• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom taper/reduction/quitting

Red Betuangie
Had 1/4 key of it and it lasted forever. Sedating to the point of not wanting to be bothered and attitude if I was. LOLOLOL Used it when I felt anxious and sleeping was elusive.
Edit: My bad... it was Chocolate Betuangie; probably the same.
There are obvious withdrawal symptoms with a huge psychological component to it.
I went off for ~2 months and didn't notice much in the way of WDs. It was 5-7g a day (low in mosts opinion) for a couple years so maybe that had something to do with it. First couple days I felt "off" but attributed this to changing habits or something akin.
I agree that kratom has a wide "spectrum" of effect and if the chems/alkaloids in kratom were high-dosed for a while there may in fact be significant readjustment. I love my kratom too but do know that the "higher" we go the farther we have to come down. I go for short flights and stay at treetop level. ?

Last edited:
Man I really fucked up my taper schedule this week. I’m back up to 25grams a day. That insomnia bull shit gets me every time. Hope everyone is doing ok

Man I really fucked up my taper schedule this week. I’m back up to 25grams a day. That insomnia bull shit gets me every time. Hope everyone is doing ok

You'll make it back to plan, ai'm sure.
I'm still at my constant dose. Going to allow myself a bit of a two day binge on the weekend, a friend is coning by. Shouldn't be a problem, I suppose, been stable at my current dose for months and am going to stick to it after the weekend again.

Every time I get below 10grams it starts acting like a stimulant again, ugh there’s always tomorrow

Every time I get below 10grams it starts acting like a stimulant again, ugh there’s always tomorrow

Sorta depends on the strain for me. I get the stimulatory effects from a low dose of green but a (colder) sedation from it with higher doses. Don't really get that much stimulation from even low dose red kratom, though.

Holy cowabunga dude. 10 grams is enough to possibly make me vomit without having been taking it for days on end all day long to build a tolerance up.

Ive said it before and ill say it again, black seed oil capsules will allow you to reduce your dose faster and more comfortably. Black seed oil works particularly well for getting off of kratom, as it overlaps with the calcium channel blocking properties of kratom and has some opiate receptor modulating properties. Really reduces the withdrawal symptoms between doses.

I’m at 25 grams right now. I did mean go down 5 grams every 3rd day.
Negrogesic, really black seed oil capsules? I will definitely give it a try. I’m desperate to get off kratom entirely. The withdrawals are getting worse, and it’s getting harder and harder to choke down that stuff.
Kratom was such a godsend, when I used it to come off heroin. Now I’m hopelessly enslaved to it

Well my wife found out I’m using Kratom again. Fuck. It’s time to face the music I guess. I wish I could be sedated and just sleep through the WD’s...

The green powder is a bitch to hide, combined with the frequent dosing. Ive been there. She knows she has little leverage though, yet i still would tend to hide it to reduce friction.

Honestly the withdrawal from 25g a day isn't that bad, and it lasts a week max.

Get l-theanine, black seed oil capsules and benzos if you can (not necessary).

Fuck kratom though, it is hands down the shittiest opioid.

Looks like I’ll be taking a trip to my local natural/ Whole Foods store and get some supplies. Benzos would be nice, but I know better. I will pick up some black seed caps after work if the snow storm isn’t too bad.
The good news is my wife said she’d be willing to help me taper this time. My wife did a little research and she realizes I’m not joking about the WD’s. She used to think oh it’s just a plant how bad could it be, then she read some horror stories...
at least I don’t have to hid anymore. That’s even another layer of sick on top of everything else

Honestly, I am prescribed Klonopin, and it helps with WD, and all i need is 5 days off work and some klonopin and to sleep all day and it's all over in no time.

I can understand why someone not on benzos or another gaba-ergic like gabapentin which could help might not want to go that route, but kratom wd in my experience lasts such a short period of time that using a benzo or lyrica/neurotin for like 5 days wouldn't even be enough to build dependency.

I had used kratom on and off for years but never got fully dependent until a few months back.

I would use it 3-4 days a week, get WD, but because i already take klonopin for anxiety, which i do wish i could get off very much to be honest, it would ease WDs, and i could always go 3-5 days MAX without kratom if i had some time off work, or honestly even a 3 day weekend, and i'd be fine.

It wasn't till around August i started using 12 gram doses 2-3 times a day every day for about 4 months, so we are talking 24-36 grams a day which sounds like as much or more than you.

When Christmas break came i had a few weeks off work, stopped kratom cold turkey, slept for 5 days, felt fine, then went on naltrexone so i couldn't take more and get dependent again which i am currently on.

But again, i would not use benzos/gaba-ergics if not necessary, but kratom WD is not something that lasts a long time for most people, and i'd doubt it would last you more than a week tops if you can tough it out.

Once you do though, i'd suggest naltrexone, BUT ONLY ONCE YOU KNOW FOR SURE WD IS OVER BECAUSE IT CAN CREATE PRECIPITATED WITHDRAWALS OTHERWISE.....then you can take that and it will block it and you are good.

That's what i did and it's now been 23 days since i have taken kratom, 24 days of dexadrine and 15 days of alcohol.

Good luck.

Looks like I’ll be taking a trip to my local natural/ Whole Foods store and get some supplies. Benzos would be nice, but I know better. I will pick up some black seed caps after work if the snow storm isn’t too bad.
The good news is my wife said she’d be willing to help me taper this time. My wife did a little research and she realizes I’m not joking about the WD’s. She used to think oh it’s just a plant how bad could it be, then she read some horror stories...
at least I don’t have to hid anymore. That’s even another layer of sick on top of everything else

If you don't need to get off fast, go down a bit more slowly. I personally haven't stopped but am still on 5.4g since the summer, no problem maintaining that and was at around 20g before (and in the beginning even higher). I didn't have any WD at all really (see my first posts in this thread) but it seems to work a bit weird for me anyways (no need to up dose etc).