• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom not working

LoveSexDreamz

Bluelighter
So I've tried kratom 5-10 times mostly hot tea and it was fine. But recently I ended up consuming 3g of ultra indo extract and 28g of 50x enhanced white mang da. Within a couple hours in fruit juice.
I got no effect is this because I didn't brew it or because it doesn't work for me anymore?
Thanks

Last edited:
i haven't personally used kratom but i've heard a lot of people talk about the 'toss and wash' method
didn't seem like it had to be infused into any tea or liquid - i believe it also comes in caps too

maybe your specific strain does need to be boiled tho... are there any instructions? i assume it came with a packet?

No packet unfortunately :/ came from reliable head shop though. Just in bottles.
But tea always worked best with no more than 5g of enhanced before.
Couple times juice worked for me but not anymore I guess...

Dont buy headshop kratom. Order online from a reliable vendor

Probably just bad product. Maybe try different amounts/doses and/or try a different method of brewing/preparing it, I personally like capsules best but it's up to you. If you're goin for the opiate like effects rather than the stimulant effecs maybe try using something that's known to make opiates (since it's so similar) more potent like Benadryl, other first gen antihistamines, some types of muscle relaxers, etc just be cautious. Had good results mixing it with 50-75mg hydroxyzine personally.

Hope this helped.

its probably just a bad batch. kratom can be used just about any way as long as its going into your stomach. brewing it in hot water may make it kick in faster though, as the active alkaloids will be free in the water rather than trapped in plant matter upon hitting your stomach. i always just used to "toss n wash" tho.

i'd use an online vendor too, it'll be cheaper and there's more variety in strains.

They used to have quality stuff.
Is it possible it just doesn't affect me anymore for some reason?

Yes, if you have a tolerance to it or possibly even a cross tolerance from opiates. Not sure if opiate tolerance can be a factor or not honestly but I'd kinda assume so.

It's funny I haven't used it in weeks. I've always had good results with Mang Da. I used to get results from 3-5g of the enchanted version but I ended up taking a whole zip with some juice
Go figure I'm brewing it lol

A couple things come to my mind. One is like some of the others have said, you may have a bad batch. Where are you getting yours from? I joined the Kratom New and Current Users on FB and they have vetted vendors who have high-quality kratom. Also you should NEVER start with enhanced or extracted strains. You're going to jack up your tolerance really quickly. A good quality powdered Kratom, I use White and Green MD for energy, not extracts or enhanced. Definitely consider ordering a variety of plain strains first from a vetted vendor to find out what works for you. I also never drink the tea. I do a simple toss and wash. Yes it tastes awful, but once you've mastered that method you'll never go back. I actually taste very little if I do it right. I also dose about twice of what you are taking, about 2 separate teaspoons using the t&w method of REGULAR not enhanced Kratom. I've been taking Kratom for a bit over a year now, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

If I'm on 100ml methadone would it be worth buying kratom for recreational purposes

Getting it from the local head shop. I guess all I felt was slight sedation. First time I tried their green mang da as tea and it was great, like Vicodin even. This time round they had maybe a dozen strains while they used to only have a few. So I would think it's good quality.
I tried capsules from an online vender and they were bunk (even as tea) so I'm kind of skeptical of online quality I guess.

@thegunman - not really. you may get some slight effects, but with a tolerance like that, something as subtle as kratom aint gonna rock ya world. give it a go and tell us hw it went maybe!

Did you read my response? You're going to get a MUCH better quality kratom, for a LOT less cash from a good vendor. Like I said, look at the FB group I mentioned. It's been invaluable to me in my Kratom journey. Will tell you what each color/strain is for and we have a list of vetted vendors that have proven results. Since we can't post specific vendors here do yourself a favor and look it up. I ONLY use those vendors and they're products are the best.

Thanks I will definitely check it out seeing as you can personally vouch for their quality, I did take the plunge and order a few oz from an ethnibotanical place with solid reddit support. Super cheap
I guess vendors some times lose their quality products for whatever reason. Just amazes me kg sells for the $100 ballpark

Yep. Once you find a good group you'll find the best vendors. And yes WAY cheaper than head shops. Kratom on!