and more importantly, not controlled

PS If by any chance you do, don't forget who put you on the right path ;) =D

No, there is nothing else like LSD, just like there is nothing else like uranium 35 aka, "U-35"...."oh but there's man made platonium"....not the same sorry.
LSD is definately my #1 favorite and preferable psychedelic ever (once i started getting pure shit), DMT aside and pure readily available mescaline aside.....still, LSD is like "the GROOVY" drug to me.....if you get the good shit that is.

IME 2C-E comes closest, but that's still pretty far from LSD. LSD just has a certain sparkle to it that nothing else even approaches.

Would any of these recommendations interact adversely with a daily 10MG Diazepam regiment? All input is and has beenhighly appreciated. The prospective of a paralleled perspective, is enticingly exciting.

Psychedelics & low dose diazepam are OK to use together IMO.

If you take your benzo daily then its fine to combine the two. The only way I could see a Diazepam regimen messing with a psychedelic is if you were to skip your Diazepam dose on the day you drop.

Just take your Diazepam as normal and take your psychedelic whenever you want to trip through the day. Start with a normal dose. It is possible that the diazepam will dampen the effects of your psych a little, but it might not as well, so start with a typical starting dose and work from there. =)

Good luck!

swilow said:

Very true, I rarely dose and usually the reason is the duration.. and I've got an addictive personality so its probably a good thing for me. I've dosed twice this year so far, very far apart. One was at home and the other was at a lake when I knew I had nothing to do for the entire day.

fastandbulbous said:
Well LSM pretty much fills your requirements, so the next step is you find someone who'll make it (OK the first step in this plan is the biggie!) since most people in that position (having knowledge & some source of lysergic acid) will inevitably plump for LSD production, even though LSM is still 1/3rd the potency of acid and more importantly, not controlled

PS If by any chance you do, don't forget who put you on the right path ;) =D

=D honestly though, I love LSD. I wouldn't really want to search out another "similar" drug (even though I probably have a good chance at getting my hands on some ;)). I'm still and probably always will be amazed by the mindspace and the experience LSD can give you. The duration is just part of the trip.. who knows how I'd feel about it if the duration was cut short. Maybe I wouldn't value it as much? Never know.