• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ yes, the cost mostly. But I don't like the dark skin under my eyes either, you can still have heroin addict type symptoms. Today I feel feverish and my body hurts, but I dont know why!!? I've had a lot of kratom, plus my usualdaytime 30mg mscontin. Maybe it's a reaction to taking flexeril this last week. Damn flex is sleeepy!

^ yes, the cost mostly. But I don't like the dark skin under my eyes either, you can still have heroin addict type symptoms. Today I feel feverish and my body hurts, but I dont know why!!? I've had a lot of kratom, plus my usualdaytime 30mg mscontin. Maybe it's a reaction to taking flexeril this last week. Damn flex is sleeepy!

well how many drugs are you taking!?!?i had black circles under my eyes way before kratom lol..how much kratom are you using daily?ya gotta weigh the good versus the bad..

Energy!! For sure!

I take it halfway through work (I work 3rd shift) with coffee and I am one productive mofo those last 4 hours!!!

Hey swiys, swim wanted to make a post on here because of swims experience and newly found love for kratom. Swim had tried kratom before and it really never effected him. Swim has been clean from all opiates for almost 3 months now, however, swim has had a really stressful couple of days and hasn't slept in awhile. So swim picked up some of this new liquid extract (by opms) and gave it a go. Swim is blown off his feet by this shit. For anyone who doubts that kratom can deliver, swim is here to tell you he was too and now is not. It has been 3 months since swim used anything with an opiate like effect, but i kid you not this stuff is as strong as hydro and has a real nice feel to it. It's a great treat and if you are going through wds something that's completely worth picking up. Thanks swiys! Swim just had to make a post about this.

Ever since I started with kratom, about a month and a half ago, I have had no interest in drinking alcohol, have been disgusted by the taste of wine (whereas I was previously able to slam large amounts of it quickly with no problem), and haven't really enjoyed the buzzes I've gotten from vodka/rum near as much as I once did.
Has anyone else had something similar happen once they started with kratom? I'm kind of thinking it might be a good thing, in the long run, but it's still weird.

Hey swiys, swim wanted to make a post on here because of swims experience and newly found love for kratom. Swim had tried kratom before and it really never effected him. Swim has been clean from all opiates for almost 3 months now, however, swim has had a really stressful couple of days and hasn't slept in awhile. So swim picked up some of this new liquid extract (by opms) and gave it a go. Swim is blown off his feet by this shit. For anyone who doubts that kratom can deliver, swim is here to tell you he was too and now is not. It has been 3 months since swim used anything with an opiate like effect, but i kid you not this stuff is as strong as hydro and has a real nice feel to it. It's a great treat and if you are going through wds something that's completely worth picking up. Thanks swiys! Swim just had to make a post about this.

We don't use swim here.

Just say that it's you, afterall, swim doesn't really protect anyone from anything anyway.

well how many drugs are you taking!?!?i had black circles under my eyes way before kratom lol..how much kratom are you using daily?ya gotta weigh the good versus the bad..
I'm taking 6 drugs if u count caffeine 8o and i take 5 tsp a day, although I want to cut down to 3.

Ever since I started with kratom, about a month and a half ago, I have had no interest in drinking alcohol, have been disgusted by the taste of wine (whereas I was previously able to slam large amounts of it quickly with no problem), and haven't really enjoyed the buzzes I've gotten from vodka/rum near as much as I once did.
Has anyone else had something similar happen once they started with kratom? I'm kind of thinking it might be a good thing, in the long run, but it's still weird.

Same thing happens to me on kratom. I also noticed this effect on suboxone, and to a lesser extent with other opiates (varies from one opiate to another).

On kratom alcohol doesn't taste as good, I get more nauseous and the positive effects of alcohol are greatly diminshed.

there doesnt seem to be any kratom horror stories on here like u see with meth and heroin..kratom withdrawals seem shitty but nothing that will make you quit your job or anything..

When I was up to 30+ grams per day and quit cold turkey there was no way you could have gotten me to go to work for at least a week. Thank god I was unemployed and I had the time to do it. But if anyone thinks that kratom withdrawals are manageable with respect to your job you are mistaken. And uh, yea, taking a week off of work for no reason that you can explain to your boss is a pretty good way to get fired.

^ time to drop the noble lie. (my cousin died, I have to go to Massachusets)

My friend just had what sounded like a brilliant idea, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. The idea is to ingest kratom before a tattooing session, and depending on the timeframe, redose as desired. Anyone have experience with this?

