• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

no I don't take opioids. Unfortunately here in the UK Kratom was semi-banned a few years ago so we now only have a choice of one vendor, although they have a number of different strains.

Last night I took 9 grams of Sumatra Red. Is that a reasonable dose, or too much?
One vendor?
Love to know more ?

Does anybody make kratom tea, rather than just swallow the powder?

Would boiling kratom potentially cause it to lose its psychoactive properties?

Many do. It hits you faster and is a bit more stimulating this way.

Would boiling kratom potentially cause it to lose its psychoactive properties?
High boils can, so just simmer it for 15-20 min and that's plenty.

Make sure to add lemon juice while boiling it. The alkaloids aren't very soluble in water unless it's acidic. It also helps mask the taste, which isn't very pleasant.

Many do. It hits you faster and is a bit more stimulating this way.

High boils can, so just simmer it for 15-20 min and that's plenty.

Make sure to add lemon juice while boiling it. The alkaloids aren't very soluble in water unless it's acidic. It also helps mask the taste, which isn't very pleasant.

Thanks. About how many grams to you use for a tea?

And what effects do you get from it?

Yeah, I just put about 4oz of water in the microwave til it almost boils, dump a couple grams in, let it "dissolve", stir, add a little cold water to cool it down and shoot it down the gullet.

I dont get how people stomach eating the powder for long periods without problems. I got gastritis from it and it always ends up flaring up my pancreatitis but the extracts cause me no problems. When ive made tea from powder and strained out the powder it for real has like zero effects its such a bummer it would be awesome to make extracts for cheap that are as potent as those little shots. The ones I get say they have 170mgs mit and are supposedly equal to only the eq of swallowing 12 grams of powder but they feel alot stronger to me, makes me wonder if they are laced with an RC but I dont think so. They immediately numb my mouth and I feel the glow as soon as I swallow it crazy how fast those shots work I love them but they are 20$ a piece so way to costly.

you can literally but an 30mg oxy for the same price lol so if your taking kratom as much as you would oxy, you might as well stay on the oxy

Do you strain out the powder and just drink the liquid?
Nah I shoot it all down and let the stomach acid do its thing.
I have tried just the liquid in steeped "tea" and find it lacking. Need all those goodies in the plant matter including fiber. ;)

you can literally but an 30mg oxy for the same price lol so if your taking kratom as much as you would oxy, you might as well stay on the oxy
Youre getting "dirty 30's" then, no one is selling legit oxy for 20$ a pill and even if some people are I dont have access to it so like "lol" thats why I used to on occasion buy kratom shots to take coming down from smoking crack.

Nah I shoot it all down and let the stomach acid do its thing.
I have tried just the liquid in steeped "tea" and find it lacking. Need all those goodies in the plant matter including fiber. ;)

Have you tried filling empty cellulose/gelatine capsules? - I find them quite convenient and you don't get the unpleasant taste

Which colour - red, white or green - do you generally find has the most desirable effects?

Have you tried filling empty cellulose/gelatine capsules? - I find them quite convenient and you don't get the unpleasant taste

Which colour - red, white or green - do you generally find has the most desirable effects?
My first use of kratom was from a head shop and it was encapsulated in these gel-caps. I was in a terrible spot withdrawing from heavy opioid abuse.
Shopped on ebay for kratom and been ordering from the same vendor since with a couple tries of other vendors here and there but it wasn't what I was used to so went back to my reliable source.
I prefer just shooting the powder down in my "tea" and if on the go I just put a couple doses of it in a largish medicine bottle premixed.
Definitely the green would be my go to and have tried most all "colors".
I like the taste but then I like a lot of nasty shit. 😂 IME the nastier the taste of kratom the more effective I have found it to serve my needs. I love it when it is tongue numbing nasty.

There is no difference in effect from how you consume it, tea vs gel caps, only how quickly it hits you. After so many years with kratom... making tea really isn't worth the effort to me. You'll be buzzed either way within 45min on empty stomach.

It's all the same plant. The colors refer to the age of the leaf when harvested, but it's the same strain and same tree.

Red, the oldest most mature leaves, the weakest color in terms of effects. Red lacks the stimulation of green and white leaves, but this doesn't necessarily make it worse. In terms of subjective effects, it's the closest kratom gets to other opioids like oxycodone.

