• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom just makes me sleepy?

cactus3

Greenlighter
About 5 or 6 weeks ago I started taking Kratom.I started out with a spoonfull, but I could hardly keep my eyes open during the entire day.

After a week I cut back to half a spoon, and noticed more pleasant effect. A little brain high, releaxed and slightly euphoric.

Now, after taking it daily (sometimes twice a day), I feel like it has no effect anymore. A full spoon will still knock me out for the day, but less than that and I don't feel anything. If I try a new strain, I'm lucky if I feel something the first time, but out of the 4 new stains I got last week, only 1 I felt.

I'm going to start a week of stem and vein today, hopefully that will reset my system.

Is this tolerance built up? I would think so, if it weren't for the fact that a full spoon still makes me sleep for hours.

Right now I am rotating between red borneo, green malay, red thai, red agatha and green bali.

My opiate tolerance is pretty high as well (fentanyl IR ruined everything), and I read green bali should be the most opiate-like strain, but I never felt any effects of that strain at all.

Anyone experienced the same? How can I feel the good effects again?

Hmm, how much is your spoonfull? A TBS can be almost 7g, which is a moderate to high dose. The reds mostly make people sleepy, but greens can as well. Lower doses are more stimulating, while higher ones are sedating. Try taking less, around 4g maybe 3-3.5g to see if that'll help you. I know you said that if you take less, that you don't feel it, but keep tinkering with your doses until you hit your sweet spot.

I also suggest a white vein strain to help give energy, maybe mix it in with a red one as well. Also something to remember, is that you won't get "high" like opioids did in the past. It may seem like you're not feeling anything, but that can sometimes be your body saying "this isn't enough, I'm not feeling like I used to." I'm guilty of that myself! Just play with it, kratom is the most fickle substance I've taken. It all varies, no two strains are the same (like with cannabis).

Also, I heavily recommend you to check out the kratom subreddit over at r/kratom. Very helpful bunch of people who know a lot and can be of more help! I go there every day. Lots of helpful information that saved me some hassle and also answeeed some questions. Good luck man! Congratulations on sobriety!!! Keep it up brotato, much love

If u use anything for 6 weeks straight effects will diminish..a week break would really help u out..and try skipping days sometimes

No need to take a "spoon full" you should take 2-3 level teaspoons. Measure with an actual measuring spoon. If you are falling asleep you are taking to much.

What else are you taking on a regular basis?

Low doses tend to be more stimulating, so you can try cutting back. IME, the stimulating effects disappear pretty quickly with daily use, though.

Also depends on the strain you are using. Reds are definitely more sedating. If you are looking for energy try a good quality white or green MD. Find a reputable online vendor, and skip the head shops. Much cheaper and better quality. Also with Kratom, less is more.