• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom. What am i doing wrong? No effect!

Tifftifco2

Bluelighter
Hi, I researched kratom quite a lot and bought some from a reputable supplier. I got the red md type as I am a heavy opiate user of dihydrocodeine and codeine aswell as gabapentin which have little effect on me now. So I started today with a teaspoon full and felt nothing so an hour later had half teaspoon and again nothing, so an got later another half teaspoon and apart from wanting to fall asleep I felt nothing. The only thing it did was take away withdrawal symptoms which is good but I'm still craving the euphoria from the opiates so have reverted to my dihydrocodeine for this evening. Any advice please on how I get that euphoria feeling from the red md or do I need a different strain? I'm disheartened tonight. My liver is inflamed and I have colitis and fibromyalgia so I wanted to try the kratom to have a break from the prescription drugs! Any advise greatly appreciated I dont want to be harming myself either by taking too much. Thanks

I was disappointed with the effects of Kratom also.

I also suffer with chronic pain and must use opiates daily.

I guess we should consider it good that it does help the withdrawal symptoms.

Maybe we chronic pain patients just do not get anymore than that out of Kratom.

Before you write it off as ineffective try this, dissolve 4-7 grams of turmeric and 1-2 grams of black pepper in a few ozs of warm water then dilute with the same amount of orange juice, drink at most one hr and at least 15 min before dosing Kratom. When you do dose the Kratom dissolve it in warm water and once dissolved dilute with equal amount of OJ and drink quickly, tweak the amount of liquids so that you can get it down in a few gulps and make sure you haven’t eaten 2 hrs before. What doses of opiates are you used to?
I also recommend getting a scale and weighing your Kratom/other herbs, there are other things that make Kratom shine a lil brighter but turmeric and black pepper combos before dosing and 1-2 grams of cayenne (yes it will light you up but is worth it imho) are the best.

Thanks, I usually take 240mg dihydrocodeine + 180mg codeine and 900mg gabapentin at once. I think I have some turmeric and I definitely have black pepper and OJ. Does black seed oil help it at all? I've got quite a lot left of the kratom so definitely not giving up on it yet.

I was disappointed with the effects of Kratom also.

I also suffer with chronic pain and must use opiates daily.

I guess we should consider it good that it does help the withdrawal symptoms.

Maybe we chronic pain patients just do not get anymore than that out of Kratom.

It's a shame isn't it. I tried so hard to get some as I'm in the UK and had really high expectations but like you say at least it's not a complete waste of time. Very disappointed though so far.

I’ve never tried black seed oil but I have seen many people sing it’s praises. I’ve also been mixing my morning krat dose with coffee and have had success, magnesium helps to prevent tolerance and I’m fairly sure coffee has magnesium. Either way their is a nice synergy.

You said you're a heavy user of other opiates. Those doses are quite low, a teaspoon is about 2 to 2.5 grams depending on how fine the powder is. You might need more like 3 teaspoons at once to get high. But as far as the high goes, it's likely to be underwhelming fro you, it is not as nice as other opiates.

You said you're a heavy user of other opiates. Those doses are quite low, a teaspoon is about 2 to 2.5 grams depending on how fine the powder is. You might need more like 3 teaspoons at once to get high. But as far as the high goes, it's likely to be underwhelming fro you, it is not as nice as other opiates.

Ah right ok! That's good to know! I thought a teaspoon was like 5g! And that my opiate use was high so thanks for both bits of info! I'll try 2 see how that feels!

I’ve never tried black seed oil but I have seen many people sing it’s praises. I’ve also been mixing my morning krat dose with coffee and have had success, magnesium helps to prevent tolerance and I’m fairly sure coffee has magnesium. Either way their is a nice synergy.

Thanks, I have some black seed oil and I have some magnesium supplements so I'll give them both a shot!

Red maeng da is fantastic, but I think you may be under dosing. Also, if the product is old, it won't be as effective, which usually applies to packages sitting around a head shop for months and never being sold.

A heaping teaspoon should be about 2.5 grams as stated above. If I were you, I'd double that and see what happens. Make sure you take kratom on an empty stomach.

Red maeng da is fantastic, but I think you may be under dosing. Also, if the product is old, it won't be as effective, which usually applies to packages sitting around a head shop for months and never being sold.

A heaping teaspoon should be about 2.5 grams as stated above. If I were you, I'd double that and see what happens. Make sure you take kratom on an empty stomach.

Thanks! Will double up as I've only been doing one heaped teaspoon! The taste though 🤮 makes me want to throw up!

Yeah, it is pretty freaking awful. I recently switched to capsules because I just can't stand the taste.

Try taking it with milk, it seems to go down smoother.

I also made a drink with it. Milk, sugar and cinnamon mixed together really well with my kratom. You'll have to stir the shit out of it.

I'm really interested in trying Kratom to help withdrawal from a heafty opiate habbit. What/where did you get your Kratom from, and what strains would you recommend for helping with withdrawal? Any help would be great. Forgot to say I'm in the U.K

I get it from a head shop but the shop is in a area with a large opiate using/abusing population and nothing sits on the shelf long so you can all but assure it’s fresh, you can however find better, as well as worse, deals online. I like red Bali but all red strains will help and be closest to traditional opiates. A mix of red Bali or Malay and maeng da is quite nice for a nice painkilling and simultaneously relaxing, energizing effect. Look for a product with lab certification by batch and clearly labeled alkaloid content.

Do you guys think this stuff would hold off withdrawals from 75-90 mg MS Contin a day?
Or no way?

Yeah, it is pretty freaking awful. I recently switched to capsules because I just can't stand the taste.

Try taking it with milk, it seems to go down smoother.

I also made a drink with it. Milk, sugar and cinnamon mixed together really well with my kratom. You'll have to stir the shit out of it.
I also dose mine with milk I use a caped glass bottle with a good shaking to the bottle and let it set 15 20 min shake and pound... I also have a lil tolerance I do like half oz more or less...

Sewerslide, how long you been on Kratom? What was your history before and do you dose that half oz all at once?

I got the red md ... apart from wanting to fall asleep I felt nothing.
... do I need a different strain?
Reds tend to lay me back and just kinda melt me to a sofa or something akin.
Try a green maeng da or similar as these can be more energetic, mood boosting and pain reduction. Just my experience.
Do not expect much in regards to euphoric bliss... just asking too much, IMO.
The main "high" for me is the pain reduction but it is damn effective at keeping many a WDs away.
:)