• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom strains for oxys w-d + other infos

skipjames

Bluelighter
Hi all, it´s me again....

I´ve been using oxys pretty bad last month and I m back to at least 120- 140 mgs x day (max 160 mgs) I guess it´s time to take a break. This time I would like to stick to kratom only, I have some xanny (2mg) and rivotril (0,50 mg) but just for emergencies, benzos are evil!
Anyway here are my questions :

Oxys and kratom don´t mix, right? I mean, if you take kratom then oxys will not work and vice versa; is this true? Debatable? Any answer backed up with actual science would be truly appreciated
2) Strains : so far I have tried Maeng da ( makes me pretty restless) and Borneo Red (okeish..) but the vendor offers also : Super Green, Super red, Super White, Gold Maeng Da , Green Maeng Da and Red Maeng Da. Have you ever tried one or more of these ones? If so which one would you recommend for oxy´s wd? I need something which is calming and works for anxiety

Doses : I had success with 6-7 gr in the morning, in the first days but I was also adding benzos to the mix. As said supra, I´ld like to avoid benzos : should I upper the dose of kratom?

Any Otc recommendation to potentiate the effects of kratom? The thing worked for me w-d wise but I never had any effect remotely similar to an opiate buzz with k.

Thanks a lot for your attention!

Cheers

I got off my oxy habit using Red Bali. No WDs whatsoever.

I've been taking kratom daily for a couple of years now. During that time, I've dabbled in oxys and hydros-- an utter waste of money.

Apparently kratom is sort of like buprenorphine in that it blocks the effects of opiates/opioids. I had to take twice as many pills to feel half of what I'd normally feel.
So I just don't mess with pills at all anymore. Kratom is my thing and I'm sticking with it.

I suggest that you go to the American Kratom Association website where they list trusted brands. I've yet to be disappointed with any brand they recommend.

PS-- I don't get a real "buzz" from kratom. It's more like a mood lift/energizer. I'm cool with that.

Apparently kratom is sort of like buprenorphine in that it blocks the effects of opiates/opioids.
yeah this is very debated, kratom itself certainly increases more than if you took nothing

mitrgynine is technically a mu opioid antagonist, 7-OH-mitragyine is the mu agonist and what people seek

but it's also a lot weaker of an antagonist than bupe

you will still get high on opioids, kratom will never cause precip withdrawal

I relapsed on oxy/fent while on kratom and still got plenty high, but not like a virgin

black seed oil helps alot with the wd pain. magnesium, 5htp, l-tryptophan, l-tyrosine, all of the essential amino acids.

Opioid addiction basically feels like a giant balancing act. If you're trying to substitute kratom for oxycodone, I wouldn't take more than like 25g+ a day, as it can be just as habituating in some ways.

That said, when you're in the grips of wd, taking anywhere between 6-12g's at a time might just be what you gotta do to feel it right and feel better. I think that's the most I've taken at once, 12g's. Not really any point in taking more, it'll just make you sick.

As well, be careful combining sedatives, as kratom alone usually isn't bad for respiratory depression, but it can still be a contributing factor if used with enough benzodiazepines to be dangerous.

You likely know these things, but I'm just singing the word at the moment.