• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

kratom question for long term users - please help! so desperate

labellavita1985

Greenlighter
I'm a 29 yo female and I have a question for kratom users.

Has anybody experienced hair loss after long term use of kratom? I've had a daily habit of 20 g for about a year. Is this a lot?

What do you guys think the chances are that it's causing my hair loss? I've decided to quit whether it's the source of my hair loss or not. I'm really worried that whatever the cause, the loss will be permanent.

Just hoping somebody has some feedback on this topic.

I know there was one other thread I found where someone thought kratom could have been causing her hair loss, but she later found out she had a thyroid problem.

Is kratom unhealthy? My gut tells me no, because it's plant matter, so it's all natural, but I can't be sure. Would you compare it to drinking a lot of coffee? So, not particularly unhealthy or dangerous/not likely to cause serious health concerns or long term side effects, but not exactly healthy? Or would you compare it to, say, eating a lot of grape leaves? Maybe it's comparable to something like ephedra? Ephedra is plant matter too, but is very dangerous. I know these sound like stupid questions but I'm so desperate for some answers.

The following is from Wikipedia. Other website provide just about the same information, so I've been unsuccessful in learning more about side effects/lack of safety/dangers. Thanks for any and all feecback.

Kratom does not appear to have significant adverse effects, and in particular appears not to cause the hypoventilation typical of other opioids.[5] Compulsive use has been reported among drug users who inject opioids, and those who use opioids to manage pain without direction from medical professionals.[5]
Side effects associated with chronic kratom use include loss of appetite and weight loss, delayed ejaculation, constipation, and darkening of the skin color of the face. Chronic use has been associated with bowel obstruction.[6][23] Chronic users have also reported withdrawal symptoms including irritability, runny nose and diarrhea.[8] Withdrawal is generally short-lived and mild, and it may be effectively treated with dihydrocodeine and loperamide.

I'm a 29 yo female and I have a question for kratom users.

Has anybody experienced hair loss after long term use of kratom? I've had a daily habit of 20 g for about a year. Is this a lot?

What do you guys think the chances are that it's causing my hair loss? I've decided to quit whether it's the source of my hair loss or not. I'm really worried that whatever the cause, the loss will be permanent.

Just hoping somebody has some feedback on this topic.

I know there was one other thread I found where someone thought kratom could have been causing her hair loss, but she later found out she had a thyroid problem.

Is kratom unhealthy? My gut tells me no, because it's plant matter, so it's all natural, but I can't be sure. Would you compare it to drinking a lot of coffee? So, not particularly unhealthy or dangerous/not likely to cause serious health concerns or long term side effects, but not exactly healthy? Or would you compare it to, say, eating a lot of grape leaves? Maybe it's comparable to something like ephedra? Ephedra is plant matter too, but is very dangerous. I know these sound like stupid questions but I'm so desperate for some answers.

The following is from Wikipedia. Other website provide just about the same information, so I've been unsuccessful in learning more about side effects/lack of safety/dangers. Thanks for any and all feecback.

Kratom does not appear to have significant adverse effects, and in particular appears not to cause the hypoventilation typical of other opioids.[5] Compulsive use has been reported among drug users who inject opioids, and those who use opioids to manage pain without direction from medical professionals.[5]
Side effects associated with chronic kratom use include loss of appetite and weight loss, delayed ejaculation, constipation, and darkening of the skin color of the face. Chronic use has been associated with bowel obstruction.[6][23] Chronic users have also reported withdrawal symptoms including irritability, runny nose and diarrhea.[8] Withdrawal is generally short-lived and mild, and it may be effectively treated with dihydrocodeine and loperamide.

Interesting post! I have been using Kratom on and off for years and have never had any hair loss that I've noticed. I used around 15-20 grams daily for periods of about 6 months and to combat withdrawals from other substances.

I've read that users have had skin color change over long use and depression/suicidal, but not hair loss. Then again I haven't really searched the topic. I hope its not the plant and I hope your in good health. If it stops after quitting please post results in the future as there is still little knowledge about side effects from short term or long term kratom use.

20 grams a day seems like a really high amount...I've used anywhere from 5-10 a day for 18 months and have noticed 2 side effects
Constipation and heartburn

i dont see how kratom would cause hair loss besides maybe due to extreme malnutrition..this would only occur in users that use large amounts over a long period of time...kratom is an appetite killer but all in all, i wouldnt worry about hair loss with kratom..

20 grams a day of kratom is a lot...many users quickly work their way up to that dosage though..

Ive been taking 30 gs a day for 8 or 9 months now, i haven't had that probablem everyone is different though. Have you been really stressed out latley? Over thinking too much? I went threw a period in my life where my hair was literally shedding like a fucking dog from stress and over thinking. Sorry i couldnt help you more.

^^geez, 30 grams a day and its still working for you?still a pleasant feeling?

At one point i stopped getting positive effects from it i had to go two weeks with only taking enough to not go into withdrawal which for me was anywhere from 5 to 7 grams and that worked wonders for my tolerance

Is it summer where you are? I have thick, dark, long hair that sheds like crazy in summer months. Perhaps the season has something to do with it depending where you are.

You may want to try a different type of shampoo to switch things up. Cheap shampoos like White Rain or VO5 make my hair shed like crazy.

If it is the kratom causing it, I could see how it could possibly happen. I can't use milk thistle or certain vitamins/meds because after a buildup in my system...bam, hair gone.

Just a few suggestions.

Never lost hair but that is a lot of Kratom daily. Been using for about 2 years off and on but this run about 6 months daily but never going more than 7 grams at a time or more than 10 in a day. I always just dose once a day usually.

I would look into getting some stem and vien. I heard it works good for quitting. Good luck!