• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and this is a different question, but is there anyone here who prefers to use whole leaf Kratom over Kratom powder and if so, why??

I've only used powders so far, but I'd imagine toss and wash to be VERY hard with whole leaf (the only method I use).

Do people prefer whole leaf over powder cause it's better for tea or something?

Or is there another reason?

Do most of you prefer Kratom powder or whole leaf Kratom?

Hi Myc, I think Classic Bali is especially euphoric and sleepy. WHite vein Indo is what I mostly take in the day.

Has anyone here ever figured out a solution to the insomnia caused by Kratom??

i don't understand how some people have no trouble sleeping on it at all.

Of course I do drink MASSIVE amounts of coffee...like sometimes up to 8 cups a day BUT...when I don't dose kratom I can still fall asleep even if it is a bit later than I want but on Kratom I don't sleep A WINK until it has been like AT LEAST 5 hours since it wore off (for me I think Kratom lasts about 4 hours so that means not dosing for about 10 hours before bed...).

It's the biggest problem Kratom causes me.

Maybe those who don't drink coffee or dont drink MUCH coffee have less issue because I think Kratom and coffee either syngergize or potentiate eachother, maybe just syngergize...but STILL...I don't know.

Are there any people here who DON'T drink coffee or at least don't have more than like 2 cups a day that STILL can't sleep on Kratom??

Are there some people here who DO drink a lot of coffee (4 or more cups a day) with their Kratom and still CAN sleep on it??

I DID find that the one time I took a Kratom EXRACT...UEI to be exact, that I had ZERO trouble sleeping on it even with all the coffee I drink...but who knows what is in extracts that makes them different from plain leaf. It felt more like Oxycodone or Hydrocodone which I have no trouble sleeping on so maybe that is why and maybe it lacks the stimulant in plain leaf.

Still, extracts are stronger and I'm not going to take them regularly like I take plain leaf so that isn't much of a solution except for the rare times I take extracts.

I wish there was some "magic" strain I could take and sleep on, but I'd assume that even if there are some that are SOMEWHAT easier to sleep on I'd STILL have to SIGNIFICANTLY reduce my caffeine intake for it to even be a possibility I could fall asleep somewhat earlier on it.

Seriously has ANYONE figured out a good solution to the Kratom insomnia??

Has anyone even tried?

Or do people just figure the only answer is not to dose too close to bedtime?

Benadryl and melatonin won't put me out when I'm on it and I don't feel like trying more heavy duty shit like Ambien.

Alcohol is the only thing that puts me out after dosing too close to bedtime but obviously that doesn't give a good night's sleep.

i take a half tsp b4 bed and get no insomnia, just enough opioid to sleep. one more half tsp when i wake up in the middle of the night.

i take a half tsp b4 bed and get no insomnia, just enough opioid to sleep. one more half tsp when i wake up in the middle of the night.

See you are one of the unusual people who it doesn't bother and I can't figure out why.

Do you not drink any coffee?

That could be PART of the reason, but even if I didn't drink coffee I don't think I could sleep taking Kratom before bed.

I need a solution from the people who DO get insomnia from Kratom.

It still makes Zero sense to me that some people like me can't sleep a wink on it while others can sleep fine on it.

I can't abstain from caffeine long enough to find out if that is why, but at least I can find out if there are any heavy coffee drinkers who Can STILL sleep on Kratom, Kratom users who DON'T drink much coffee who can't.

I do get insomnia from k, but usually a half tsp wont do it. I have a decent tolerance as a chronic pain opiate user, but even for me there's no way I can sleep on 1.5 or 2 tsp. I take 100mg seroquel so that'll put down even an elephant on meth,lol.----I drink a lot of coffee. ok here i go to try to sleep :)

I dosed last night at 11:30pm and fell asleep around 2:00am using weed and diphenhydramine. This strain was Kalimantan gold but I can sleep on almost all of the red strains.

I used a higher dose of kratom at 11pm tonight along with hydroxyzine and by the way I'm feeling I'll probably be out within an hour.

As for my caffeine intake: I take my usual 200mg caffeine pill and kratom at 8am and I drink a 16oz coffee at 10am. I drink water the rest of the day. Strangely though last week I replaced the antihistamine with temazepam and had a hell of a time sleeping.

Last edited:
Also, does anyone know if Kratom increases blood pressure?

I read an abstract the other day on WebMd that said it can increase blood pressure, agitation, and can cause hypertension and I DEFINITELY get agitated on Kratom but that happens on all opiates.

Actually the other day I was on Kratom, Phenibut and a LOT of caffeine and towards the end of the night I was getting REALLY tense and agitated.

I know that a large portion of it was the Phenibut and not the Kratom but I know both played a part and the caffeine probably did too.

