• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom information anybody?

Nutmegfreakz17

Greenlighter
So I just got this Hi5 Imperial Kratom pill (they say that Hi5 is the strongest blend on their website). I want some information on it's effects and dangers before taking it as well as advice.

My only advice is not to mention to anyone that you do Kratom.

So many people are coming on here mentioning it every day that it's going to be illegal in no time.

I've also fucked up and told people about it I shouldn't have so I'm not exempt.

But aside from that Kratom is mostly harmless other than it being addictive if you take it too many days a week.

It will probably feel like weak vicodin combined with caffeine perhaps and there are a million types and usually they don't come in capsules so nobody knows exactly what you have because everyone is trying to sell their own brand of Kratom but in general most are the same.

For the most part, if this is one single Kratom pill we are talking about then not that much can really go wrong if you take it other than perhaps some insomnia (i have that problem with it) and maybe some consitpation.

If you take it everyday though you will get addicted.

No one has ever really overdosed on Kratom by itself.

It will make you feel pleasant, relaxed, and perhaps also a bit stimulated.

Basically you can just take it if its only one pill and you don't really have to think too hard about it just don't drive.

Yeah pre made kratom capsules are a rip off. And to Mycophile: this is an HR sight, I think telling people to not ask/talk about a substance just because that may contribute to its illegality is really stupid. So please people, talk abou kratom all you want!! I mean theres a dang megathread on it for a reason.

Yeah pre made kratom capsules are a rip off. And to Mycophile: this is an HR sight, I think telling people to not ask/talk about a substance just because that may contribute to its illegality is really stupid. So please people, talk abou kratom all you want!! I mean theres a dang megathread on it for a reason.

Yeah sorry, I was just in a bitchy mood and let it out in the wrong way.

I apologize.

I had that particular brand and strain of Kratom. I had a bad reaction to it; light headed, eyes twitching, nausea and a thumping heart. The first hour or so was pleasant, but then it went sour. It didn't feel weak.

So I just took 3 caps of the same shit I was talking about. Will it work? Last time nothing happened.

My only advice is not to mention to anyone that you do Kratom.

So many people are coming on here mentioning it every day that it's going to be illegal in no time.
To a certain extent I absolutely agree with this, not to the degree of never speaking of it though. Sure this is a harm reduction board but three quarters of the kratom threads posted are asking basic questions that could either be answered with a google search, searching past threads, or looking in the kratom megathread... regularly leaving a bunch of unnecessary threads on the first pages of OD catching the eyes of curious people who have never heard of it previously, thus feeding the (inevitable) cycle. You can see this same thing happening with phenibut as well. IMO new threads should be reserved for questions that couldn't be answered through searching.

The amount of traction kratom is catching is pretty disturbing knowing the track record of our (the US) oppressive government. People who care about it's legality should do whatever they can to keep it low on the radar, even if it seems like it's kinda late for that. I've certainly been guilty of strongly advocating kratom use as well, nowadays however with all the light being put on kratom I won't even post in most kratom threads out of principle (Not that I'm recommending anyone to do the same). Some might consider this a selfish way of thinking, I prefer the word cautionary, but as I said most of the threads are redundant and could be answered in the megathread. The day kratom is banned is a day I want to avoid for as long as possible.
---

Guess I should point out that this post isn't necessarily directed at any one thread, this one included.

Last edited:
Kratom has been on the DEA's watch list for probably 5 years now, it's not like they don't know about it. And talking about it isn't gonna get it banned, having people fuck dosages up and get hurt just might.

My advice is to avoid anything that comes pre-encapsulated or pressed into pills, they are often of very poor quality and kratom generally needs more than a pill-sized smount to produce an effect. Also avoid extracts, a lagre portion of them contain little or no active alkaloids. I'd say the dose window is around 3 to 10 grams of dry powdered leaf, more for a sedating high, less for a stimulating one.

Don't jump right in and do 10 grams with no tolerance, though. You can absolutely overdose on kratom. It won't kill you but it will make you feel very unpleasant and you could get sick and vomit.

You would have to be insane to think kratom gaining popularity wouldn't be a huge contributor for it getting banned. High doses of kratom aren't even dangerous, so I would argue the risk of greater widespread use is even more influential than a few unpleasant experiences from high doses. With more users comes more dependency, which comes with more hospitalizations, which come with more negative attention, which comes with that oh so lovely media sensationalism users of once legal drugs have come to love.

Obviously the DEA has known about kratom for a while, it just hasn't been a big enough problem for them to bother regulating it. With the rate that popularity is increasing you would have to be foolish to think that this wouldn't have a huge impact on future regulation (or more likely, full on banishment). I don't want to discourage people from asking questions, I just wished people would run a search before creating new threads. Or that people were more conscientious as to who they told about it.

At the end of the day most kratom users heard about it by consistently seeing it mentioned on message boards, so unfortunately talking about it does indirectly contribute to government intervention as it increases exposure, leading to the problems above. Lessening the amount of repeat threads would hopefully cut down at least some of that exposure. As someone who's never heard of kratom it must be hard not to see what the fuss is about when you see new threads about this somewhat obscure drug on the front pages of OD and BDD at what seems like all times.

Last edited: