• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc kratom wd vs other?

scuba0095

Bluelighter
anyone here have experience with kratom wd? how would you compare it to other opiates? How bad do you think it is? just say using about 5 teaspoons of bali daily for a few months?

It feels like classic opiate withdrawal. Insomnia, bodily discomfort, irritated skin, depression and anxiety. In general it is less severe than other opiates - but that all depends on the dose.

If you're taking 5 teaspoons of bali a day you will probably feel pretty bad for two to three days, but luckily the withdrawals always seem to have mostly passed by day four.

Try taking 15mg of loperamide every day during the withdrawal. It will help a lot.

^if this is true, can you explain what other neurotransmitters are being activated by kratom that are not by say hydrocodone? From my understanding the vast majority of the effects from kratom are produced by mu agonism (so there will be some cross-tolerance with all mu agonists) and weak norepinephrine activity which I can't imagine would produce hardly any withdrawal effects. I could be wrong so if you have more information, I'd appreciate it.

In my experienced with bali kratom, 5 teaspoons (which is right about 5 grams) is only equivalent to about 20 or 25mg of hydrocodone so while you may feel a little uncomfortable for 2-3 days, I don't think you're facing FULL BLOWN withdrawals as I'm sure you've heard about.

I think loperamide is a good suggestion but 15mg for the doses you're taking might be a little excessive, I'd start around half of that and titrate up 1 pill every 30-60min if its insufficient.

Is there a reason you can't taper the kratom to avoid w/d?

Well, I can only speak for myself but after using most days for a month or so I found the w/d really nothing to worry about.A bit of insomnia, a certain restlessness and general irritability but, really, not as bad as the acute withdrawal after 10 days of H use. And it really doesn't last long at all. I'd say the worst is over in 2-3 days.

I was using kratom pretty much daily for 3-4 years, at least 10g a day, usually 20-40g a day, often more.

The Withdrawals were pretty fucking bad, tbh. Really surprisingly bad restlessness and RLS, eyes cosntantly watering, aching in my body, major depression and I was still feeling the constant lethargy/yawning/eyes watering at nights on day 10 of the w/d's.

I was surprised by how bad they were, tbh. But I was using it excessively. 5g a day for a few months will not give you anything really to worry about. Taper by a half gram a day, you should be ok.

Granted I haven't gotten into a kratom addiction, but I admittedly have been abusing it lately. ~15-20g for a day for a couple weeks, and on the final day of my little run I did a huge 30g dose and at that point it's not too enjoyable anymore. I felt like shit, nauseous as all hell, couldn't do anything but lay down. As I was in bed under the covers, I decided this is the last time I take kratom, at least for a while.

The next 2 to 3 days after I stopped weren't very fun. Lots of depression, anxiety, fatigue, cold sweats, nausea and appetite loss. I was confused as to why I'd get withdrawal symptoms from such a small "habit", so yesterday I decided to just give it a shot, and I took 10g kratom. I couldn't keep it down for long, I threw it up shortly after I felt it kick in (this is common). However, when it kicked in, 100% of my symptoms disappeared, and actually haven't returned since. It's been just under 24 hours now.

This was cake compared to the pod withdrawals I got.

I find that tapering or reducing my dose by ~1g/day is generally sufficient for an easy ride out of Kratom withdrawal. You will likely get some of the classic symptoms of opiate withdrawal, but less severe and some perhaps not at all (I don't get the sour stomach or even the shits). My withdrawal generally peaks at day 3 and resolves after day 5; day six I usually wake up without any further physical symptoms. I generally get the urge to use again after 10 days and after 30 days, so I watch my self during those time I want to stay abstinent.

Daily kratom user for years here and 20+ year opiod addict.

Kratom withdrawal isn't fun, but it's no NEARLY as bad as withdrawal from heroin or oxycodone. Withdrawing from an IV dope habit or heavy OC habit is utterly debilitating- you truly can't function. Nausea, extreme anxiety, diarrhea, stomach cramping, full body pain - it's like the worst case of influenza you ever had while having food poisoning plus a 7 day panic attack.

Kratom withdrawal is more like having a week long cold while also being depressed. The restless legs are bad, but not nearly as bad as with a hard opiod habit. The mental aspect (cravings for more) are probably the strongest part.

Put it this way - I can cold turkey from kratom and make it to work for a few days. People might think I look sick, and I'll be in a rotten mood, but I'll get by.
When I stepped off of a big OC habit, ain't no way I was going to work. Or anywhere else quite honeslty, except maybe the hospital.