• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

L-Arginine can make peptic ulcer

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
I got a bad abdominal pain today its been around 10 hours didn't get better unless i don't eat anything,i wasn't sure it is from l-arginine till i saw a forum that someone said he had this problem with l-arginine,unfortunately he didn't tell what happened to him,he did go to the emergency but they didn't help and a doctor gave him pepcid he got better but after awhile didn't treated i had stomach ulcer couple months ago,and it was a little different but i know how it is and these symtoms i see is pretty much the same. last night i opened a capsule of L-arginine to see whats inside and today i took that opened capsule with empty stomach.no one told me it is an acid substance,although i saw on the bottle of the pill it is written that its a hydrochloride form of it but i didn't think it is that much powerful in acidity.i tasted it last night and it did a little burn my tounge but still i didn't think it is that much dangerous.
i was thinking i needed to buy a dry form of l-arginine,but it was too late.i will try the dry form of it after i got better.i took Lanzoprazole(an antiacid medication) and my pain got better.i have the plan to continue using this medication for 1 month andsee if it gets better.if not i continue another month.last time i had peptic ulcer it took 2 months to heal.(2022-12-23)
it seems it happens to very few people (link)
and seems to only happen in case of liquid form of it.

Ouch. Sorry to hear about all that. Yeah I've never heard of these side effects from L-Arginine, so thanks for sharing. Maybe some tums or prilosec could also help. Just a thought. If it gets too bad.