• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom stack?

betweenthebars

Bluelighter
So, I have started a kratom regemin that is so far working wonders for me, but I still have occasional anxiety and want to know what other nootropics may stack well with kratom. I have l theanine, 5-htp, valerian, ashwaghandah, and gaba. I haven't taken any on top of the kratom yet because I don't want to accidentally take something that may cause dysphoria or worse and I couldn't really get any solid answers from Google (obvi). Any anecdotal advise is welcomed. Ty🙂

First things first. Kratom isn't a nootropic, it's an opioid (with an interesting pharmacological profile) and it's physically and mentally addictive.
It's also completely normal to feel anxious from time to time, taking drugs/supplements can be counterproductive when it comes to mild anxiety (specially medium to long term).

Most things go well with kratom IME. From your list I'd only recommend l-theanine for anxiety though.

I agree that most things go well with kratom.

Personally my morning fix is 200mg caffeine + 200mg l-theanine + 10g kratom + weed/delta 8

it's quite a stimulating mix, but not overly so, and gets me ready for the day

the only thing that might give you some dysphoria from the things you listed is ashwaghanda. Due to it's 5-HT1 downregulation it can give me dysphoria and other side effects in doses above 300mg (ksm)

but in general kratom mixes well with most things but be careful mixing it with other drugs that tax your liver (alcohol/large nootropic stacks/etc)

I've mixed kratom with a ton of things and the only bad interactions were from certain medications like lithium and oxcarbamazepine. Specifically kratom + alcohol has some reports of acute liver damage, but it seems to be somewhat rare. I was an alcoholic and also addicted to kratom for 6+ years, I have some liver minor damage. How much the kratom is involved in that I'm not sure.

I agree that most things go well with kratom.

Personally my morning fix is 200mg caffeine + 200mg l-theanine + 10g kratom + weed/delta 8

it's quite a stimulating mix, but not overly so, and gets me ready for the day

the only thing that might give you some dysphoria from the things you listed is ashwaghanda. Due to it's 5-HT1 downregulation it can give me dysphoria and other side effects in doses above 300mg (ksm)

but in general kratom mixes well with most things but be careful mixing it with other drugs that tax your liver (alcohol/large nootropic stacks/etc)

I've mixed kratom with a ton of things and the only bad interactions were from certain medications like lithium and oxcarbamazepine. Specifically kratom + alcohol has some reports of acute liver damage, but it seems to be somewhat rare. I was an alcoholic and also addicted to kratom for 6+ years, I have some liver minor damage. How much the kratom is involved in that I'm not sure.
Ty, Snafu of the Forest. This is very helpful. I started kratom to overcome what had become a crippling alcohol addiction and it is working beautifully so far. The liver pain and yellow eyes that alcohol had caused me disappeared within the first week. So ik it isn't nearly as toxic as what I had been doing. L theanine sounds like a good choice. A little caffiene, too. And, they both actually heal the liver, so thats a bonus! Weed doesn't agree w/ me (I wish I was cool like that), but the rest sounds like a pretty sound regimine. Ty.

Idk about that stuff "healing the liver" but stopping alcohol is definitely great for your health. It's great that you found something that works to keep you off alcohol but just be aware that kratom is addictive on its own, don't be fooled.

Congrats on cessation of your drinking habit

Ty, Snafu of the Forest. This is very helpful. I started kratom to overcome what had become a crippling alcohol addiction and it is working beautifully so far. The liver pain and yellow eyes that alcohol had caused me disappeared within the first week. So ik it isn't nearly as toxic as what I had been doing. L theanine sounds like a good choice. A little caffiene, too. And, they both actually heal the liver, so thats a bonus! Weed doesn't agree w/ me (I wish I was cool like that), but the rest sounds like a pretty sound regimine. Ty.
oh yeah man if you had jaundice you truly need to get off the booze!!! and I'm glad you did. Is your urine color normal?

I am a little hesitant to recommend kratom in your situation, however, as long as you keep your doses low and watch for any liver issues you should be OK, go easy on your liver for sure!