Green is semi mature leaf, balanced. White is a young leaf.... yellow is a mix of red + white. Gold is red + green + white.

Most people gravitate towards green, because it is objectively the strongest of the 3, and also returns the highest alkaloids on tests.

The difference between red and white is like weed, sativa and indica. Indica will make you sleepy, but it's all the same shit in the end; "weed is weed", if you understand me.

There is no difference in effect from how you consume it, tea vs gel caps, only how quickly it hits you. After so many years with kratom... making tea really isn't worth the effort to me. You'll be buzzed either way within 45min on empty stomach.

It's all the same plant. The colors refer to the age of the leaf when harvested, but it's the same strain and same tree.

Red, the oldest most mature leaves, the weakest color in terms of effects. Red lacks the stimulation of green and white leaves, but this doesn't necessarily make it worse. In terms of subjective effects, it's the closest kratom gets to other opioids like oxycodone.

Green is semi mature leaf, balanced. White is a young leaf.... yellow is a mix of red + white. Gold is red + green + white.

Most people gravitate towards green, because it is objectively the strongest of the 3, and also returns the highest alkaloids on tests.

The difference between red and white is like weed, sativa and indica. Indica will make you sleepy, but it's all the same shit in the end; "weed is weed", if you understand me.

Yeah I haven't noticed any discernible difference between strains or colours, despite all the claims on this guide site: https://kratom.org/guides/#What_Is_Kratom

They claim that regardless of strain, lower doses (below around 7 grams) are more stimulating while anything higher than that and it 'flips' and becomes more sedating. What are your usual doses?

And do you really find the effects of kratom comparable to things like Oxy?

Yeah I haven't noticed any discernible difference between strains or colours, despite all the claims on this guide site: https://kratom.org/guides/#What_Is_Kratom

They claim that regardless of strain, lower doses (below around 7 grams) are more stimulating while anything higher than that and it 'flips' and becomes more sedating. What are your usual doses?

This exactly about kratom being DOSE dependent.....not strain dependent. I tell people to take any color/brand and cover up the labels. Get 3 different ones ( red, green, white ) and experiment with them. Take your usual doses but since you don't know what color you are taking you can see if there really is any difference. Doesn't matter what color/brand I buy it's all the same..........the dose is what matters. For me anyway.

3 grams feels like a boost of energy ( but not all jittery like coffee does ). More like a pep in your step and a bit of a good mood feeling.

5 grams feels a bit like a soma/low dose benzo/low dose muscle relaxer and totally takes the energy aspect away. At this dose it starts acting more like a sedative.

8 grams and it acts like a strong sleeping agent ( maybe ambien ) and it puts me to sleep within 30 minutes.

I have never gotten anything close to a feeling like an oxy 30mg IR. Or a Vicoden. Maybe........upon occasion a bit like codeine. It just doesn't pack that kind of punch for me. No warm fuzzies, no real deep contentment or euphoria. Just a relaxing feeling and at higher doses a super lazy feeling.

That's why I take low doses during the day to get things done and be productive and then at night I take the larger dose. I used to have broken sleep and insomnia and would lay in bed and worry about stuff. Kratom took that all away. I fall asleep, stay asleep and when I wake up to pee or whatever I can get back to sleep ( without taking more ). Had I learned about kratom and started taking it much sooner in my life I would have saved myself so much misery by not tossing and turning all night. Better late than never though.

And all this is just me of course. My biology, my metabolism and my outlook on it. I know not everyone reacts to it this way. Whether it be green, white or red it all acts the same in my body. How many grams I take is what dictates how I am going to feel.

There are different effects from different kratom. For example, good quality red strains are sedating at any dose, and compared to a fast white strain they do feel quite different. There's also a big difference between very high quality and poor/mediocre kratom.

But it takes a lot of experience to spot a lot of the nuanced differences.

These days I usually dose 3-7g in the morning, and occasionally another 3-4g in the afternoon.

With zero opioid tolerance, high doses or extracts are definitely comparable to oxy, but there is a ceiling effect. Tolerance develops more rapidly than oxy.

Anybody know about Kratom's shelf life? I know you're supposed to store it ideally in an airtight plastic container or bag, but does it lose its potency after a certain amount of time?

Do you need to consume kratom shortly after purchasing it, or could it last for months or even years if stored correctly?