• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom - Getting Surgery soon

nullshithead

Greenlighter
Before I start Id like to say this isn't about me getting drug tested.
Most reports i've read of people going into surgery after using kratom are fine, however, I'd still like to get a lil deeper into.
The surgeon said not to take the usual two weeks before the surgery (17th) and i sadly forgot to mention Kratom as I was not using it as active at the time. (I use it everyday now.) I'm probably just not going to dose a day or two before the surgery, ill feel like complete shit and probably very anxious hut id hate to fuck my surgery up.
Ive been taking kratom everyday for almost 7-9 months maybe more now.
I'm slowly lowering my dose, hopeing to make any withdrawals not that bad, and in hopes to get some better effects from kratom for when I am bed rested.
What is everyone elses opinion? Has anyone had surgery whole taking kratom?
(the surgery is taking a metal rod and screws out of my already healed leg.)
Sorry if this was hard to understand lol.

I'm going to try and answer this best I can with my limited knowledge.

Kratom is an Opioid. Opiods are used in nearly all surgeries, (Morphine as the main one).

The only side effect I could see occurring is that the Morphine doesn't quite have the powerful analgesic effect it may of had on a non tolerant person. Apart from that I can't see any difficulties arising.

Take what I've said with a pinch of salt as I'm not medically trained but do have a somewhat brief understanding (Medical parents).

Hope this helps.

I'm not sure how your hospital operates, but generally Anesthesia interviews you when you are in pre-op. I'd suggest you tell them-if you're at all opiate or opiod tolerant, they need to know-it might affect what drugs are given or how much. You do NOT want to be underdosed for surgery.

Yeah I was reading a lot about that. Even though I take Kratom everyday my opiate opiate tolerance never seems to change lol. Not sure if I just don't realize it?
This is the second surgery, and they are only taking the rod out, which is no where near as pain ful as my original surgery.

How much kratom do you take daily? You could just quit cold turkey right now and be fine by surgery.

Yeah I was reading a lot about that. Even though I take Kratom everyday my opiate opiate tolerance never seems to change lol. Not sure if I just don't realize it?
This is the second surgery, and they are only taking the rod out, which is no where near as pain ful as my original surgery.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just tell me pre surgery. OR face being underdosed Morphine and going through a world of hell. They would rather you tell them, trust me.

Quitting a KRATOM habit CT is fucking brutal. End of.

Depends on the tolerance built. I've gone through my fair share of withdrawals and kratom is on the milder end. Especially with the aid of some benzos, clonidine and other such meds.

Ive delt with Meth and withdrawals or come down you can say. And a lot of em. I plan on telling my surgeron, they had redose me at least five times my first surgery, so they should already have a general idea.
I really dont wanna go gold turkey.