• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom not working at all for me?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I came back from rehab recently, and I'm currently under contract to be drug tested weekly for the next couple months unfortunately. As such, previously having a heroin habit, I decided to buy some kratom. At the peak of my habit a couple weeks ago I was injecting 250mg of pretty good-grade dope. I don't know how cross-tollerant kratom is with opiates, but I ingested 10g of green maeng da thai kratom an hour and a half ago and I feel nothing from it. How actually effective is kratom?

I don't think kratom is much use recreationally if you have any sort of tolerance to stronger opiates.

I dunno man, i've only done it a few times, and it didn't do much for me.
People who nod off on it probably havent been using heroin.

Maybe you got some bunk shit. I take about 8 grams per dose and I feel decent. About two hours after my first dose I take another dose of 8 grams and then I start feeling pretty good.

This may sound stupid but it also seems that after a month and a half now that my body has learned to seek/absorb kratom better.

Last edited:
Some people do report not being able to feel Kratom at all. These people usually have high tolerances.

At the same time, there are people coming from IV heroin and onto Kratom in order to maintain.

Yeah...your tolerance is just too high to catch a buzz from Kratom. Taking 20g will probably just make you sick.
But you can use it to maintain and stave of withdrawals.

I would only use the kratom to help beat cravings. Basically, that is all it will do for you right now.

If you feel the need to take a massive dose, might I suggest making it into tea? Basically take your twenty grams, heat it at a simmer in about 1 liter of water. After the water will have a suspension of kratom particles in it. Allow it to settle to the bottom over the course of a couple hours. Pour off the liquid. It will be an odd green brown color and will be slightly thicker than regular water. Drink the liquid. That way you aren't eating a huge pile of powder, and you have less of a chance of feeling queasy or throwing up from it.

Personally, I don't think increasing your dose will help too much.

I put the rest of the kratom I have into pills and ate it that way. Still no feeling, but I knew it was too good to be true for me when I bought it I guess.

It has its uses for lots of people - just probably isn't going to get regular heroin users high.

It has its uses for lots of people - just probably isn't going to get regular heroin users high.
Damn...I can't go back to using dope for another 5 or 6 weeks, guess I'll stick to psychedelics for now since they don't show on drug screenings. Or maybe Spice or something. I'll figure it out, unless anyone had suggestions.

"Spice" is a really bad idea. Random, toxic unknown, untested chemicals - and unknown dosages.
One of the most dangerous drugs you can get.

So, you're clean but you want to jump straight back on the dope?
I'm guessing you didn't detox voluntarily...?

Either way, if you read some of the theads about synthetic cannabinoids on bluelight, you'll see the sorts of horrible effects it can have. I would really recommend people stay away from those blends - they're not safe at all.

All the best man.

"Spice" is a really bad idea. Random, toxic unknown, untested chemicals - and unknown dosages.
One of the most dangerous drugs you can get.

So, you're clean but you want to jump straight back on the dope?
I'm guessing you didn't detox voluntarily...?

Either way, if you read some of the theads about synthetic cannabinoids on bluelight, you'll see the sorts of horrible effects it can have. I would really recommend people stay away from those blends - they're not safe at all.

All the best man.
No it wasn't voluntarily. I was having a very bad day, so when I got home I started drinking. Then popped some pills. Then continued until in the end I drank a bottle of vodka and popped 43mg of Etizolam (same potency as 43mg Xanax). My friend came over half-way through because he was worried about me, and eventually it got to the point to where he couldn't wake me up. Instead of calling the cops he called my mother for help, and she pretty much forced me into it. It's a long story but you get the gist.

Spice in general is a bad idea, but I've done some research and there are a few batches that mimic weed extremely well that I've heard good things about.