When I was up to 30+ grams per day and quit cold turkey there was no way you could have gotten me to go to work for at least a week. Thank god I was unemployed and I had the time to do it. But if anyone thinks that kratom withdrawals are manageable with respect to your job you are mistaken. And uh, yea, taking a week off of work for no reason that you can explain to your boss is a pretty good way to get fired.
I actually made it through work in kratom w.d.s for a week. It really sucked tho.

I've recently started capping my Kratom in 000 capsules. Each cap holds 1g of power -- I'm anal, so I weighed each one and gave myself a .05 margin of error. But even if you don't have a scale -- filling a 000 cap usually resulted in VERY close to 1g each. I was able to cap 8 oz in about 30 minutes by hand w/out a capping tool. Much more pleasant than toss/wash (which made me gag at least part of the time, even when I had become adept at the process). It's nice to have a bottle of ready caps on hand -- I stick them in a bottle of my favorite vitamins and no one is the wiser when I take my 'meds'. Effort/Reward = Win! for me :) Thought I'd share, good luck!

I also use the 000 caps although I still mix my K in V8 as well. I don't know the grams but my regular dose is a leveled tablespoon and I find it takes about 9 capsules to fit it all in and I PACK them!

I'm still wondering if there is some solution to the Kratom insomnia I experience.

Enough people here say that they can sleep on Kratom that it makes me wonder if for me it might be the synergy between very high dose caffeine consumption and Kratom because I always drink like between 6-8 cups of coffee a day but when I DON'T use Kratom I still sleep pretty much ok at night as long as I take Melatonin but when I take Kratom on top of it I can take 75mgs of benadryl and my usual melatonin and STILL won't sleep a wink unless it's been AT LEAST 5 hours since the Kratom completely wore off if not more.

I am going to try to reduce my caffeine consumption as much as I can but I am not sure it will make enough of a difference.

I really think Kratom just effects me that way regardless of strain since I have used bali and it never matters I still can't sleep.

Maybe it will be SOMEWHAT easier if I cut down on coffee but I think unless I could quit COMPLETELY (which isn't likely at all lol) that I still wouldn't be able to sleep on Kratom.

I know others who have the same problem as me but it still PERPLEXES me how some people can sleep just fine on it.

I mean, empirically speaking there can only be one STRONG external difference between me and any of the people who sleep fine on it and that is the level of my caffeine consumption but even though I drink more coffee than most I seriously doubt that NONE of the people who say they sleep fine on it drink coffee and may even sometimes have a bit more coffee than might be recommended.

I mean, this is bluelight afterall lol.

Other than that, there's differences in strain...but again...I have used bali which is the classic sedating vein.

There was only ONE time where I made REALLY strong Kratom tea that I nodded out for about an hour, but other than that ONE time if I SERIOUSLY overdo the Kratom I will get tired for a little while but usually that effect wears off pretty quickly, probably cause of all the caffeine in my system.

At least I know Kratom CAN possibly effect me that way from the one time I nodded off on it...but that was I think the first time I EVER took Kratom and i made tea out of it which I prefer not to do these days as I think I waste Kratom.

It's still a mystery to me...I guess drugs effect everyone differently is the best answer I can ever get??

I wouldn't compare it to adderal at all. Adderal is speed.....I can drink all night like a champ on it

This does not mix well with alcohol IME

Same thing happens to me on kratom. I also noticed this effect on suboxone, and to a lesser extent with other opiates (varies from one opiate to another).

On kratom alcohol doesn't taste as good, I get more nauseous and the positive effects of alcohol are greatly diminshed.

i was an opiate addict for many years then got clean and i noticed that alcohol didnt give me any good effects..i didt get any pleasure or euphoria or much of any mood boost fro alcohol..it didnt matter if i was drinking beer or vodka, i would just feel fuzzy and sloppy on alcohol whereas in the past(before opiates) i would get empathetic, very energetic, just in a great overall mood...now, i drink alcohol and just feel worse..it really sucks and im not sure what happened..

i was an opiate addict for many years then got clean and i noticed that alcohol didnt give me any good effects..i didt get any pleasure or euphoria or much of any mood boost fro alcohol..it didnt matter if i was drinking beer or vodka, i would just feel fuzzy and sloppy on alcohol whereas in the past(before opiates) i would get empathetic, very energetic, just in a great overall mood...now, i drink alcohol and just feel worse..it really sucks and im not sure what happened..

I have the same issue and was told this:

"Alcohol causes endorphin release indirectly. Thats why opiate antagonists are used to treat alcoholism, they take the euphoria out of drinking.
Using opiates down-regulates opiate receptors so alcohol doesn't have as much of an effect on them and you don't get a buzz"

maybe its permanent down-regulation??

Status
Not open for further replies.