• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom & Methadone together

mascotalf

Bluelighter
I've been on methadone for a few years now (about 5). I'm pretty dependent on it, 80mg daily. I don't really get high off it unless i take extra on the rare occasion.
I ordered some Kratom the other day and it came before the weekend. I have it in the pouch still as I didn't think it would do much as my receptors are pretty saturated with methadone.
When looking both up they both bind to the µ-opioid receptor and since methadone is much stronger is it worth taking Kratom?
Doing a quick search on 'methadone and kratom' mostly what comes up is links about opiate detox and withdrawal. I know Kratom is good to use sparing when detoxing off an opiate, and initially I got it to help with withdrawals when i taper which i plan to do over the next year. But I would like to see if it does anything while taking methadone?
It probably doesn't but i guessed that people here might have experience with these two together

I've never tried it with methadone, but from my experience combining kratom with other opioids, it seems to diminish the effects of whatever its combined with. With kratom being a partial agonist, this seems to make sense.

ye
Aren't they both NMDA antagonists to varying degrees?

Yes, but both behave as such in the micromolar range (while having nanomolar affinities for opioid receptors), so they are relatively weak in this regard (but certainly active).

This plays a role in slower tolerance formation in both, but in the case of mitragynine, it seems a larger part of this stems from its biased activity in signal transduction, recruiting G protein over beta arrestin-2 (whereas morphine favors beta arrestin-2). This results in slower tolerance formation, less respiratory depression and a milder withdrawal syndrome. Future opioids will likely be designed to take advantage of this.

ye

Yes, but both behave as such in the micromolar range (while having nanomolar affinities for opioid receptors), so they are relatively weak in this regard (but certainly active).

This plays a role in slower tolerance formation in both, but in the case of mitragynine, it seems a larger part of this stems from its biased activity in signal transduction, recruiting G protein over beta arrestin-2 (whereas morphine favors beta arrestin-2). This results in slower tolerance formation, less respiratory depression and a milder withdrawal syndrome. Future opioids will likely be designed to take advantage of this.
Thanks, I actually had been wondering about how meaningful in reality that activity was

I tried it a few times on methadone. You will feel some of the stim effects. It was mild. Perhaps even a placebo since was looking for something. No sedation for sure.

Let us know what leaf you tried and how you felt, since you are right. There are very little experiences on this.

You won't feel it . I tried a few strains on methadone and all i got was a bit of anxiety

I've been on methadone for a few years now (about 5). I'm pretty dependent on it, 80mg daily. I don't really get high off it unless i take extra on the rare occasion.
I ordered some Kratom the other day and it came before the weekend. I have it in the pouch still as I didn't think it would do much as my receptors are pretty saturated with methadone.
When looking both up they both bind to the µ-opioid receptor and since methadone is much stronger is it worth taking Kratom?
Doing a quick search on 'methadone and kratom' mostly what comes up is links about opiate detox and withdrawal. I know Kratom is good to use sparing when detoxing off an opiate, and initially I got it to help with withdrawals when i taper which i plan to do over the next year. But I would like to see if it does anything while taking methadone?
It probably doesn't but i guessed that people here might have experience with these two together
In 2004, I had a good friend who was on methadone. I only took it twice, both times on legit OG ecstasy, the 2nd time was right after dropping 7 150mg pills in exactly 1 hour- 3, 2 half hour later, final 3 half hour after.

My friend then gave me my second, lifetime dose of methafone.

I only needed 5 ml Methadone for a strong effect. That combo was glorious that night, much like heroin on ecstasy.

I've never tried it with methadone, but from my experience combining kratom with other opioids, it seems to diminish the effects of whatever its combined with. With kratom being a partial agonist, this seems to make sense.
I did try kratom with kava and LSD, it blasted me so high I swear. Very heavy intense hallucinogenic state.

Hi Kara (?) Sorry I have always been such a curious cat so I have been resisting asking for a while- do you like kava?

Yes i do. I got the name Kara from Because Human on ps4 and I find Kava works fantastic for relaxation and stress.
I'm not in a big city anymore so getting it is not as easy

Yes i do. I got the name Kara from Because Human on ps4 and I find Kava works fantastic for relaxation and stress.
I'm not in a big city anymore so getting it is not as easy
Cool, thanks for answering and I did I kind of assume but I try not to be presumptuous.

Kava can be great. I live in the United Kingdom and I have been ordering top quality kava from the USA say as well as New Zealand and and Poland for over a year.

I'm happy to share my experience with you on preparation methods if you get me just shoot me a pm sometime.

Kava really does enhance my LSD trips too. I calculated today-exactly 148.5 x legit,100ug tabs in last 12 months, with heavy daily kava sessions throughout so I got to know the synergy of these two drugs very well.

Cool, thanks for answering and I did I kind of assume but I try not to be presumptuous.

Kava can be great. I live in the United Kingdom and I have been ordering top quality kava from the USA say as well as New Zealand and and Poland for over a year.

I'm happy to share my experience with you on preparation methods if you get me just shoot me a pm sometime.

I definitely will be, thank you:)

I tried it a few times on methadone. You will feel some of the stim effects. It was mild. Perhaps even a placebo since was looking for something. No sedation for sure.

Let us know what leaf you tried and how you felt, since you are right. There are very little experiences on this.

I don't think i'm going to try them together tbh. I'm tapering off methadone, was on 80mg now on ~67. Going to try to get to 60mg by Friday next, (10 days away).
The kratom should come in handy for the taper under about 20mg and the detox. Not sure which probably the detox after 0mg.

I got a mixed leaf, 8 strains in 1. 2 green, 2 red, 2 white and not sure what the last 2 are. I was going to get the green Maeng da. Do you think what i got would be better?
I know unfortunately, I'll report my experience back when the time comes anyway

In 2004, I had a good friend who was on methadone. I only took it twice, both times on legit OG ecstasy, the 2nd time was right after dropping 7 150mg pills in exactly 1 hour- 3, 2 half hour later, final 3 half hour after.

My friend then gave me my second, lifetime dose of methafone.

I only needed 5 ml Methadone for a strong effect. That combo was glorious that night, much like heroin on ecstasy.

Man that sounds like a blissful state. That warm opioid feeling with that emphatic mdma feeling would have been an awesome buzz.
I wish i was opiate naive and try that combo