• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

L-Lysine Feed Grade Vs. Human Grade

ketquest

Bluelighter
Hi there guys. I have been searching google to get a good deal on L-lysine (mine is running low), I came across ajinomoto L-lysine, package says "animal consumption" but also says 99% l-lysine. I mean, isn't that ridiculous? If it is pure l-lysine, then it is pure l-lysine, what is the difference between feed grade and human grade? A molecule is a molecule, same thing if someone tries to sell human H2O and feed grade H2O or O2, isn' t that just marketing?

Anyways, I can get a very big bag of this lysine for cheap. What do you guys think? Here is the product

http://www.lysine.com/en/products/l-lysine.aspx

not sure but the first thing i notice is that somehow you got 99%: i read 98.5% in description and
MW: 182.65
As L-Lysine, at least 78.8% pure
in SDS
?
Can I ask why and how you use this product?
Thanks

Hi there my friend! Yeah I just rounded it up. What is MW?

Here are some benefits of it:

But the reason I started using was to prevent cold sores from flaring up, and it works. I take 1g per day.

I think that the "feed grade" stamp is just because the product must be handled and stored not following strict hygiene laws or something like that, but the substance is the same thing.

Last edited:
What is MW?
It was a copy/paste out of safety data sheet dropdown. Mean-weight; possibly?
Was curious as I take 500mg with evening meals and it would seem it does help bring me further "down" than just the meal alone. Seeing if l-lysine can actually help reduce some of this stress. haha I think it works.
Thanks for replying and the inserted link to info. It went a little more in depth than what I initially read on the substance.

So far haven't found anything on difference between human and animal grade.

Last edited: