• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

Hey guys,

I've used Kratom on and off for the past 2 weeks, and lately have had some bad leg and arms cramps. The leg cramps go all the way up into my thighs.

I've never really had these before, and think they are somehow Kratom related? If I cut my usage back to 2 days a week, I'm sure it would be fine. Should I be worried? Could this be a sign of bad circulation while on Kratom?

From what I remember about Kratom in the past is after taking it for a week or more nonstop, my legs would hurt just like yours. It was painful and annoying, it would keep me from sleeping. I think it causes a mineral deficiency. It's very uncomfortable. I think it's a lack of potassium. I usually have Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar around so I would drink a few tablespoons in a glass of water because it's full of potassium. Or eat some bananas. When I noticed those awful leg cramps, I would take a break from it. Those cramps ruin the whole experience.

From what I remember about Kratom in the past is after taking it for a week or more nonstop, my legs would hurt just like yours. It was painful and annoying, it would keep me from sleeping. I think it causes a mineral deficiency. It's very uncomfortable. I think it's a lack of potassium. I usually have Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar around so I would drink a few tablespoons in a glass of water because it's full of potassium. Or eat some bananas. When I noticed those awful leg cramps, I would take a break from it. Those cramps ruin the whole experience.

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was having circulatory issues or something, but my blood pressure and whatnot was fine.

I'm on an antibiotic right now where I can't take potassium with it, so I'm just gonna wait to finish the meds and then my tolerance will be nice and low by then.

Thanks for the post man!

Oh thank goodness! I thought I was having circulatory issues or something, but my blood pressure and whatnot was fine.

I'm on an antibiotic right now where I can't take potassium with it, so I'm just gonna wait to finish the meds and then my tolerance will be nice and low by then.

Thanks for the post man!

If your on the right antibiotic, man, I'm think azythro and maybe doxy, the have pretty great anti-inflammatory action by working against some proteins that cause inflammation.

Do you think bannanas or something like Celtic Sea Salt (recommended to me by a physical therapist) or even gatorade would help potassium deficiency as apple cider vinegar does??

I've never had these potassium issues with Kratom, but i do get low potassium/electrolytes at times so this info might help.

Thanks

Damn that's crazy shit!!!! I had blatter problems I thought were BPH, but I'm only 23 y/o...

Not bladder "problems", but I noticed I have to pee a WHOLE LOT more while taking it. But, I'm averaging 20-30g a day.

Do you think bannanas or something like Celtic Sea Salt (recommended to me by a physical therapist) or even gatorade would help potassium deficiency as apple cider vinegar does??

I've never had these potassium issues with Kratom, but i do get low potassium/electrolytes at times so this info might help.

Thanks

I LOVE Celtic Sea Salt!!! Thank you for reminding me to get more. That could help. It's packed with plenty of essential minerals that you need. It does happen to include potassium.

"A quarter-teaspoon of Celtic sea salt contains 601.25 milligrams of chloride, 460 milligrams of sodium and 2.7 milligrams of potassium, according to CureZone.com."

Yes, bananas for sure. That's another natural source full of potassium.

Celtic Sea Salt is also perfect after a work out when you're tired because it recovers the body and makes you feel strong, refreshed and energized.

More info on all the minerals etc. in Celtic Sea Salt:

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/list-minerals-sea-salt-8907.html

Last edited:

Thanks for the post man!

Even if you can't get potassium, the leg problem will go away on its own if you take a break from the Kratom.

^^ that's fuckin weird- I hate the feeling of congestion that my stomachs ripping up 12 gel caps of kratom gives me.

^^ that's fuckin weird- I hate the feeling of congestion that my stomachs ripping up 12 gel caps of kratom gives me.
I know what you mean. I used to hate that feeling from all those capsules. The least I could do was make sure it was vegetable capsules and not those gross gelatin capsules. Drinking a hot cup of tea (Liptons or whatever) after swallowing all those capsules helps to melt the capsules in your system.

I get leg pain during WD from Kratom but never while I'm on it. For those of you who have experienced Kratom WD, how long does it typically last?

Kratom WD is probably a toned down version of your classic: day1-day6 with days 3-5 being the worst.

I'm on Bactrim DS for sinus issues.

Think it would be ok to take Kratom? Was just gonna take it tomorrow, then wait a few more days.

I'm on Bactrim DS for sinus issues.

Think it would be ok to take Kratom? Was just gonna take it tomorrow, then wait a few more days.

Only thing I can think of is competitive inhibition of liver enzymes. I would just look up metabolism of kratom of bacteria. Even then you would be fine if you just lowered doses.

I'm a little worried about the whole QT prolongation thing.

As I stayed earlier, I take Prozac, which in some cases is said to prolong the QT.

Apparently Bactrim can in some people too, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

Also, it's said mitragyna prolongs the QT somewhat, but also effects potassium levels, which Bactrim can too?

I don't know, I feel over my head with all this shit. My anxiety is getting the best of me, but I also just wanna make sure I'll be ok.