• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kratom on an empty stomach

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
Hey all,
I've recently been trying doses of kratom powder here and there, to try and get a feel for it and to decide if I actually enjoy it or not.
My first experience was awful, I took too much, thinking my current codeine tolerance would dull the effects of a lower dose. I had horrible nausea and general dysphoria after the first hour or two. The dose wasn't extreme or irresponsible either, 6 grams mixed in water on an empty stomach.
I decided to try again a few days later, this time in the evening, a few hours after an average-sized meal. I took 4.5 grams in water as before. I had no negative effects from it this time, none at all, but it was a bit weak. I repeated this a week later in the morning, on an empty stomach, and I got the same nausea etc.. as the first time.
A few days ago I took 6 grams after a light meal, again, with no ill effects.
The horrible effects have always been in the mornings now I think about it.

Has anyone else had trouble with kratom nausea when taken on an empty stomach, regardless of dosage?
I quite enjoy the effects when I'm not nauseated to fuck, so would be good to know if others have any insight as to whether it's a morning thing or an empty stomach thing or just me.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Hey all,
I've recently been trying doses of kratom powder here and there, to try and get a feel for it and to decide if I actually enjoy it or not.
My first experience was awful, I took too much, thinking my current codeine tolerance would dull the effects of a lower dose. I had horrible nausea and general dysphoria after the first hour or two. The dose wasn't extreme or irresponsible either, 6 grams mixed in water on an empty stomach.
I decided to try again a few days later, this time in the evening, a few hours after an average-sized meal. I took 4.5 grams in water as before. I had no negative effects from it this time, none at all, but it was a bit weak. I repeated this a week later in the morning, on an empty stomach, and I got the same nausea etc.. as the first time.

Has anyone else had trouble with kratom nausea when taken on an empty stomach, regardless of dosage?
I quite enjoy the effects when I'm not nauseated to fuck, so would be good to know if others have any insight as to whether it's a morning thing or an empty stomach thing or just me.

So basically you are saying that generally you have the most unpleasant experience when you take it on an empty stomach?

That's not surprising at all and I'm usually the same way.

It's probably a combo of both that in general the experience should be SOMEWHAT stronger on an empty stomach as with most drugs so could be overwhelming, but also IMO general nausea and unpleasant experience is most common when I take ANY drug on an empty stomach and even more so Kratom for some because it's known to make some people nauseated.

I've been enjoying Kratom on and off for about 2 years now and I found it had a big learning curve in a number of areas but one thing was that early on a lot of people on this forum said you HAD to take it on empty stomach which is just totally not true.

After I got some unpleasant experiences several times taking it on an empty stomach I just said fuck that I'm going to eat first and I started having much better experiences without feeling sick.

I mean so what if maybe you need to take a little more Kratom but you don't get nauseated??

Sounds better to me.

Also, early on in my experimentation with Kratom I also had some unpleasant experiences and side effects by taking too much or on an empty stomach, things like jitteryness or dysphoria, but what I noticed was that after a few months of taking it all those side effects COMPLETELY stopped happening for me.

Even though my tolerance is MASSIVE due to my not realizing early on that it was important to BOTH keep dosage down and not only take days off to avoid addiction, no matter how much I take I don't get nauseau, but I'm unusual in that way.

I think a lot of drugs cause side effects early on in a person's usage which may go away after your body adapts to it.

So yeah, my suggestion is that if taking it on empty stomach makes you nauseated then just stop doing it and take it under whatever conditions you feel best in.

Kratom has a BIG learning curve in terms of how much is right for you, when to take it, etc.

It took me a little while to figure out the right dosages and what to avoid, like the fact that it keeps me up if I take it too late also.

Hey all,

I did in the beginning. Work up slowly. I never do now with any opiate. If you do get nausea just lie very still without moving. This seriously helped me. Also fresh ginger tea is good. Take your time and you should be good to go. It was very worth it for me. I'm on oxycodone for pain and still use it daily to help. It doesn't get me high now due to the oxy but it does still work well for pain, energy and depression. Good luck.

Sorta unrelated, but before i was addicted to tramadol, it mademe nauseaus as shit man. It was debilitating at times, wouldn't eveneat food. Now, few months later, I take more than I did when I started (100-150mg used to make me nauseaus but now I am on 250mg), and I never get nausea anymore in the slightest. You aren't accustomed to what you're putting in your body.

I did kratom briefly in 2012. I'd say Protip:: Buy Dramamine, so worth it man. I always took 8 grams Bali Kratom on empty stomach allways empty for kratom it sucks but it has to be empty, you'll find that out. For nausea just take dramamine. So maybe kratom does make you that nauseous I always tooone dramamine at the same time as my 8g dose. Just try the dramamine you will thank me later Im serious. You will be able to fully enjoy the effects without that pesky kratom nausea.

I usually take it on an empty stomach but eat soon after. This results in greater effects and less nausea. Ginger is incredibly helpful with nausea and I second just laying down for a while. These two remedies have never failed me.

I usually take it on an empty stomach but eat soon after. This results in greater effects and less nausea. Ginger is incredibly helpful with nausea and I second just laying down for a while. These two remedies have never failed me.

I agree. I generally dose on an empty stomach. Well I take prevacid for GERD every morning so this may help as well. I try to Toss n Wash my kratom and then eat something while it's digesting but before the effects start. This generally does the trick.

OP, some of us have cast iron stomachs. All posts were pretty correct. Build up slowly, ginger tea or even good ginger beer has helped me, but probably stick with the tea. Nausea passes like has been said by lying still. I'm speculating here and people may say it takes away or? from the experience, but an anti nausea pill might help. I say drink ginger tea and lower your doses. You slowly build up to what you can handle.

Just buy crystallized ginger and munch a piece. Always calms my stomach. Washes the taste out of your mouth, too.

I think that kratom's a lot stronger then codeine if you don't compare them by weight (by kratom you pretty much dose by the gram). Anyway, IDK why, but it's pretty common knowledge that kratom hits a lot harder on an empty stomach. Probably because it's more quickly absorbed than if their was food down there. I've recently lowered my dosage down to about 2-4g at a time, and then I'll usually do 2g booster dosages to keep the effects going. After a few days of doing this I then tried to consume 8g all at once (after eating a meal) and it made me super dysphoric and sick feeling, so I'm sticking with these lower dosages. It's funny because when I'd make tea, I'll use 50g or so and then divide that in to 5 dosages and I can handle that fine, but after experimenting more with T&W I've come to believe that a lot of the alkaloids remain in the plant matter that's been filtered (even after 2 filtrations), which is why I've now started holding on to it and keeping it in the freezer for when I get low down on my 'krat stash'.

Anyway, this is probably better for BDD, so OD->BDD.