Just don't drink again brother! I'm an alcoholic too and got off the booze a few months ago and my health bounced back very quickly! Fuck alcohol !

So, I have started a kratom regemin that is so far working wonders for me, but I still have occasional anxiety and want to know what other nootropics may stack well with kratom. I have l theanine, 5-htp, valerian, ashwaghandah, and gaba. I haven't taken any on top of the kratom yet because I don't want to accidentally take something that may cause dysphoria or worse and I couldn't really get any solid answers from Google (obvi). Any anecdotal advise is welcomed. Ty🙂
Do you have experience with kava? I'll admit, kratom as the best thing I ever found to slice through my anxiety.

But kava works differently with anxiety. Kratom is unhealthy and unbalancing for brain chemistry too IMO.

Kava is the opposite in that exact regard. Non physically addictive too, no WD.

The wider world still barely knows kava exists.

Despite this random nut AutoTripper touting it all over for 2 years now. I reckon I have drawn the attention at least of thousands of people to it.

I have led a number of horses to water too. Because if it was cannabis only 10% maybe had heard of or had a grasp of, that would be silly, and so wrong.

Thanks to the governments of our world, for whom we "roll up roll up read all about it" as they said in old English days, kava continues to hover off radar, not even legal for humans in UK, okay for my dog, fully legal in US, Canada, New Zealand, elsewhere too.

UK is one of the tightest, strictest regarding drug law policy.

A thread was started this year on kava, some basics were laid out,

No exact contraindications to mixing kava with kratom, unless the effect isn't appreciated.

Except kava resembles kratom's nausea past a certain dosage potential.

So if 11 grams of kratom would tip somebody over, but they were okay on 10 grams...

Or say, 26 grams instant kava okay, 31 and nausea....

You could not have 10 grams kratom, plus 26 grams instant kava without nausea.

It's a 2 + 2 thing. But is very flexible and adaptable. Just to keep in mind.

kratom's nausea seems to be strain/batch dependent as well as tolerance dependent in my experience

someone once told me "less is more" with kratom, and it's very true

kratom has some specific diminishing returns and taking the lowest effective dose is ALWAYS the best option

20g is NOT twice as good as 10g!

It's one of those things you figure out after using kratom for awhile

kratom's nausea seems to be strain/batch dependent as well as tolerance dependent in my experience

someone once told me "less is more" with kratom, and it's very true

kratom has some specific diminishing returns and taking the lowest effective dose is ALWAYS the best option

10g is NOT twice as good as 5g
There is a sweetspot for most things.

Less is more does apply very broadly, but is a bit misleadingly phrased in a colloquial sense, you will know exactly what I mean there.

Something has to be worthwhile. And I am one to really push and test those limits.

But I try to live within my means. I'm not very successful at this I'll admit. Forever stitching myself up and paying the price.

I do like kratom. It triggers my illeocecal valve, lower left colon, to basically shut like a tap stopper.

I would not be able to take kratom for 2 months. I did 4 weeks, has to stop CT to just about survive the total lack of nutrition and dangerously mounting intestinal blockage.

Nasty WD's too, was up to 10-15 grams daily in one 4 week run 2019.

If I had tried to carry on with kratom then, no chance of seeing 2 months even.

That's when I gave kava a shot. 2 years on, kava has never threatened my life.

It's infinitely safer and more biology friendly in that sense.

I need stimulants though. Kratom I like, it gave me energy, eased fatigue and aches, was an incredible antidepressant for me personally but had to go.

I still have some around. I would take it, but the benefits are outweighed 5-1, basically only detriment and it's not easy to resolve and restore digestive function after a single use.

I like the sound of your morning concoction though. I would roll that way if it was permitted.

Mulungu bark, if that's spelt right, is another one,

And Kanna too.

Skullcap possibly. I'd use kanna, kratom, kava, weed, caffeine, plus, except allergic to kanna and kratom.

Kanna is like cannabis in effect. Very stoning. But long lasting too, with a stimulant effect as the initial sedation wanes.

The other way round to kratom that way.