• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Krokodil vs Desomorphine

X11400

Bluelighter
Which drug or concoction is worse for an organism to ingest? I remember seeing acetone as one of the active ingredients of krokodil, however I’m skeptical of the toxicity of acetone even when I consider the compounded CNS depression of both acetone and opioids.

Krokodil is most accurately used as a term to describe the incredibly crude desomorphine product produced by red phosphorous/iodine reaction (Nagai reduction) on codeine. The hegative destructive effects to human tissue are no doubt a mixture of symptoms resulting from toxic phosphorous/iodine species present (some phosphorus compounds cause bone toxicity, hydrogen iodide present is a nasty acid, presumably there might be phosphine or phosphorous triiodide too... nasty)

Desomorphine is the primary active alkaloid in the mixture. When isolated on its own, as a pure alkaloid, it's Just Another Opioid with nothing unusual about its toxicology.

Krokodil is most accurately used as a term to describe the incredibly crude desomorphine product produced by red phosphorous/iodine reaction (Nagai reduction) on codeine. The hegative destructive effects to human tissue are no doubt a mixture of symptoms resulting from toxic phosphorous/iodine species present (some phosphorus compounds cause bone toxicity, hydrogen iodide present is a nasty acid, presumably there might be phosphine or phosphorous triiodide too... nasty)

Desomorphine is the primary active alkaloid in the mixture. When isolated on its own, as a pure alkaloid, it's Just Another Opioid with nothing unusual about its toxicology.
And then there’s classical acetone. Anesthetic as well as excellent organic solvent.

I don't see how that's relevant. Acetone was never used as an anesthetic either to my knowledge.

As I understand it the solvent used in krokodil synthesis is naptha or other petroleum.

I don't see how that's relevant. Acetone was never used as an anesthetic either to my knowledge.

As I understand it the solvent used in krokodil synthesis is naptha or other petroleum.
Would you rather use heroin laced with fentanyl or krokodil?

It was used by me as an anesthetic after my liver metabolized isopropanol into a ketone using certain enzymes. 👍🏽

Will there be a way to clean the mixture and separate the desomorphine? And consuming desomorphine for another ROA, such as oral, smoked, or does it only work IV?

Will there be a way to clean the mixture and separate the desomorphine? And consuming desomorphine for another ROA, such as oral, smoked, or does it only work IV?
Well assuming we’re talking about “Krokodil” then I’m sure it would work, however the problem is that there are impurities which can be toxic to the human body when inhaled.

There are indeed ways to seperate the desomorphine from other muck produced in the street route, If you had a well equiped lab it wouldn't be much of an issue. Acid/base extraction , crystallization, possibly column chromatography.

And consuming desomorphine for another ROA, such as oral, smoked, or does it only work IV?
There's no reason to believe it wouldn't be active every way you'd expect for a drug, oral, smoked, etc. After all desomorphine is juat snother opioid. Its closest relative is something like levorphanol, for reference.

The problems with krokodil are caused by using dirty impure ingredients such as petrol instead of say toluene and a lack of filtration & purification procedures and on top of this they mix promethazine in with it which is dangerous to i.v. as that alone can cause limb damage and necrosis.
ppl have needed to have arms amputated after i.v.ing promethazine so imagine all three of these factors combined over years of multiple times a day injections and that's why there so fukd up from it.the drug itself (desomorphine) is really just another pharmaceutical op8 that wouldn't do anything resembling the damage done by street krokodil if it was purified.

Somewhere around the Czech republic is starting to see ppl with phossy jaw
caused by crudely made meth which is then used without going through the purification process thus leaving red phosphorus and shit in it.one guy kept using it until his jaw needed to be amputated.there mixing red phosphorus and iodine and psuedoephedrine and cooking it then just boiling it down to a syrup and taking that.no extraction or purification.its like the amphetamine equivalent of krokodil.

If you gonna use krokodil you might as well get a violin spider to bite you repeatedly and watch your flesh rot away.