• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom to help oxycodone withdrawals?

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
Does kratom work at all to ease withdrawals? I feel like if it did I would have heard about it, but it's worth asking. Has anyone out there ever experiment with this? If so, do share :)

This could have easily be answered by using the search function ;)

Depends on your former dosage and tolerance but yes, generally Kratom helps due to its opioid properties. I only tried it with Buprenorphine and it eliminates nearly every symptom.
So how much Oxy did you use per day?

For more: Just search...

Yes, it will work very well infact. Ideally you want to switch to the kratom and taper off it in a short term period before you develope a kratom addiction.

If you do use Kratom to help remember don't use it too often or you will switch one drug for another trust me shit will ensue but yeah I understand withdrawal is horrid and when you need to use the kratom your best bet is a taper schedule for it and after your done good luck friend I hope you quit the OxyCottin

-Streetcow

I was in the same boat and I said fuck it and ordered some kratom and while it did keep physical wd away it didn't do much for the mental side of wd, in fact It made me crave a "real" opiod like crazy. It made me feel very strange and nauseated and I had to eat about 10-12 grams just to kill the physical symptoms. At the time I was taking about 45-60mg of oxy ir a day orally. It wasn't really worth it for ime/IMO. It worked if u were a day or 2 short on your script but for me it definitly wasn't a long term solution. I hope this helps a little, good luck!

I was in the same boat and I said fuck it and ordered some kratom and while it did keep physical wd away it didn't do much for the mental side of wd, in fact It made me crave a "real" opiod like crazy. It made me feel very strange and nauseated and I had to eat about 10-12 grams just to kill the physical symptoms. At the time I was taking about 45-60mg of oxy ir a day orally. It wasn't really worth it for ime/IMO. It worked if u were a day or 2 short on your script but for me it definitly wasn't a long term solution. I hope this helps a little, good luck!

U get a red vein?

I'm not really sure but I think so, I told the dude I needed something sedating and I was using it instead of oxy and made a recommendation and I bought what he said was best for my situation. It was more expensive but dude seemed to know his shit so I took his advice, I think it was Bali red vein if I'm not mistaken...

If you do use Kratom to help remember don't use it too often or you will switch one drug for another trust me shit will ensue but yeah I understand withdrawal is horrid and when you need to use the kratom your best bet is a taper schedule for it and after your done good luck friend I hope you quit the OxyCottin

-Streetcow

Of course! many people will substitute one addiction for another during or after recovery process so I´ve experienced.
I understand kratom may be much more mild but you'll keep your brain receptors tuned on in a rewarding system that defines addiction in very simple words. Meaning you could be destined to become addicted and creating a cycle of recovery and relapse.