• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

Years IMO.
I like the idea of using "dry-pack" when vacuuming bags.
Always work and store in low humidity areas.
Use UV blocking bags, bottles etc.
Keep.out of reach of children. 😂

Bali crushed leaf and powder from 2007 is as good today. Kratom seems stable, at least some of the important contents last. I would bet it lasts years. I always test that out. But it also reminds me there is good kratom today from some reputable online vendors. I am not one to think it was better then.

Kratom being the leaf. Not any of the fancy alphabet mixes.

Years IMO.
I like the idea of using "dry-pack" when vacuuming bags.
Always work and store in low humidity areas.
Use UV blocking bags, bottles etc.
Keep.out of reach of children. 😂

Not sure how reliable this is, but there is info on supposedley the best ways to store Kratom here:

Bali crushed leaf and powder from 2007 is as good today. Kratom seems stable, at least some of the important contents last. I would bet it lasts years. I always test that out. But it also reminds me there is good kratom today from some reputable online vendors. I am not one to think it was better then.

Kratom being the leaf. Not any of the fancy alphabet mixes.

According to this site, kratom goes bad after 3 months of it being harvested (not necessarily when it's sold)

I dont understand how eating the powder doesn't fuck with you guys who have used it daily for awhile, caused me incredible gut pain and constipation after a few months, I can only tolerate extracts now its a bummer.

According to this site, kratom goes bad after 3 months of it being harvested (not necessarily when it's sold)

Wow, I guess anybody can type anything and put it out to the public. We are certainly at a time where we have discern what is true and what is not. I have never ever seen anyone claim Kratom going bad in three months. If that were the case, anything we get from a vendor would be not good.

I have to tell you, I like the age of our technology, but there is so much BS getting thrown at us in 2023.

I can am confirm 14 year old Kratom is as good is Kratom I got last month.

Last edited:
I just keep it dry and away from UV.
Been working so far. Had some stored for a year or two back inda days.
Guess it would depend on many factors.

Wow, I guess anybody can type anything and put it out to the public. We are certainly at a time where we have discern what is true and what is not. I have never ever seen anyone claim Kratom going bad in three months. If that were the case, anything we get from a vendor would be not good.

I have to tell you, I like the age of our technology, but there is so much BS getting thrown at us in 2023.

I have no idea if https://kratom.org is a reliable source of information on kratom or not, but there's certainly a lot of info on the site

Maybe they meant some parts of the leaf go bad. But the active ingredients seem to be OK. I know mescaline is very stable yet the cactus that it stays and may not be alive. So in a way you can say that it goes bad to yet the active ingredient is stable.

I actually do like kratom.org. I think. But I guess I never looked around enough to see that.

Last edited:
Maybe they meant some parts of the leaf go bad. But the active ingredients seem to be OK. I know mescaline is very stable yet the cactus that it stays and may not be alive. So in a way you can say that it goes bad to yet the active ingredient is stable.

I actually do like kratom.org. I think. But I guess I never looked around enough to see that.

A lot of the info is probably anecdotal - I don't think there really are many genuine medical experts on kratom like there are with other drugs. Like they claim this strain or that strain will definitely give a certain effect, but a lot of people claim strains are no different from each other

I agree 100 percent. We are in a time where it seems a lot of people excluding BL of course! Lol. Don’t think enough. I feel like they’re not teaching critical thinking skills anymore so it’s easier to make the masses follow. But wtf do I know.

I will say though, this is especially true of the pharmaceutical companies. I listened to a joe organ episode with dr. maseem molhotta fro a few days ago. This guy was saying that when pharmaceutical companies do research studies they don’t give the results to doctors and just give their conclusions they drew from the results. Essentially he was saying that the pharmaceutical industry isn’t there generally to improve public health but just make money and that doctors take studies results as gospel without looking at it critically to make sure they draw the same conclusions. Idk if I’m explaining this well.

But I think we all know that the pharmaceutical industry generally is crooked asf. And that many “peer reviewed “ studies are funded by ppl who have alot of financial interests in the results.

I dont understand how eating the powder doesn't fuck with you guys who have used it daily for awhile, caused me incredible gut pain and constipation after a few months, I can only tolerate extracts now its a bummer.

I think it does sometimes cause me constipation and difficulty urinating, which is common with opiates. I'm sorry it gives you gut pain, I know how that feels as I ve suffered from horrendous IBS for years. Be thankful you can still obtain extracts though - I no longer can in my country

I guess I'm lucky I've never experienced any GI issues or constipation, even at 30g per day for almost a decade. If anything kratom made my bowels very regular.

Only occasional nausea.

I agree 100 percent. We are in a time where it seems a lot of people excluding BL of course! Lol. Don’t think enough. I feel like they’re not teaching critical thinking skills anymore so it’s easier to make the masses follow. But wtf do I know.
Here is what we know. The Earth rotates once every 24 hours. And we can have a group of people jumping up and down saying that is not true. But we know it is true. We truly have to use our gut to discern these days. So that is the way I approach these days. I know in my heart the earth rotates even if someone is screaming it does not. I do not have to convince anyone as I am comfortable in my beliefs. We all should be.

Eh too much psychology for a kratom post ;) But yeah I use to get nausea, I have not had nausea in years. My stomach learned to deal with the leaf.

I am about to drop from 25 gr to 15-18 soon. I know I keep saying that, too many duties have prevented me. But at least that amount is doable.

Also I will pull out some kratom from 2009 for my next session and update again.

I guess I'm lucky I've never experienced any GI issues or constipation, even at 30g per day for almost a decade. If anything kratom made my bowels very regular.
Same here. But I eat pretty well-- including fruits&veggies, and I drink a lot of water. I drink a lot of coffee too. You can set your clock by my poops-- once a day, exactly 30min after I get up in the morning.
Only nausea was early in my use if I took too much-- but really it was more dizziness than nausea.

I just found an old bag of Maeng Da kratom in storage.
Decided to try it and it was still as strong as it was back in 2016.
I'm starting to wonder if kratom has an infinite shelf life

I don't understand how kratom constipates people. For me, it's the exact opposite. Im too regular when I'm taking kratom. I'm talking 3 movements every morning. I guess it's all the fiber.