I'd like to know if anyone else knows more about any possible links between Kratom, (and to a lesser extent Phenibut) and high blood pressure and hypertension and if it causes those things are they just temporary or can it cause long term problems in that area??

But really, most of all now the more pressing issue is the insomnia cause I know I'll continue to dose and I just want to be able to sleep better when I take it.

yes it has increased my bp when ive dosed before going to see my doctor. I slept like a dream last night :) Classic Bali did the trick!

In the 2 years I was taking Kratom (and only recently stopped 2 weeks ago, with very serious withdrawals, a topic for another conversation), I never had trouble sleeping. But I do notice a vast difference between the green/white strains and the reds. I would never, ever take a green/white before bed. I found them pretty energetic and only used them in the morning before noon.

If you're not sleeping it may be because you're taking a green or white strain in the afternoon. The red strains are more sedating and I haven't heard of this being a problem. Of course, like all drugs, Kratom effects everyone differently and all of it may just keep you up. I highly suspect that your caffeine intake has a synergy with the Kratom- BOTH PLANTS ARE CLOSELY RELATED. Cut down on the caffeine or take only the red veins and see if that helps.

yes it has increased my bp when ive dosed before going to see my doctor. I slept like a dream last night :) Classic Bali did the trick!

How high was your blood pressure on Kratom?

Was it an unsafe level?

just trying to figure out if the bp increase from Kratom is dangerous.

I'm doubting it is, but just making sure.

150/84 is not that bad. Mine is 140/90. The doctor said once that 140 is okay but 90 could be lower.

Took 3 days off this past weekend and the only thing I noticed was I felt like I was crawling out of my skin....but I also thought that may have had more to do with the fact I was drinking in the evenings and took aderrall. I figures it was my body's way of telling me my equolibrium was off....didn't notice any other side effects

Does Benadryl potientiate this like it does with classic opioids? Ad for those who do take it with Benadryl, does it make you groogy? 25mg makes me super groggy, so I'm hesitant to use it with my daily dose of kratom

well about month ago i bought some kratom..2 ounces of Red Bali and Red Vein Thai .. started off taking a little less than 2 teaspoons so around 4 grams..i have a pretty hardcore opiate addiction background but been clean for 6-7 years from them..didnt know what to expect from kratom as some compared it to caffeine and others said it was like heroin..my first dose within 30 minutes i felt a mood lift and that opiate contentment wash over me..i didnt really get much euphoria but wasnt looking for any..along with the mood boost i noticed my body felt more charged up, felt like i had taken some type of welbutrin or ephedrine or something similar...this stimulation part was only mild but the energy i felt was pretty amazing...it was a clean energy, not the jittery type i get from ephedrine or caffeine and it seems to last for hours and has no crash like caffeine..also, whats good about kratom is it didnt seem to raise blood pressure like most stimulants do..i just remember feeling nice, calm yet strangely activated, but very content..

the first day i took it i just sat back and did nothing but the few times after that i tried working out and doing yard work while on kratom..must say kratom is wonderful aid when it comes to doing physical activity especially boring tasks like yard work or regular stuff at your job..it makes boring things not boring at all and very tolerable..

also noticed the strong appetite suppressant effects which surprised me..i find after taking kratom i dont want to eat and have to force myself to gobble something down..this is a big plus especially when i think back to how opiods made me crave sweets like candy bars etc etc..

on the downside, with kratom i sweat buckets...i do take caffeine and im sure it has something to do with it but damn, i can be doing something leisurely in the yard and start sweating on kratom..i think this is a very annoying side effect, one which im not sure what to do about but just deal with it..

another downside is insomnia...twice i have tried taking Bali Red strain after 5-6 pm and both times it kept me up all night long!Bali Red is supposed to be sedating but it gae me bad insomnia so i can only imagine what the more stimulating strains would be like..again this side effect seems like just something i will have to deal with..

ive read this entire thread and it seems most kratom users tend to end up becoming addicted and some dont mind as it still helps them get through work etc etc..i dont plan on going down the addiction route so i pla on using it every few days..

there doesnt seem to be any kratom horror stories on here like u see with meth and heroin..kratom withdrawals seem shitty but nothing that will make you quit your job or anything..

thing is though, it does seem kratom could be a pricey little habit pretty quick if you dont try to maintain some sort of strict regimen with it..many on here seem to gobble down 10 grams at a whack and multiple times a day..not a cheap habit to get into from the looks of it..

is there anyone on here that has been taking it daily for years and it still works for them in terms of mood lift and energy boost?

Hi Belfort I've been steady at 5 tsp daily for a long time. It still works, but I wish I could just quit.

Hi Belfort I've been steady at 5 tsp daily for a long time. It still works, but I wish I could just quit.

hmm why?if it still helps you, why do you want to quit?because of the cost?like i said in my post, the cost is what i could see preventing some people from diving head first into a kratom habit..

Status
Not open for further replies.